InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Fairytale Greetings ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter XV ~ Fairytale Greetings


This is gonna be a long chapter, okay? And there's also gonna be some song selections: wait for the surprise. Enjoy!

_________________


Miroku was trapped in his room, working on his hair, face, clothes, shoes, anything that he felt needed improvement.

"Miroku!! What's taking you? We're gonna be late!" Kagome called to him, knocking on his door loudly. He was playing his rock music rather loudly; he wasn't able to hear her. She called again, louder this time. Still nothing.

Annoyed, she called to him, "Oh, wow! Japan's Most Gorgeous Models just came on!"

She heard loud clattering of different things as he clumsily answered the door, scrambling. He had a toothbrush in his mouth, with his hair half done, half not, all covered in hair gel. His shirt was on backwards, and he was still in his underwear.

"Seriously!? All right, I hope that Mayakara Hinara made the finals...!" He looked ecstatic until he saw his sister's face, which was her, "Ha-I-tricked-you-now-what-are-you-doing-you-idiot" look.

"You're lying." he said.

"You're annoying." she said, sighing.

"Yeah, well, sorry I'm taking so long, it's just that I have to make sure I look my best today! It's real important to me, and one of the most vital things I must --"

"You wanna ask Sango out to the dance, right?" she said, taking a wild guess.

"How'd you know!?" he asked, shocked.

"Don't I know everything?" she asked sarcastically.

"Haha, funny," he said, starting to straighten himself out. "Well, yeah. I wanna ask her out."

"Why? She's your girlfriend. I'm pretty sure that if you both wanted to go to the dance, then you should go together. Because that's kinda what couples do, right?"

"Yeah, but I just wanna look nice so that way she won't be bored. The last thing I'd want is for her to think that I'm only going with her to see other girls..."

"Well, you do have a tendency to pay some attention to other girls besides Sango." Kagome pointed out as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Gee, thanks for the confidence boost, Kags." he said sourly.

"Just hurry up and get ready so we can get going. I have a test today, and I don't want to be late," Kagome finished, and she walked away. Miroku took a deep sigh as he went back into his cave and got ready.

- - - - - - - - - -

When they arrived at the school, both Miroku and Kagome were surprised when they saw Sango. She was wearing a pink blouse with peach blossoms on it, a long blue skirt, and light pink high heel shoes. She was wearing amethyst earrings and a silver and purple pin in her hair. Kagome commented on how beautiful she looked, but Miroku was completely speechless.

"S-Sango...you're..." Miroku stammered, eyes wide with shock at her beauty. Sango blushed as she began to fidget under his gaping stare.

"Sango, you look so gorgeous today!" Kagome said. "Wow! Is there some kind of special occasion?" Nervously, she nodded. "For what?"

"Well...I want to go to the dance with Miroku, but I know how he can get sidetracked when he sees other pretty girls," she said, her eye twitching for a second with annoyment. At this, Miroku gulped hardly.

"And...well, I thought that if I could try and look nice for him, then he'd stop looking at other girls..." she finished, hiding her blush from her boyfriend and his sister.

Miroku's mouth fell wide open at her words. Before Kagome could answer for him, he sped past her and held her hands tight in his, looking deep into her eyes.

"I felt the same way! I tried so hard this morning to look really good for you, so that way you wouldn't get bored with me at the dance..."

"Oh, Miroku! You don't have to look good for me! I love you as you!" she said, flinging out to hug him tight.

"Thank you, my Sango. I say the same for you. You are all the more beautiful every time I see you..." he says, hugging her back. Kagome smiled heartily at the couple, happy for them.

Just then, a disgusted and surprised look came across Sango's face. She screamed as she backed away from Miroku and slapped him hard across the face. At this, Kagome sighed disappointedly.

"Miroku, you didn't...?"

"You filthy perv!" said Sango. She stomped away, and Miroku was left sulking in his pain. Kagome only shook her head.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you serious!?" Inuyasha asked, wide-eyed after Kagome had told him what happened. He suddenly burst out laughing. "Man, can that dude ever keep his hands in his pockets?"

"I wish..." Kagome said, sighing.

"Oh, hey, y'know what?" he said to her.

"Hmm?" she answered.

"My brother's gonna help chaperone the dance."

"Wow, really?"

"That's not all. He's gonna chaperone with Ms. Kazehara."

"Seriously? Wow, I heard they're supposed to get married soon." Kagome commented.

"Well, kinda. He's thinking of proposing to her soon." Inuyasha corrected.

Kagome smiled, liking the sound of the fact that his brother was in love. She had met him a couple of times; he was a quiet but refined man, as well as beautiful. She could imagine him in a black tuxedo and Ms. Kazehara in a gorgeous wedding dress. It made her mentally blush. And giggle.

"What's so funny?" Inuyasha asked. She shook her head in response. The boy sighed. Girls...

Kagome grinned. Then she thought if Inuyasha was going to the dance. She wouldn't ask him if he was going with someone, and definitely if he would like her going with him. Either way, she asked.

"I dunno," he admitted. "I can't say that I want to go...but I don't think it'd hurt too much...I'd like to hear the music they're gonna have. I heard that there's gonna be a great DJ coming..."

"Oh." was all Kagome said.

"Why do you ask?" he asked, curious.

"Just wondering," she quickly answered nervously.

"What about you?" he asked, looking at her skeptically.

"Me?" she fidgeted.

"Yeah. Do you want to go?"

"Well," she started. "I'm still not too sure. I've never been to one before. But it does sound nice to go, I guess. I wouldn't really mind going." she said truthfully.

"Oh." was all Inuyasha said.

They walked down the school hallway, both looking very uncomfortable as they tried to look at different things except each other.

- - - - - - - - - -

The night of the dance had finally come. The catering was inside the school gym, while the main events happened in the school courtyard. It was a clear night; the stars were out and twinkling, and it was also a full moon. Many couples came; it was not long till the courtyard was booming with conversation and excitement. Most of the chaperones were teachers; some of them even had dates of their own. It puzzled some of the students to see that teachers actually had a life outside of school.

A silver Chevrolet pulled up into the parking lot outside the front entrance. The first to come out was Sesshomaru, dressed in a tuxedo of black, glossy silk. He wore long black dress pants and shiny shoes to match. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail. He looked handsome beyond belief. He looked back into the car window.

"Come on, Inuyasha. You said you wanted to come, now come." he said.

"Quit talking to me like some kinda dog..." Inuyasha said as he too emerged from the car. He wore a glossy black tuxedo just like Sesshomaru's, with a red bow tie. He had his hands in his pockets as he looked at his brother annoyingly.

"Well, let's go then." Sesshomaru said.

"Yeah, we can't keep your fiancee waiting..." Inuyasha commented.

"What was that?"

"Nothing..."

As they both walked in, a red Jeep pulled into the school driveway. Emerging from it was Miroku and Sango. Miroku was dressed in an all-white tuxedo with a blue bow tie. Sango wore a long sleeveless purple dress that went down to her knees with violet high heels and her hair tied up in a bun.

"C'mon, Kags," Miroku called to the girl in the backseat.

"I feel silly..." she murmured, hiding herself from her brother and his girlfriend.

"Don't worry, Kagome; you look fine," Sango reassured.

"But..."

"No buts, Kags. Now c'mon, please?" Miroku pleaded. With a surrending sigh, Kagome came out of the car, following the older couple to the courtyard.

- - - - - - - - - -

The dance was overflowing with activity. Boys were goofing with boys, girls were gossiping with girls, and both were socializing and dancing to the music. The chaperones were pretty much busy with setting the limit of closeness of young couples slow dancing or stopping those who were about to kiss in public, and even catching those trying to in private.

As Inuyasha had predicted, Sesshomaru was with Kagura. He was looking quite happy, actually. Surprisingly, and extremely shockingly, Inuyasha was kind of glad to see his brother this way. He considered it a better improvement of his "snobby" personality.

The boy looked around. It was practically the same way he had predicted it would be. But it was quite lively, and sounds of pure enjoyment erupted from every corner. At this, it lifted his attitude a bit. The beat of the music was also rather contagious; Inuyasha began to tap his foot at the infectious rhythm.

Many others were there. Kouga was there, dressed in a handsome tuxedo, his jacket hanging over his shoulder while he talked with his buddies. Kikyo was there as well, wearing a sleeveless magenta gown that went down to her feet, hiding her glittering red shoes, and was also wearing a little bit too much makeup. Her black hair was tied in a high ponytail. She was also chatting with her friends. Looking away, she happened to spot Inuyasha, and grinned mischievously, admiring his appearance.

Then, Inuyasha looked to one part of the courtyard and froze, his eyes wide. Kikyo looked in the same direction and her brow furrowed deeply at what she saw. Kouga's eyes were also wandering, and he happened to see the same thing.

Damn. Inuyasha was locked in place at what he saw. Miroku, Sango and Kagome had just arrived. The older two looked excited, while Kagome seemed nervous. The boy couldn't tear his eyes from her. She wore a light pink dress that went down to halfway below her knees with small white flowers decorated. There was a rose pink shawl that sheltered her shoulders from the chilled air. She also wore shiny white tap shoes. There were delicate cherry blossoms that tied some of her hair back, while the rest flowed down the small of her back in a river of ebony. Hanging clearly around her neck and collarbone was her Shikon necklace. Her nervous pink blush made her all the more appealing. The dress hugged her body beautifully, showing off her perfect curves. Inuyasha only gaped at her, drinking in her pure, untouched beauty. She looked around anxiously, all the while hugging herself closer, feeling tremendously uncomfortable with all of the people she saw and any mistake she was afraid of making in front of them all.

While looking around, Kagome was trapped still in Inuyasha's gaze once she had found it.

She couldn't help but blush even darker at his appearance; she had never seen anyone look more handsome. His suit made him appear as if his body was wrapped in gorgeous, silky darkness. His silver mane was untied; running down his back in liquid moonlight. His golden eyes locked with her chocolate brown ones, both practically frozen in another state, like time had stopped. After what had seemed like an eternity, Inuyasha's feet lifted from the ground, heading towards the angel he had found.

But before he could, he was stopped dead in his tracks when a snobby buttheaded whoopsie (AKA Kikyo) halted him, keeping him from going any further.

"Uh, Kikyo," he stammered, surprised to see her, especially right in front of him so quickly.

"Hello, Inu-puppy. You look delicious tonight," she cooed, her fingers skimming his chest, admiring the softness.

"Uhh, thanks...?" he replied uncomfortably.

"And...?" she said.

"And?" he repeated.

"Don't you think I look yummy, too?" she asked, whipping her ponytail seductively.

"Uhh, sure...?" he responded, looking away.

Meanwhile, Kagome was just about to head towards Inuyasha to greet him before she was interrupted by Kouga stopping in front of her.

"Hey, Kagome." he said, grinning at her.

"Um, hi, Kouga," she said nervously.

"My God, you look gorgeous," he commented, closely examining her. "So...you alone?"

"I...guess so," she said, hoping he wouldn't ask that question, since it was very hard for her to lie.

"Well then, looks like I came just in time. Worry not, my fair damsel, your Superman has come for you." Kouga said, picking her hand up gently and kissing it. Kagome's nerves quivered increasingly as his cold lips pressed against her skin.

"Umm...uh..." she fidgeted, looking around for Inuyasha to come and help her.

At that moment, Miroku and Sango had spotted Kagome's awkward situation.

"Isn't that the captain of the boy's basketball team, Ookamibaka Kouga?" Sango asked.

"Yeah," Miroku answered, "but what's he doing with Kagome? It doesn't look like she's enjoying his company," He noticed how she looked extremely anxious around him.

"Maybe we should help her," suggested Sango.

"Yeah, but how?" Miroku asked her. They both thought for a few minutes. Sango looked over to see Inuyasha hanging around one of the more popular sophomores, Ikijigoku Kikyo, and almost immediately, an idea had sprung into her head.

"I've got it!" And she told Miroku her plan.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miroku watched Inuyasha and Kikyo from a fair distance, with his cell phone out.

"Sango," he said into the phone, "you ready?"

"Yeah," she answered, watching Kagome and Kouga. "Let's begin Operation: Chicken Run!" she said.

Right at that, Miroku walked up to Inuyasha, tapping him on the shoulder, distracting him from the disturbing female in front of him.

"Hey, Miroku; what's up?" Inuyasha asked, also mouthing a very grateful "thank you."

"Look; I lost my sunglasses somewhere; could you help me find them?" he asked, secretly winking his eye at him. Almost immediately, Inuyasha agreed and they both ran off from Kikyo, who was just standing there, dumbfounded. She was about to go after them until a thought struck her.

'Why the hell would someone bring sunglasses to a night dance...?'

- - - - - - - - - -

Sango walked up to Kagome, tapping her on her shoulder.

"Hi, Sango! Is something wrong? Where's Miroku?" she asked, mouthing a "thank you very much" to her for giving her the opportunity to not listen to the boy in front of her.

"He had to go to the bathroom; say Kagome, can you help me? I dropped my house keys somewhere around here; could you help me find them?" she asked.

Kagome quickly nodded her head, and said bye to Kouga before walking off with Sango. Kouga just stood there, surprised and confused.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miroku told Inuyasha to wait in the mens' bathroom, and Sango told Kagome to stay in the womens'. After departing, they both got on their cell phones simultaneously.

"Demon Slayer reporting. Objective One successful." she said, speaking like a secret spy. "How did you fare, Monk of the Letchers?"

"Why'd you have to give me that codename, Sango?" Miroku asked, sulking.

"Because before we started, you were feeling me up again," she replied, irritated at the memory.

"Well, anyway, I'm good. Alright, ready for the next step?"

"Yeah. Let's begin with Objective Two. Demon Slayer, over and out."

"Monk of the Letchers, copy that...." he said in a sulking voice.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miroku walked up to Kikyo, who was sitting around bored, looking for Inuyasha. He then explained to her that Inuyasha was getting annoyed at all of the people around, and was planning to hang around in the utility closet outside of the cafeteria in a few minutes. Because of her thick head, Kikyo, giddy to be alone with him, headed straight for the closet, waiting there for him.

Sango, afterwards, walked up to Kouga, who was waiting around, annoyed for Kagome to come back. She told him that Kagome was helping her find her house keys until a giant praying mantis had hopped on her arm and scared the wits out of her, and that now she was hiding in the utility closet inside the school, wanting someone to comfort her. Kouga gullibly believed her and headed for the same closet.

When he opened the door and stepped inside, it was pitch black and he could not even see his own hand in front of his hand. Just then, he felt a girl come up and press herself against him. Almost drooling with ectasy, he embraced her tightly, his hand moving down further and further. He growled seductively as he felt her hand stroke his back in circles. He then took his hand and took her chin, leaning forward and kissing her deeply. It grew deeper and deeper as their tongues swirled and danced around each other in a battle for dominance. This continued for a few minutes until the door was abruptly opened by a boy and his girl.

"Whoa, sorry!" he said, breaking in on their intimate situation. "We didn't know this closet was taken." and they walked away, leaving the door open. With the light from the hallway lights filtering in, both were able to see whom they were enjoying so much pleasure with. Their eyes went wide as they realized who it was, and both backed away from each other, speechless as they realized they were sucking face with the wrong person. They were about to scream at each other, ask why the other was there, and comment that they had no idea they were kissing each other, they stared at each other with insane amazement. Suddenly, both their eyes were struck with lust. Jumping at each other, they embraced tightly, kissing feverishly again, as Kouga shut the door.

Me's no going any further with this...

- - - - - - - - - -

It was then that Inuyasha and Kagome were brought out of hiding, and met up in the courtyard, away from Kouga and Kikyo. Though both were glad to be rid of the two, they were even more glad to see each other.

"Inuyasha, am I glad to see you! I was in the most awkward situation," Kagome commented, taking a deep breath of relief.

"Ditto," Inuyasha replied, scratching his head from mental exhaustion. Then, out of the blue, he asked, "Are you okay, though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. And yourself?"

"Surprisingly, I'll survive."

"Amazing, isn't it?" she asked, realizing the sudden humor of the situation. Inuyasha nodded, and they both started laughing. When it ceased, the DJ began playing a lifting rock and roll song. Kagome's face brightened as she recognized it.

Makes Me Happy By Drake Bell

Hello, let's go
Everybody must know
Love's in my heart, like a bomb
It's blowing this song, inside I'm singin'
Sunshine that you're bringin down
And it makes me happy

"Oh, I love this song!" Kagome proclaimed.

"Then don't just stand there; move a bit!" Inuyasha boasted, suddenly excited from the song playing. And with that, they both began dancing to the music.

Listen to the radio
Play it back in stereo
Sounds like my favorite song
I'm holdin' along, my head is ringin'
I just can't stop singin' now
'Cause it makes me happy
It makes me happy

Miroku and Sango watched as Inuyasha and Kagome danced to the infectious rhythm of the song. It warmed their hearts to see them having such a good time. It was too clear to them that they obviously belonged together. Just then, Miroku grabbed Sango's hand and guided her to the action, both of them rocking to the beat.

You're everything I need
Handed from above
I can't get enough
Of your love
'Cause it makes me happy
It makes me happy

Inuyasha and Kagome had just happened to spot Sesshomaru dancing with Kagura, and both just stared at them and at each other, dumbfounded. But they both just started laughing again, realizing how awkwardly Sesshomaru was dancing, and both just kept doing what they were doing.

Livin' in a daydream
I'll show you what it all means
Spendin' some time in the sun
Let's get up and run
It's just beginnin'
I just can't stop singin' now
'Cause it makes me happy

Like a fantasy
That you'll never find
Right in front of me
All the time
And it makes me happy

Just then, all of the chaperones began coming on to the dance floor, shaking any part of them in sync with the beat. Most of the kids moved away from them, since they didn't want to be around them while they were dancing so...unusually.

I want it all, but not too much
I wanna feel the way you touch me
I'm the kinda guy who's
Always there
To come and find you...

At this point, everyone was rocking to the music that boomed through every corner, enjoying the energy that manifested itself. Everyone was laughing and singing and cheering at the sound, relishing in the rhythm.

Save the rainy days
For another time
I'm just here to say
Read between the lines
I'm so glad that you're mine
'Cause she makes me happy
You make me wanna sing

As the song faded, the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. As the energy died down, the chaperones suddenly realized the situation when it was over, and went back to their positions as if nothing had ever happened.

"Gosh, that was fun!" Kagome said, catching her breath.

"I know, right?" Inuyasha agreed, wiping a small sheet of sweat from his brow.

Just then, a gentle ballad began to play, and Kagome fell in love with it almost immediately. Inuyasha noticed, and a little voice deep in his head started screaming at him to take a chance at this. He kept telling it to shut up, but it just got louder and louder until he just couldn't take it anymore. Besides...it wouldn't kill him, right? Sure, maybe take away his dignity and make him look like a sissy right in front of his brother, and give all others a chance to mock him for life...but it wouldn't kill him, right? Anyway, he did want her to have a good time. It was her first dance, after all...

Facing her towards him, he grunted quietly enough for her not to hear, and slowly, almost regretfully, offered his hand to hers.

"....Wanna dance?" he asked nervously, too stubborn to even look her in the eye, praying to God that he wouldn't lose his self-respect.

Kagome's eyes widened a bit at his gesture, her face flushing a bit. Licking her lips and breathing deeply, she lifted her hand for his to take, and he guided her to the dance floor.

Your Love, My Home By Joshua Payne

Home
The only place I know
Where the heart
The heart finds healing

And the night is cold and dark
Come just as you are
Home, your memory calls me home

Inuyasha gently placed his hand on her waist while he held her other, taking a deep breath to try and relieve his uneasiness. Kagome nervously lifted her hand to rest on his shoulder, keeping her hand firmly but gently in Inuyasha's. And when they both were ready, they began to dance.

Where I'm resting in your arms
It humbles me to know
No matter where I go
There will always be a place for me at home

They followed each other; step by step in sync with the music. Inuyasha seemed to know a thing or two about this type of dancing, and Kagome followed him the best he could. She proved to be quite swift, and kept up with him in a steady pace. She was impressed and greatly admired Inuyasha's graceful movements, amazed at all of the things he could do that she sometimes never thought was possible.

And somewhere in the night
I call your name
And somewhere in the night
Love answers me

I will never let you go
You will never know
And I'd alone
I will make your love my home

Inuyasha couldn't help but admire how graceful Kagome was at slowdancing. Of course, she proved to be talented in a lot of subjects; he figured this one must not be any different. He was shocked himself that he knew how to slowdance; his brother had made him take lessons when he was in the 8th grade. Those two and a half weeks were the scariest experience of my life, he thought, mentally shuddering. But still, he couldn't help but enjoy this moment. To be here like this with a person like Kagome; maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

Lost
In a dream for something more
I found you
Were all I needed

You are the strength of us
Without you, I'd be lost
There will never be another place like home

It wasn't until deep into the song that both of them were mostly locked in each other's gazes. Kagome felt hopelessly lost in his polished amber eyes, fearing and yet hoping that she would never find way back to the real world. And yet...he was her world. He was her anything, and her everything. It was as if her very existence was in his hands now; her heart his to freely do with as he wished. But she didn't mind. She would've gladly given it to him; nothing in exchange. But she wished dearly that he would love her as much as she loved him. But part of her doubted that; she figured there would never be a time where she would affect his life just as much as his affected hers.

And somewhere in the night
I call your name
And somewhere in the night
Love answers me

I will never let you go
You will never know
And I'd alone
I will make your love my home

Everything was instantly forgotten to Inuyasha as he kept gazes with Kagome. He had suddenly realized how much of a hold on his heart she had come to have. Her face, eyes, laugh, voice, smile...he found himself in growing need for these with each passing day. It was as if God had blessed him with this young angel whom had almost no clue of how special she was. He had met many cruel, mocking and judging people whom have made him see naught but the evil that had plagued the world. But seeing her; a pure smile and a warm, open heart; it helped him believe in miracles again. Yes, Kagome was his miracle. And he vowed then and there that he would take care of her and protect her with his life, and even gladly giving it to her.

My road is long and I am weak
But through the rain I see
The light that leads me home

Not realizing what she was doing, but following her heart's ever-growing desire, Kagome closed the gap between them by resting her head against Inuyasha's chest, smiling warmly as she felt his warmth splash against her cheek.

Inuyasha mentally gasped at her actions, but in a split second found it comforting to have her so close to him, where she had apparently always been. He rested his head on top of her's as they continued to move with the ballad. Kagome could barely hear it anymore, however; she was mostly listening to the soothing, rhythmic lullaby of Inuyasha's heartbeat. Closing his eyes, Inuyasha sighed inaudibly but contently as he was truly taking joy in this moment, not wanting to trade it for anything else in the world.

She was so close to him; and he hoped that she would stay that way.

And somewhere in the night
I call your name
And somewhere in the night
Love answers me

I will never let you go
You will never know
And I'd alone
I will make your love...

Home.

______________________________

Tell me this wasn't a good chapter! I know it WAS! I really enjoyed writing this; even though it took me about four hours. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, and please look forward to the next chapter

-silverfeather