InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You were tiny ❯ You were tiny ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You were tiny….

Chapter 4

When Inuyasha climbed out of the well on the other side, he ran all the way to Keade's hut in the village. As he entered the hut, he set Kagome onto her feet but kept his arm wrapped around her waist when she gripped him hard, indicating another contraction.

Quietly walking through the main room as to not awaken Miroku and Sango just yet, Inuyasha led Kagome down the small hall to where there was an empty room. Helping Kagome lay down on the futon, Inuyasha made sure she was comfortable before leaving to fetch the Old Miko.

Closing the door behind him, Inuyasha crossed the hall to where Keade's room was. Knocking softly, Inuyasha waited until he heard her call to enter. Keade sat up in bed and lit a candle that was on a small table next to her. It surprised her to see a human Inuyasha standing before her in the dead of night.

"Inuyasha. What brings you to me at the late in the night?" Keade asked as she got out of bed. But before Inuyasha was able to give Keade an answer, they both heard Kagome cry out in pain.

Inuyasha was at Kagome's side in a heartbeat. Keade, on the other hand took her time walking to the room that Kagome was in. She now knew why they were here so late into the night. Smiling to herself, she dressed and began to gathered different items she would be needing in order for a successful birth.

By the time Keade had gotten everything together, Miroku, Sango and Shippou were gathered around Kagome's bed. Inuyasha was seated on the right side of Kagome, holding her hand and trying to comfort her as best he could. Sango was on the other side of Kagome, with a wet rag on her forehead. Miroku was at the foot of the bed with Shippou on his shoulder.

"Miroku, Shippou, it is time for you to leave the room now. I'll send Sango out when the baby is born." Keade said as she moved herself to kneel in front of Kagome. Once Miroku had closed the door, Keade pulled up the blanket up that was coving Kagome's lower half and gently spread opened her legs.

"Kagome, when I tell you, I need you to push ok child?" Kagome nodded her head as her panting started to quicken. Sango bathed her forehead more with the cloth rag as Kagome began to sweat more.

Inuyasha on the other hand, was a bit surprised at the strength in Kagome's grip on his hand. Gently though, he squeezed back to help reassure her that he was still beside her. He was also thanking Kami, that for once in his life he was thankful for being human at the moment. Kagome was yelling up something bad and his human ears were ringing.

"Ok Kagome, I need you to push with everything you have. Concentrate on pushing your baby out." Keade said.

Outside, Miroku and Shippou were sitting against a near by tree as they waited to hear the news of the newborn. Shippou was restless as his demon hearing could pick up Kagome's painful screams. But with some reassurance from Miroku that everything was going ok so far, so Shippou sat on Miroku's shoulder and patiently waited as best he could for the arrival of his baby brother or sister.

As dawn approached the village, Inuyasha felt the old tingle going down his spine that indicated that his transformation back into his hanyou form was starting. Shaking his headto clear it when it had finished, he leaned down, kissed Kagome's forehead and continued talking to her with words of encouragement. He had to pin down his cute fuzzy ears to his head at her yelling, but he some how knew that this was all going to be worth it in the end.

***

A couple of hours later after dawn's first light, Inuyasha opened the hut door and bayed Miroku and Shippou to come in. Shippou immediately jumped from Miroku's shoulder and ran for the hut entrance. Unfortunately, Inuyasha caught the Kit by his tail and shook his head. Placing the fox-cub onto his shoulder, Mirko and Inuyasha went back into the room where Kagome and his new pup laid. Just as they entered the room, Keade excused herself and headed back to her room for some well-deserved rest.

Inuyasha went straight to Kagome's side and kissed her soft lips. Leaning closer to her ear, he whispered to her.

"Thank you for bringing in our pup to this world." Kissing her temple, Inuyasha gently picked up his newborn pup from Kagome's breast, which whimpered at the loss contact. Sitting himself onto the floor beside Kagome, he called Shippou over as well as the others.

"Shippou, meet your new little sister, Savina." Shippou approached carefully to Inuyasha and peered into the newborns eyes. Smiling at what he saw, Shippou placed a small kiss to the pup's forehead and back way.

"She looks just like you Inuyasha." Shippou said. Hopping to Kagome's side, Shippou gave her a kiss on the cheek. Yawning widely, Shippou curled himself up on her left side and fell asleep.

Curious himself at what Shippou had just said, Miroku approached slowly to chance a peek. He to was in awe as he looked at Inuyasha's new daughter. She had every thing that he had. Only she is demon. He doubted that she would change like her Father does, but no one really knows for sure though.

"Miroku, let's get back to bed. I think the new family needs to rest now." Nodding his head, Miroku followed Sango out of the room and closed the door.

Inuyasha slowly got up from the floor and slipped into bed next to Kagome. Placing the pup between the two of them, he leaned over and softly kissed his already sleeping mate. He didn't blame her. He could feel the same tiredness on him as well. Once he was sure the pup was situated, Inuyasha fell into a light sleep.

***

As soon as Savina had finished suckling at Kagome's breast, Inuyasha took his daughter into his arms and wrapped her in a small blanket. It was chilly outside that morning, and he had promised that today would be the day that they would present Kagome's mother, Sota and her Grandfather their new Granddaughter/niece. As soon as Kagome had dressed and had her pack on, they left Keade's hut for the well.

As soon as they stepped out side, Inuyasha scooped Kagome onto his back and together the little family made their was to the old well. All to soon Inuyasha had jumped into the well and out again. Setting Kagome onto her feet, she took his hand into her small one, and they head up the well house stairs and out of the well house into the crisp morning air.

"Mama…..I'm home." Called out Kagome as they through the back door of the house. Kagome's Grandfather was the first to greet them as he came into the kitchen. He wore a sad smile on his face as he spook to Kagome.

"Go to your Mother child. She is in her room at the moment." Not one to question her Grandfather, Kagome went straight to her Mothers room. Upon opening the door, Kagome saw her Mother sitting in her bed. As Mrs. Higurashi looked up, Kagome saw that her Mothers eyes were red and puffy.

Kagome rushed to her and hugged her tightly. And in turn Mrs. Higurashi hugged her tightly back as she cried into her daughters shoulder. Kagome didn't need to know the reason as to why her Mother was sobbing on her shoulder, she already knew.

(Flashback)

"Kagome dear, I'm home." Called out Mrs. Higurashi as she set down the grocery bags. Kagome came into the kitchen just as her Mother had asked her to get the remaining bags out of the car. Normally Sota would be doing this because Inuyasha had told Kagome not to lift anything during her pregnancy, but since he was still at school Kagome did as she was asked. Besides, most of what her Mother got was for Kagome anyways. Being pregnant with a demon baby required her to eat a lot. And since she was finally at her end, it had only gotten worse, but Inuyasha kept reassuring that everything was normal.

As Kagome unloaded the bags the phone rang. Picking it up and greeting them, the person on the other end asked for her Mother. Passing the phone to her Mother, Kagome left the kitchen for the living to lay down for a bit to rest. Inuyasha wouldn't be back for her till that evening to take her back.

Just as Kagome had gotten situated on the couch, she her Mother cry out and a clatter on the kitchen floor indicated that she had dropped the phone. Rushing into the kitchen, Kagome found her Mother kneeling on the floor with tears streaming donwing her cheeks.

"Kagome……your Father is at the hospital right now. He was just involved in a serious car accident……" She trailed off as she bowed her chin to her chest. "They don't expect him to survive…." Kagome knelt down to her Mothers level and wrapped her arms around her neck.

After a few moments, Kagome helped her Mother to her feet. Picking up her Mothers purse that was still on the counter, she led them back outside to the car. After seeing her Mother in, Kagome drove them to the hospital, where, unknown to Kagome and her Mother, Mr. Higurashi had already passed away from his injuries.

(End of Flashback)

Pulling away from her Mother, Kagome retrieved a box of tissues. After seeing her Mother finally start to pull herself together, Kagome helped her up. Smiling brightly at her Mother, Kagome took her hand and led her to the living room where her mate and newborn daughter were. Inuyasha and Kagome's Grandfather looked up from the bundle of blankets in Inuyasha's arms

"Mama, we have some one we want to introduce you to." Kagome said in a quiet voice as she took the newborn from Inuyasha's arms and placed Savina into her Grandmothers arms.

"Mama……this is Savina." Mrs. Higurashi eyes filled with tears again, but this time it wasn't due to the loss of her husband, but for the fact that she was now a Grandmother.

"Mama, bring Savina and follow me to the Drawing room."

In a few minuets, everyone had gathered into the Drawing room. Kagome went to the desk drawer and pulled out a manila folder. Sitting herself onto the piano bench, Kagome set the music sheet up and began to play a melody. After a couple of notes, Kagome began to sing the words.

~*~

Roses whisper "good night"

Beneath silvery light,

Asleep in the dew

They hide from our view;

When the dawn peepeth through

God will wake them, and you

Slumber sweetly my dear,

For angels are near

To watch over you

The silent night through

And to bear you above

To dreamland of love.

~*~

When Kagome ended, she turned around with the music sheet in her hand. Wiping her eyes with a tissue, she stood up.

"Can you feel it Mama…..he's here right now. You were right when you said when ever I play his presence will always fill the room……It was him who inspired me to write this Mama. This is my first composed piece of music….."

Taking Savian into her arms, Kagome began to read from the back of her sheet of music.

`To my precious daughter,

I dedicate the piece of music to you on behalf of your Grandfather, who, without his teaching to me of the piano, I could not have written this for you now. I hope and pray that as you grow, you will enjoy the music of this magnificent instrument as much as I have. And then one day, I will teach you all I know as your Grandfather had done with me.'

All of the room was quiet when Kagome finished reading and she could tell all eyes were still on her as she continued to look at the music sheet. Placing it back into its folder, she laid it back onto the desk. Silently vowing to herself to that she would insure her daughter's involvement with the piano no matter what, she kissed her daughters forehead as if to seal that vow.

(The End)