InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yes Master ❯ Keys To A Well ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Wow! Twenty-Nine visits in fewer than twelve hours! I hope you liked it. I wouldn't know because I only got one review. And uh…Lotus Lauren…thanks…I think. Oh well onto bigger better news. I have a new VCR that records and doesn't eat tapes. How cool is that. Well, I'm happy about it. No 200 points for any of you then…darn…now I haven't a clue. Boomerang will work I guess.

Keys To A Well

Kagome stared…and stared…and stared at the thing that had attached itself to her leg. More specifically who had grabbed hold and wouldn't let go. The child appeared to be an object of disarray despite attempts to keep her in array. She was small and…clingy.

Kagome had the urge to try to shake her off but quickly came to the realization that the kid had to have crossed the well. She remembered how frightening her first trip had been.

"Uh…little girl. It's all right. What's your name?" The mass attached to her leg didn't answer but instead looked up with tear wet eyes and a runny nose. "Can't you talk?" The girl stared and made no move to answer.

She had to take the kid back but Kagome quickly remembered how mad Inuyasha had been about her leaving and decided against it. But the kid's parents must be worried, she thought. "Um…where are your parent's?" The girl shook her head. "You don't know?" She shook it again. "You don't have any?" She nodded. Now we were getting somewhere. "Yes you don't have any?" She nodded again. Poor thing.

Kagome knew the girl had to go back but she felt sorry for her. "You hungry?" She nodded happily, a smile broadening across her face. "I'm pretty starved to. All right. Lets get some food." Kagome was satisfied as she lifted the girl to her back. Returning her would have to wait. What's the worst that could happen?

"Alright you frog reject! What are you doing near Kagome's well?" Inuyasha screamed as his blade got dangerously close to Jaken's neck.

"I…uh…uh…" Jaken stuttered for a minute then made a quick move to fry the companions with his two headed staff. But before they could so much as open their mouths (the heads I mean) Miroku had snatched it from his ugly green hand.

"You won't be needing that interesting object," the monk said with triumph.

"I'm getting annoyed with this slimy thing," Sango snapped.

"Well get rid of it. You're a demon exterminator," Miroku whipped back at her.

"Exactly. I don't do pest problems…AND GET YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM ME!"

WHAP! "I can't help it. A beauty such as yours radiates when the beholder is angered." The Monk rubbed his head and pouted blatantly.

"WOULD YOU TWO SHOVE IT?! Gees, want something done, you do it yourself." Inuyasha raised his sword high above his head and prepared to bring it crashing down. But quietly the monk placed his staff in Tetsaiga's way. "What…huh…HEY YOU STUPID PERV THIS IS NO TIME TO BE PLAYING GAMES!!!"

"My master, the Great Lord Sesshomaru, will not be pleased if you harm me!" Jaken said smugly. "He will surely come and take your life." The toad laughed.

"SHUT UP! Well, on your way to hell, you can tell my fury half-brother to BRING IT ON!" Once again Inuyasha moved to make the blow. And once again, Miroku blocked it. "What now?" he said, the red rising in his face.

"We still don't know why he was here. If you want to toast him so bad, then toast over the spit when we're done with." The monk remarked haughtily, amused by his own idea.

Inuyasha lowered his blade. Now interested.

"Forgive me for trespassing on your land. I meant no harm. I simply intended to find something of mine I had lost. Hee Hee." Jaken cried plaintively. "Please spare me!"

The companions wanted to laugh but before they even had the chance Jaken jumped into the well, hoping whatever trick Ren was able to pull he would be able to also. SLAM! The three looked over the side to see Jaken flattened on the bottom. Then they laughed.

An hour later Jaken was tied up and dangling on a rope from a limb of a tree in Kaede's village. Sango, Kaede, Inuyasha, and Miroku sat in a circle near by discussing what they "hadn't" gotten. Shippo had shape shifted into a Kirara look alike and the real Kirara nipped at the toad's feet just to annoy him.

"Ok," Inuyasha strode over to where the toad was hanging. "Here's the thing. We've decided if you don't tell us, we'll set on the ground where our two Kiraras can have a snack." He smiled while Jaken cringed.

"Alright. I lost a child down that well and I need a key so I can get her back!" The lesser demon yelled while wailing in pain because of one of the Kirara successful attempts to latch on completely to his toe."

"A CHILD!" The companion yelled in unison.

Ren sat at a table staring at a plate with strange food on it. She stared at the strange cup of something stranger. Finally she looked from the strange things and instead looked at the pretty lady again. She sat eating the same stuff but soon she looked up to face the girl. "Listen I know it's weird. But that white stuff is actually bread. That stuff in it is like crushed tomatoes although it looks like blood. Just…forget that. Um…the pink stuff is sliced turkey…basically meat…I think. Uh…the thin crispy things are potatoes. The can has a drink that's sweet, we call it soda. I would have given you some familiar noodles but mom must have forgot to shop. Mother's are a pain…but I'm glad to have mine."

The pretty lady was in mid bite of her sandwich when she looked up to see Ren's teary eyes and suddenly realized the error of her words. She felt awful but her concerned look turned to a grin when the child smiled wildly and began to eat the sandwich.

Note: Short…yes. Good…hopefully. If you don't like it, I'll put you in a room and make you watch Alien Resurrection over and over.

Ps: Any comments made in my fics in no way reflects what I feel when I'm sane. Example: I think Alien Resurrection is a movie good enough to watch half way through, cross your eyes, turn upside down and watch the rest while fast forwarding. Thank you, have a nice day.