InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Wonderland ❯ In Love With A Stranger ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Winter Wonderland
 
In Love With A Stranger
 
Youkai Tsume; Look, I know it's not winter, or even near winter but hey..... I can have a little fun every now and then, can't I?
 
`thinking'
 
“speaking”
 
~*~Inner thoughts of the characters~*~
 
~*~*~*~*~ = next chap.
 
~&~&~&~&~ = Flashback
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
The day near Christmas draws closer, only another week and a half to wait and it's there! Kagome is in the mall a few minutes from her house, trying to buy presents for her family. Luckily for her she had gotten a job 4 months ago, it paid very good too, 18,00 dollars every hour, she got at least 250 dollars every month, yet again luckily for her she saved her money just for this. Kagome smiled happily while walking in a book store, on a table she noticed a dark brown book, the cover read `Legends of The Past' in golden letters. Gently she picked it up, looking through the pages, seeing many legends that her grandfather DIDN'T know, shocking isn't it? Kagome decided to buy it for him, but kept looking through the book store, to see if she could find one for one of her brother or mother. But she found none, so she paid for the book, not forgetting to ask the cashier if he could wrap it, each he gladly did, but being careful not to mess up the already old book. The cahier put it in a bag, still being gentle, then handing it to her. Kagome smiled at him, taking it and walking out of the store, making her way to another.
 
She bought her little brother two shirts, the white read `My cat walks all over me' in red bold letters and black cat paws on it, the black one read `Mess with me and I'll sick my cat on you' in red bold letters, with yellowish green eyes underneath. And finally but not least, she bought her mother a silver necklace with a white diamond shaped heart. Kagome thought for a moment then remembered about Buyo, who over the years, gotten a little skinnier and a bit more playful. She walked it a pet store and bought a little blue ball in which contain a little bell inside it. Once she walked out, she saw the ice rink, remembering she used to come here often as a little girl to skate, skating was her passion, it still was. She put her bags by the side of the ice rink, luckily everyone was too busy shopping, she smiled happily as she went and rented a pair of skates for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Making her way to the ice rink, after she had put the skates on, going on the ice ever so gracefully, she began too skate wonderfully. In fact, she skated so wonderfully and gracefully she pretty much got everyone's attention, but she paid no attention for she was caught in her own little world. Kagome leapt in the air making a triple twist in the air, landing gracefully as if defying gravity. After she was done, gliding to a halt in the middle of the rink and making a finishing pose. Once she noticed people staring at her in amazement and shock, she blushed furiously, then noticing someone unusual staring at her. Kagome slowly skated her way to the man with a questioning look on her pretty face, why was she drawn to him? She didn't know. But something was strange about him, it's as if she was pulled right into him, turning them into one being. The man smiled at her in a friendly gesture, inside she was jumping happily up and down, but she returned his smile.
 
“Would you mind showing me another skating performance?” the man asked.
 
He had long silver hair down to his waist, his golden orbs were dancing with emotions, he wore a red sleeveless shirt and black pants, his skin, slightly tanned. Plus he had a red hat on. How could she say no? Kagome blushed, looking at the time, she still had another 15 minutes, so why not? She looked at him and smiled, nodding her head once, she made her way back to the middle of the rink, drawing even more attention. Kagome slowly lowered her head, playing in her mind was a soft song, slowly she skated to it, her loose baby blue skirt that stopped above her knees, swayed the opposite way of where she headed. Her matching white shirt pretty much did the same. Once the song picked up the pace, so did she, becoming one with the music, she swayed to it, faster, ignoring the others watching her. Once she was done she made her way back to the man who had a smile on his gorgeous face, holding something behind his back. Kagome smiled at him but she was also blushing.
 
“What have you got there?” she asked.
 
“Something for a pretty girl like you” he said pulling a single white rose from behind his back.
 
Kagome blushed more, but looked in the man's eyes, she accepted the white rose, bowed and gave her thanks. She skated back and off the ice. Slowly removing the skates, she handed the skates and the money needed to the man behind the counter. Once Kagome was done with that, she walked to her things, after putting her shoes back on, still holding the rose. She picked up her things and carried them in one hand while carrying the rose in the other. Kagome walked out the mall and to her magnectic blue Latio Sport (5 door hatchback), taking her keys out, opening the truck and putting the presents lightly in there, still smiling to herself. Lightly shutting the door to the truck, she made her way the driver's door, pressing a button on the automatic unlocking thing(forgot the name of it).
 
Kagome opened the door, hopping in the driver's seat, making herself comfortable. Shutting the driver's door, she stared at the white rose for a moment, smiling at it as if it would smile back towards her. Lightly, Kagome set it on the passenger's seat, pulling her seat belt on, putting the key in the ignition(I think that's what you call it @.@) turning on the engine, putting it on reverse, backing it up slowly, then putting it on drive. Kagome drove home happily, strangely she couldn't get her mind off the man she met at the mall. His smile, his hair, his eyes, oh, his eyes...... They're beautiful. Once she got home, she took off her seatbelt on, got out, not forgetting the white rose the man gave her, got the presents and locked her car. She walked up the shrine steps, thinking to herself.
 
~&~&~&~&~
 
“Would you mind showing me another skating performance?” the man asked.
 
He had long silver hair down to his waist, his golden orbs were dancing with emotions, he wore a red sleeveless shirt and black pants, his skin, slightly tanned. Plus he had a red hat on. How could she say no? Kagome blushed, looking at the time, she still had another 15 minutes, so why not? She looked at him and smiled, nodding her head once, she made her way back to the middle of the rink, drawing even more attention. Kagome slowly lowered her head, playing in her mind was a soft song, slowly she skated to it, her loose baby blue skirt that stopped above her knees, swayed the opposite way of where she headed. Her matching white shirt pretty much did the same. Once the song picked up the pace, so did she, becoming one with the music, she swayed to it, faster, ignoring the others watching her. Once she was done she made her way back to the man who had a smile on his gorgeous face, holding something behind his back. Kagome smiled at him but she was also blushing.
 
“What have you got there?” she asked.
 
“Something for a pretty girl like you” he said pulling a single white rose from behind his back.
 
~&~&~&~&~
 
Kagome blushed at the thought, but her happy thoughts were interrupted by none other than....... Her brother. She ran upstairs to her room, with the presents and the white rose. She hid the presents in her closet, still holding the rose, she couldn't get her mind off him. Kagome couldn't help it, she ran back downstairs, ran out of the house, running back to the mall, holding the rose in her left hand. She ran for a good 10 minutes, finally she made it, but she was panting. Slowly making her way back inside, heart pounding through her chest because she rushed her way here. Kagome rented a pair of skates for an hour, she made her way on the ice, little did she know two pair of golden orbs watched her from a table not far from the ice rink.
While Kagome skated gracefully, the same man that had given her the white rose went and rented himself a black pair of skates. Putting them on, he went onto the ice, watching Kagome skate, until she saw him and forgot she was on the ice, coming to a halt, her legs shaked a little causing her to almost fall on her butt. Luckily for her, the man caught her, his arms around her waist, with his knees slightly kneeled. Kagome looked at him, blushing a lot while he smiled down at her.
 
“You should be more careful” he told her.
 
She blushed slightly but smiled anyway.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Youkai Tsume: Okay, this is the end of this chapter. True that it is short but at least it's good. Now then, what will happen from here? What will Kagome do? Will the man fall for her as well? Or has he already fallen for her? Tune in next time, on Winter Wonderland!