InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Without a Lullaby ❯ The Voice Within ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/n: Another chapter… like I said, we're getting closer to the end.
 
I'm so happy this story has been as successful as it has been. Though it pales in comparison to say, Inugrrl's stories… by goddess, she is an awesome author, but I can not say I do not love my own works. I am proud of this, though at times I was worried it was not what I wanted. But as things went on, and time increased… and I had faith in my own story line, and did not change it one bit… it came out so wonderfully…
 
I'm sorry, I'm warning you guys, I'm going to get mushy with you. So if you want to skip over to just read the chapter, I can not blame you.
 
I won't be overly mushy, and I'll keep quiet about a lot of things I want to say and won't spill my heart out here… But… I did want to say many times many people have said things it gave me such happiness I wanted to cry. That people were there with me, people felt what I was trying to say gave me such reassurance in my own ability to tell a story.
 
Telling stories means a lot to me, because I feel that my writing has matured because I have matured.
 
I never plan out my chapters before hand, they always flow out. And that makes it come more from the heart, I think.
 
And that is what makes an amazing author, to me… someone who knows how to say what they feel through their words and stories, somehow they give out a piece of themselves. Keep that in mind, for everyone who reads and never writes.
 
People who are serious about what they write (not saying that every author isn't…), they lay themselves out for all to see and are putting themselves at risk of rejection publicly.
 
And though you can't see their faces, it still cuts to the core when after you lay your heart out, someone turns around and says all it is is crap.
 
Keep that in mind when you review… don't be overly harsh. You don't have to agree with it, but remember they are baring themselves to you, those who try their hardest to give you something worthy of your attention.
 
Anyway, enough said.
 
And Kinoko, I have another note for you at the end.
 
You remind me of Madoise, and the words you pull from me are far too much indeed. ^_^
 
 
Love you guys,
 
Luna-
 
 
Chapter XXVI: The Voice Within
 
 
Kagome felt the tears spring to her eyes mercilessly as she try to steady her shaking hands to aim correctly. “Sango, watch out!”
 
The arrow shot forth, and the bow hit her arm too late at the arrow purified the demon right after it cut her down.
 
They had been ambushed.
 
They had waited too long to search out for the shards… waited too long to continue their journey properly…
 
And now they were paying dearly for it.
 
“KAZANAA!”
 
Miroku unleashed the ferocity of his wind tunnel, shaming any tempest that would try to best it. Though the saimyoshou were present… he didn't care…
 
Anything to protect his dearest Sango.
 
“SANGO!” Kagome cried out, attempting to rush to her side. Where is Sesshomaru when you need him…?
 
Demon after demon was purified, but there seemed to be no end to them. And Sango seemed so close… yet so far away… So very far.
 
Miroku mirrored her attempts, but it seemed to be in vain.
 
Kagome couldn't think of anything else to do. She felt as if it were hopeless.
 
“SESSHOMARU! Onegai! SESSHOMARU!”
 
She screamed out him name as if he were an unworldly savior that had come to bring rapture to her soul. Or to save Sango's…
 
Which wasn't very far from the truth.
 
Within seconds everything happened so quickly.
 
Miroku wrapped up his Kazanaa, falling unconscious from the poisons produced by the saimyoshou. Kagome sensed Sesshomaru behind her, and as she made the fatal mistake of turning around to see her life mate she felt a hand pass right through her stomach.
 
Slowly… her eyes went wide as blood poured over her delicate lips. She was still looking toward Sesshomaru, who had a look of absolute horror grace his features. Never before had he ever given such a blatant display of emotion before her… never in her wildest dreams had she imagined, even now, that he'd give her that sort of honor…
 
Gently, Kagome felt herself falling to her knees… her world was slipping into darkness…
 
Her head was so heavy… so very heavy… but she could not give in. Not yet. Not until she knew who did this to her…
 
And a pair of blood red eyes greeted her before she felt herself fall to the earthen floor like a weight.
 
The pain was so great it wasn't even there anymore.
 
And as she finally gave in to sleep, she felt her head fall to the side to glance at Sesshomaru one last time.
 
Don't give in Kagome…
 
What ever you do… don't give up…
 
…Golden eyes…
 
It's not your time yet.
 
…Sun kissed skin…
 
And though I'd give anything to have you back in my arms, you belong to another now… and you need to go back…
 
…Those ears that twitched ever so slightly in concern, the sun glinting off the fine hairs that made them look silver…
 
…Go home to Sesshomaru, Kagome.
 
“But… I want to stay…”
 
…K'gome…
 
The same way he choked on her name.
 
…You need to go home…
 
“…I love you…”
 
…I… love you too…
 
And she softly smiled… “I'm sorry, but I love him… now, too…”
 
And she saw him back up… turn around, and walk away… once again forever out of her life…
 
But this time, she was okay with it.
 
Because she knew, no matter what, as long as she was alive with Sesshomaru she'd still be home. And nothing could ever take that away from her.
 
Ever.
 
 
A/n: I know it's horribly, horribly short. But realize one thing, this chapter was very important.
 
For some reason… or another. Oh well. See you next chapter!