InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Without a Lullaby ❯ Without a Lullaby ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/n: WE MADE IT! Huge thanks to everyone who reviewed!! THANK YOU! You guys are the best! This has been my most successful fanfiction, even though my first review said they really hated it… LOL! That's so funny. I love this story. I love you guys. It's been a good journey. And here, we shall depart with fond memories.
 
Your admiring author,
 
White Luna-
 
Epilogue: Without a Lullaby
 
 
Sesshomaru glared down at his son that currently tugged on his hair… InuYorishiro. He thought it was somewhat ingenious of Kagome to think of such an honorable name for their first son. It meant `dog divine spirit'.
 
But he was as fiery as Kagome was, and he ignored the looks Sesshomaru gave him just as well.
 
Kagome laughed at Sesshomaru's sour face, one she was sure he didn't realize he was making, and rubbed her somewhat swollen stomach. “Come here, Sesshomaru, and put him down.”
 
InuYorishiro cooed at the sound of his mother's soft voice, and didn't protest as he was put down in the small crib. He just grabbed his toes and laughed, contented to be by himself.
 
Sesshomaru made his way over to his mate, growling softly at her luscious form. Pregnancy suited her…
 
The curve of her hips swelled, her breasts became enlarged with milk… her cheeks flushed prettily, and her lips were swollen.
 
And though she had just had her boy, who was barely under a year, they were expecting their second come spring.
 
Kagome laughed, knowing the look in his eyes.
 
Sesshomaru slid on to the bed next to her, grinning gently. “You know, I didn't quite think you meant to bear all of them as our children.”
 
Kagome's eyes twinkled mischievously. “I couldn't help it, when I knew the distress you'd be in when we had six pups.”
 
Sesshomaru sighed slightly, his head was starting to pound. He didn't mind her fathering them, but two was going to be quite enough for him.
 
Kagome saw his exasperation and sighed, “I was only joking. I didn't meant it that way either… it just kind of happened.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded, looking down at her.
 
She was damned gorgeous…. Kami.
 
And he asserted this thought as he bent down to kiss her, sliding his tongue through her teeth. She groaned, as he sliced his way up her yakata, removing it gently to the side. Groaning into his mouth, she allowed him to touch her… feel her, fill her up. As he pumped her, he rememorized every curve and remembered why… why he loved filling her so. How well she accommodated him, to this day… three years later. His beautiful young mate…
 
He released inside her, sighing softly as he moved on to her side, careful not to hurt her in her tender state. She watched him and her felt it, returning the gaze quietly.
 
He was happy how far she had come since Naraku… remembered how disappointed she was when he could not revive Sango, Miroku, and Shippo… how she cried when she heard of Kohaku and Kouga… He knew her wish was selfless, and that was why he could not revive the original three…
 
Though he revived the old lady, Kaede, and the rest of her village… and life returned to normal for them.
 
A year and a half later, a happy Rin was excited to hear of her Nee-san's pregnancy. Again, under a year later, her Nee-san was again pregnant.
 
Sesshomaru buried his face into his mate's hair, and sighed contentedly.
 
Kagome smiled at the open display of affection, despite the fact they were alone.
 
“…sing it for me again, Kagome.”
 
“What? Again?”
 
Sesshomaru nipped at her neck. “Yes. You only sing it to the child anymore…”
 
Kagome sighed, “That is because it is more like a lullaby than anything. Lullabies are for children.”
 
Sesshomaru growled…
 
“If it wasn't for that song, we wouldn't be here now.”
 
Kagome blinked, frowning a bit. Sure, it was true, but he was just being pouty… If anything Sesshomaru does COULD be considered pouty…
 
After a moment, she gave in, “All right, fine. I know you're right, without that stupid lullaby we wouldn't be here… but still.”
 
Sesshomaru sat up and looked at her, “But still nothing. Sing.”
 
Kagome gave him an evil glare as she opened her mouth and sang in that angelic voice Sesshomaru so loved to hear.
 
He laid back down, happier than he could remember… and for the first time in ages, Sesshomaru… Lord of the Western Lands… fell asleep to an angel singing in the middle of the afternoon since he was a child.
 
 
 
 
~*Owari*~