InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yes Master ❯ Of Course ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yes, Master.

Note: You want proof that I'm insane. Here it is. I got this idea in the shower of all places. I get bored easy and the shower is an easy place for me to get bored. Wash here. Wash there. SCRUB there. All so repetitive. Through a little Jaken in the mix and well…you get sick. After I stopped throwing up, I thought of a story idea for the poor misused soul. Well, here yah go. ENJOY!! Inuyasha is not mine, damn, I burst my own bubble.

Of Course

" `Ren needs a bath. Didn't I tell you to take her for a walk? JAKEN! She should at least be able to speak now.' Jaken this. Jaken that. Always Jaken," the lesser demon mockingly complained as he hung some of Ren's clothes out to dry. "I never get any appreciation or respect." He continued on as he shook a small dress out. "And my master is so heartless. Sure he saved that stupid little girl but that was just a test. Always a test." He whined on and on…and on. "I just don't get it. He's a stunning powerful man. Yet he acts as a female repellent. You'd think in these five hund-" CRACK!

He was cut short by a rock slamming into his already battered skull. "Female repellent, huh?" The soft voice came from behind the frightened and dazed little toad.

Jaken was horrified to see his master perched upon a rock nearby. His soft flowing white hair entangled just a bit by the wind. He tossed another fair sized rock in his perfect hands as his eyes narrowed at his little green servant.

The toad fell to his knees and begged rather pathetically. "Forgive me Lord Sesshomaru. It was just the mindless ramblings of an idiot not worthy of your presence." The great lord threw the remaining rock at the pathetic creature intentionally missing by a fine hair. A small grin of amusement split across the finely detailed face but it faded into the utmost serious frown.

"I have business to attend in other realms. Business that neither you nor Ren are to be involved in. Naraku may be a powerful ally but he is a far more powerful enemy and his puppets are getting annoyingly close. I wish to deal with them before they heighten my anger. We are close to the one called Kaeda's village. My brother probably smells us all but he shouldn't be a problem with me away. Ren is nestled in the bushes asleep. So long as you don't let her stray closer to that fool or his idiot comrades there shouldn't be a quandary. Understand?" The demon stared at his subordinate looking for the immediate answer.

"Of course great one! But…how long are you to be gone?" The servant asked the master.

"That's none of your concern," the master answered the servant.

"Of course! But…" Jaken rang his hands nervously.

"But?" Sesshomaru glared at the pest.

"…But how will I know when to expect you're save arrival!?" The small idiot finished with triumph.

"You'll know," and with that the greater of the two was gone.

The toad mumbled and gathered himself from the ground half expecting another rock to knock him back down. But none came. He sighed and made his way to the aforementioned bushes. Just as his master had said, the small girl was bundled in a blanket within the shrub.

He found himself suddenly tired and leaned himself and his staff against the bush. He assumed his closeness to the bush would alert him if Ren stirred. He assumed he would awaken with her. With that, he fell fast asleep. He assumed wrong.

When Ren awoke, she stretched and yawned silently. She looked about for the Fluffy that took care of her. He was nowhere around. But the little green thing was. He was asleep by her bush. She had the urge to hit him with a rock as the Fluffy was accustomed to doing. But the thought crossed her mind to explore and with green thing asleep and the Fluffy away, now was the perfect time to do so.

She quietly uncurled herself from her blanket and slipped from the bush bed. She paid no heed to the twig entangled in her hair and trudged off looking for adventure.

Soon she came across a small clearing. There was a well in the middle. This excited her. She thought of the wonderful bugs that could be wandering around there. With a smile she began to step towards the appealing object but almost immediately she heard a noise and in dismay she dove back to the bushes.

A lady burst through the surrounding woods. "I'm going home Inuyasha and that's final! I can't miss this exam. It'll only be a couple of days," the lady with the pretty hair said.

"Yeah! And what if we need you in those couple of days? What if we are forced to go jewel hunting on our own? What then?" The crazy white haired man said. Ren itched her nose and wondered why he looked so much like the Fluffy.

"Then the more power to yah," the pretty haired lady snapped and sat on the edge of the well.

The white haired Fluffy double turned away from her and pouted. Ren snickered. The Fluffy never did anything like that. With that the pretty haired lady jumped carelessly into the well but something small and shiny caught Ren's eye. It had fallen from the lady when she jumped. The Fluffy double stormed off into the wood allowing Ren to come from hiding.

She went cautiously toward the edge of the well. She got on her knees and looked at the ground. Nothing. Parting the grass with her tiny hands, she looked harder. There! A pretty little stone. It even seemed to glow. The Fluffy will like this. She was about to turn away when she remembered the lady.

Slowly she leaned over the edge of the well. She peered down only to see nothing as she clutched the pretty stone in her fist.

"GET AWAY FROM THERE!!" Jaken's voice came from nowhere and she would of listened had she not tripped. She plummeted down the well. Her wide eyes watched as the ground got closer and closer, never letting go her pretty stone.

Before she could hit the ground the bottom of the well seemed to open up with darkness. Soon Ren was surrounded by it. While one hand clutched the pretty stone the other reached out for the Fluffy to catch her. It pulled her and pulled her until she hit the ground…hard.

Tears filled her eyes as she grabbed the nearest thing to her. The lady's leg. The lady looked down in surprise and was even more surprised to see a small girl sobbing against her leg.

"No! No! This isn't good. She wondered away. Then fell down the well. Master won't be happy," Jaken sobbed as he approached the well. He closed his eyes then stuck his head in the mouth of the well. Slowly opening his eyes, he prayed she hadn't fallen far. "AHHHHH!" He screeched when he saw no child splattered on the ground. "But how-"

"You! You toad creep! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING!?" Jaken thoughts were shattered as he spun around to come face to face with the demon exterminator's boomerang, the monk's staff, the fox's top, and his master's fool brother with the tetsaiga.

Note: Like? I do! Of course I'm not praising my own fic but it turned out well to me. More Jaken humor in next chap. Forgive me if it's a while. I'll do my best. THANK FOR READING! Oh, what's the name of Sango's boomerang-a-thingy? Two hundred points to nothing if you're the first tell me. BYE!