InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Your Smile ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I own nothing! Nothing I tell you, NOTHING!
Song: You (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Characters: Inuyasha
Parings: SessRin
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Anata wa ima doko denai moshite imasuka?
Kono sora no tsuzuku basho ni imasuka?
 
The group had stopped to rest for a few moments. Inuyasha usually pouted the entire time they were `wasting precious Shikon Shard hunting time' but he had his mouth stuffed with ramen, so he was one happy hanyou.
 
“You need anything Rin?” Kagome asked the younger female. Rin turned her attention to the twenty-four year old.
 
“I am fine.” She assured Kagome. It had been a year since Naraku's death, since his death. Ever since then, she had been welcomed into their group. All of them had open arms, even Inuyasha.
 
Ima mamade watashi no kokoro wo umetei ta mono
Ushinate hajimete kitsuita
Konani mo watashi wo sasete kurete ita koto
Konani mo egao wo kurete ita koto
 
Kagome wasn't buying it. “You know, we are all friends. If anything is bothering you, you can tell us.” She pressed.
 
“Speak for yourself!” Inuyasha yelled from across the camp. He was immediately pummeled into the ground.
 
Sit!” Kagome screeched angrily. Even though Inuyasha was pretending to be an obnoxious, self-centered hanyou, he was just trying to brighten the mood with a little joke. Rin knew this and giggled softly to herself.
 
The seventeen year old was free from her time-traveling friend's concern. She let out a tongue-curling yawn, deciding to run through her memories. She thought about the good times she had when she was younger and would play with Jaken and Sesshomaru. She remembered the moment she found out that she had fallen in love with the taiyoukai. The girl also remembered how he would give her smiles. The smiles that were reserved for only her. Her favorite memory had to be the time she had fallen ill and Sesshomaru had stayed up the entire night to care for her. He had cradled her in his arms, keeping her warm with his body heat. A tear slid down her soft, pale cheek as she remembered the first time he kissed her. He had always been gentle with her.
 
Ushinate shima tada isshou wo
Todetsu nodaku o wo kisuite toki modo sou wo to hishiini, demo-
Nobashite mo gaku keredo; naru de kaze no yo wo ni suri rukede todoki sou wo de todoka nai
Kodoku to setsudou ni mune wo shimtesu kenune
Kokoro ga toware sou ni naru keredo
Omoi nani nokoru anata no egao nouga watashi wo itsumo hageba shitekureru
 
The fight with Naraku had been harsh. Sesshomaru, Kouga, Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and even Kikyou had fought long and hard. They were winning, until Naraku had knocked Kouga and Miroku unconscious. He then spotted Rin hiding behind a few trees. He had shot a tentacle her way, but she jumped out of her hiding spot just in time for it to crash into trees. He sent another one at her while she was down, but Sesshomaru had shielded Rin and got impaled in the process.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru!” She had screamed with tears racing down her cheeks.
 
He simply pulled the purple tentacle from his chest, ignoring the gaping hole he possessed. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru then lunged at Naraku at the same time as Kagura finally showed up with Naraku's heart, holding it out so the two mikos could shoot their arrows into it. The two brothers had just hit Naraku as his heart shattered into thousands pieces. Naraku screamed with rage, giving one last blow to the silver haired duo before he collapsed. The golden eyes boys flew backwards, Inuyasha, who hit a tree, suffered serious wounds and fell unconscious while Sesshomaru hit the ground hard.
 
Mo ishido ano koro ni modorou
Kouno wa kito dai djoubu
Itsumo sobare wa datte ijou wo
Anata ta mo suru sobade
 
Rin immediately raced to Sesshomaru's side, seizing him in her arms tightly. “Please… stay…” She whispered as her tears dripped onto Sesshomaru's face. His eyes opened slowly and weakly brought his hand up to brush her brunette hair out of her face. He gave her the smile that he always beamed her way, stroking her soft cheek. He let his hand drop as he closed his eyes.
No!” She screamed as she buried her face in his soft hair and sobbed into the silky tresses.
 
Anata wa ima doko denai moshite imasuka?
Kono sora no tsuzuku basho ni imasuka?
Itsumo no yori egao de itekuru masuka?
Ima wa tada sore wo negai tsuzukeru
 
The light breeze picked up her long brown hair as she stared up into the clouds. Her soft smile widened as she saw a cloud morph into a familiar shape. Sesshomaru's cloud-face smiled down at Rin as she waved lightly.
 
“Anata wa ima doko denai moshite imasuka? Kono sora no tsuzuku basho ni imasuka?” Rin sung softly as she got up to join her friends.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~Sesshomaru~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: Sooo… that was my first fully-intentioned oneshot. Did you like it? Review please!
 
English translation of the song:
 
What are you doing now, at what place?
Are you at a place where this sky continues into?
I lost that which has buried my heart until now
And noticed it for the first time
The fact that you had been supporting me this much
The fact that you had been giving me smiles this much
The price of having lost it is way too preposterously great
And I desperately reach out my hands and struggle to recover it, but-
It slips by just like the wind; it looks like I'll reach it but I don't
My chest is tightened by loneliness and despair
And my heart seems to break
But your smile that remains in my memories
Always encourages me
Let's return to that time again
I'm sure that we'll be all right this time
I'll always laugh by your side
Right by your side…
What are you doing now, at what place?
Are you at a place where this sky continues into?
Will you be there with a smile like always?
Now I simply keep wishing for that
What are you doing now, at what place?
Are you at a place where this sky continues into?
(also the part Rin sang at the end)