InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Without a Lullaby ❯ Missing ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*Important A/n: This will be your only warning. There will be mention of violence and  near-rape in this chapter. If you are faint of these things, do not read.
 
Chapter V: Missing

 
“M'lord, M'lord!!” Jaken's rushed attentions caused Sesshomaru to dive out of his thoughts back to the waking world. Sesshomaru was most displeased he was being disturbed, yet again, after explicitly telling Jaken not to bother him. But Sesshomaru allowed his servant to speak... the urgency in Jaken's voice, and the scent of fear that had told Sesshomaru of Jaken's arrival long before he had entered his master's chambers were enough to convince him it were a matter of importance. He knew Jaken was terrified to even imply questioning or defying his lord in all matters, unless it was a matter of life or death.

Or Rin, he thought sarodonically, but did not comment outwardly on his ward.

“M'lord, the ningen is gone! She has disappeared!”

Agitated, Sesshomaru sat upright in his chair and demanded, “Rin? When?”

Jaken shook his head nervously, “Not that ningen, the other one! Inuyasha's wench!”

Sesshomaru stood up calmly, and commanded Jaken to leave. There was something feral flashing in his Lord's eyes, something he did not want to receive the brunt end of, so he hurried to do his Lord's bidding.

No sooner had he shut the door than had he heard the undistinguished sound of breaking wood.

Much quicker than he had anticipated, his lord opened the door and slammed it shut.

Jaken lowered his head a bit, trying to minimize his appearance in the presence of his Lord's wrath.

Yet another problem caused by this ningen girl, only at the hands of himself to clean up.

“When?”

Jaken looked up at his master in confusion, as if asking 'when what?' But the answer clicked quickly in his frantic mind due to the impulse to please his Lord, and he stammered out, “This m-morning when I was to retrieve her from her chambers for breakfast... she wasn't there...”

Sesshomaru stood up. That was little less than twenty minutes ago.

She couldn't have gone far.

What he was clueless was as how she left. She was on the third story of the castle, and the door was locked...

“How did she escape, Jaken?”

Jaken lowered his head in defeat, “Her window was open and the sheets were used as a makeshift rope.”

Sesshomaru stifled a growl, closing his eyes and grimacing as a warrior's hand came up to massage his temple in an unusual show of aggravation..

His expensive imported sheets from the mainland? Those were a large trade... she just insisted on disrespecting everything he owned.

But that was the least of his vexes.

She had defied him.

Again.

He disappeared from sight, and Jaken looked around in confusion, calling out, “M-M'lord?”

But he was already long gone.

~~~*~~~


Kagome shoved at the branches, tears streaking down her face in frustration and hatred that everything was just going wrong for her. Was there no mercy left on her side?! Were the Kamis out specifically to see how thoroughly and totally they could destroy what little of her she had left inside her, what little of her she still retained?

She kicked at the brush, trying to get it out of the way, but it was no use. The thicket was thorny and scratched at her bear legs, ripping at her clothes, and tangling in her hair. It seemed as if everything was against her, blocking her from moving forward-whether it be emotionally, physically, or mentally.

And whether that obstacle be lingering sorrow, a bush, or one Sesshomaru to mention.

At the thought of the ice-hearted bastard, the fight within her renewed, her fevor to get away from him and get back to the friends she cared for, that cared for her growing. It was such a stupid mistake to leave them behind, to think she was protecting them from something.

Only from my own stupidity. She wiped at the snot running down her face, trying her best to untangle her hair from the shrubs in fury. "GO!" she was pleading, desperate, just for something to give way. So much so she vocalized her desperation.

She struggled harder, causing the rips in her clothes to become a bit worse, biting into her skin and scratching her up something wicked.

She had no idea where she was.

She had no weapons, no extra clothing, and no food.

All she had were the Shikon no Kakera and herself.

As she finally forced her way through the underbrush, she attempted to comb out the tangles in her hair. She dusted herself off, trying to right her tattered clothing as best she could. She half-heartedly lifted up her skirt, her last fuku from when she was in Junior High... tears welled in her eyes, the last bit memory she had clung to from the times she had spent with Inuyasha almost ruined beyond repair.

The burning in her throat was unbearable as the sobs racked her tiny frame, staring down at her ruined clothing she had no way of replacing anymore.

It was almost like watching Inuyasha die all over again.

I miss you so much...

She didn't have any business wearing the uniform now that she was in high school anyway, but it didn't matter. She had been gone so long that she doubted she would be able to catch up anymore. She could hardly remember the last time she had been home.

The tears dripped down her cheeks and fell onto the backs of her hands, sliding down to her palms. It was like watching her own ruin, pieces of herself fall away. She was so infatuated with her own physical unravelling that she didn't take notice of her surroundings when she should have.

Distantly there was a snap and her head lifted up to give attention, then she heard a quick whirring that should have been so very familiar if she had a clearer mind. But she was so lost in thought about her own unfortunate circumstances she failed to catch the noise.

And it became painfully familiar the minute she realized she felt a pain shoot up her leg as she tripped and fell to the ground. Looking down, an arrow was lodged into her thigh and blood was dripping down her leg. Fortunately, it had not gone all the way through or it might have hit a major vein... but unfortunately, that meant she had to pull it out the rough way.

In morbid fascination her shaking hands barely brushed the shaft of the arrow. White hot pain burst behind her eyes, pain that barely registered before, but it was the shock of the sudden attack.

I was attacked.

The thought took presedence in her mind.

She wasn't interested in correcting her situation right then, for she felt alarm bells go off in her head as she began to become terrified. This wasn't a missed shot. It was too precise. Someone had aimed at her...

And that someone came through the underbrush, grinning maliciously...

A bandit...

Her cerulean eyes widened in fear, as she backed up a bit. He wasn't going to have a nice chit-chat.

He's going to hurt me...

That fact was as true to her as the sky was blue.

The bandit was stilling holding his bow in his hand as he crouched before her, staring at her up and down. His eyes took her form in, and lust filled his eyes.

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no... why did I leave? WHY?

“What `ave we `ere? A fuckin' `hore in a skimpy kimono? Nah, that can't be jus it!”

He was still grinning toothy, getting right to work and shoving a hand against her crotch through her panties.

“You feel all too nice t'be a fuckin' `hore.”

She tried to scream, but her voice wouldn't work through her unshakable fear. And even if she wasn't scared shitless, she still couldn't have screamed if she wanted to because he threatened her before she had a chance to take initiative.

He dropped his bow, pulling out his dagger and shoving it against her throat, “Y'dare fuckin' scream and I'll `ave yer throat, got it?”

She nodded, closing her eyes tightly as he ripped off her skirt and panties.

Still smiling that damn smile, she felt him carve down her stomach with the knife... She was crying hard, choking on the pain.

“Oi, slut, take'a'look at what I did.” He was grinning, and when she looked down she saw kanji.

It read: “Yokama raped the slut.”

He was grinning, staring at her cruelly, “This is so y'can `member me always, fuckin' slut.”

She shut her eyes tightly, but she felt a warm blade against her cheek. “'ey! Y'look at me when I'mma fuck you, bitch!”

She tried to shut him out. She tried. It wasn't working. She tried.

She tried to think of the times Inuyasha would help her, tried to drown out the feel of his slimy hands on her body with the kind roughness of Inuyasha's.

The times she found herself in trouble and he was there like some rebellious angel to protect her.

Shut up and let me protect you already!

His voice was ringing through her head.

This man didn't stop and wait. He wasn't kind and gentle with her.

He smacked her and roughed her up so bad she was afraid her face might as well have been one huge bruise.

She tried to keep her eyes open.

She really did.

And every time she closed them because of the pain, he sliced her one. Whether it was along her face, her neck, her breast through her shirt, he didn't care. Whatever caught his fancy.

She happened to close her eyes by accident once, and her body tightened up, expecting a cut...

But it never came.

She opened her eyes to find a headless corpse above her.

Mortified, she struggled to back up, the tattered remains of her shirt and bra getting lost beneath her. They were nothing but remnants at that point... and did not do any justice whatsoever to cover her...

She desperately tried to cover up her bleeding lower half in instinctual horror. Her tattered skirt and her barely there panties. Her battered body she was so ashamed of now, sickened by, defiled, the words that had been carved into her flesh that she had no way to remove. She wanted to peel her skin inside out in abject terror of the thought of it scarring her for life, of what did happen to her and nearly happened to her.

Behind the corpse that she had kicked away in trauma, stood a tall figure. Silver hair and shining gold eyes captured her fuzzy vision before she began to sink.

Inuyasha...

Blackness consumed her, and she wanted nothing more than to die at that moment and be content enough to let hell take her soul for that would have been heaven compared to what she felt then.

She just wanted to get lost in the warm embrace of the one she loved the most...

And she knew inside her shredded soul that would never come to be again.

 
 
 
 
 
Converting /tmp/php7Bb2Kt to /dev/stdout