InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Without a Lullaby ❯ Revenge ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/n: Squeaker replied! Yay! Anyway, here's a chapter guys. Sorry about the wait.
 
 
Chapter XXVIII: Revenge
 
Sesshomaru raced ahead and grabbed Kagome roughly around the waist. She quickly set about thrashing, beating her tiny fists on his hand in such a rage that he was surprised.
 
He had never seen her so furious in all the years he had known of her.
 
“PUT ME DOWN!” she shrieked, intent on revenge… And Sesshomaru would have none of it.
 
“Be still!”
 
“DO IT!”
 
“Be still, I said!”
 
But Kagome wouldn't listen. She continued on hysterically, fighting the overwhelming grief she had with pure anger. The adrenaline kept her going, and she was ready to tear down the world to have her friends back.
 
“I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!”
 
“Kagome…” Sesshomaru began in a threatening tone, starting to worry she would hurt herself if she continued on this way.
 
She stilled herself slowly, but it something… seemed to be building in her. And Sesshomaru wasn't quite sure what that was until it hit him.
 
“I said… put.me.down.NOW!”
 
A blinding flash of light, and Sesshomaru was thrown from her being. In the opposite direction she landed, painfully colliding on her side. Her world flashed for a moment, before going in to black and fading back to color again.
 
As she opened her eyes, her vision was blurry and everything was painfully bright. Groaning, she rolled on her side and came face to face with an irate Sesshomaru.
 
“Wench.”
 
Kagome glared.
 
“I'm going to annihilate him…”
 
“With pleasure… but first, we need to plan.”
 
Kagome arched a brow slowly at him, her face flushing with impatient morbidity. “Tell me, then, what do you suggest?”
 
Sesshomaru stared at her as if it were obvious. “Be strategic in our counter attack.”
 
Kagome sat up painfully, grabbing her head to save herself from the mind-blowing migraine that had been the very reason she had sobered up so quickly. “Baka no! Do you think I didn't think you meant that?!”
 
She heard a growl grace her ears again, as Sesshomaru lifted himself from the ground as well. She heard him attempt to stifle a pained gasp, and she turned her head to notice he gripped his head in a similar fashion to her.
 
She watched as his eyes flashed red at her for a moment, and he growled, “I wonder at times how I decided it was a decent idea to accept you as a mate.”
 
Kagome grinned wryly, finding she herself wondered that also… yet, despite the fact it wasn't a picture-perfect romance… she found herself unwilling to change anything they had in any aspect. She loved him… all of him, for who he was, despite everything that had happened over the years.
 
“I agree…”
 
Kagome shifted, the slightest bit of movement causing a wave of nausea to wash over her. Whimpering, she whispered to Sesshomaru, “Remind me never to allow my miko powers to explode like that on you, ever… ever again…”
 
Sesshomaru nodded wearily, as if in agreement all too much, and muttered, “You cause me a headache…”
 
“Likewise.”
 
A moment of thoughtful silence occurred and Kagome found herself stifling tears again as she asked ever so softly, “…what should we do…?”
 
Sesshomaru sighed, looking over to his mate… however trying, however testing… he knew he would follow through with her to the end of time.
 
He gave her a hard stare for only a moment, before replying sternly, “Listen, and listen carefully… I have an idea, but I know this will perhaps only work once…”
 
Kagome nodded, willing to do whatever it took to get back what she held so sacred…
 
Naraku had gone too far, taken too much.
 
And now it was time to return the favor.
 
Now it was time to show him loss, and she could only hope it would work.
 
A/n: Short chapter, horrible cliffy, and lots of love for you guys. I somewhat ran into a dead end, trying to figure out how I'd make this work… and I have some idea now, so bear with me. I think I have a plan…
 
(I swear.)
 
Luna- <3