InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yours and forever Yours ❯ The only Chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What's going to happen to us?” A teary-eyed 15-year old girl asked. “I wish I knew, Kagome.” A 15-year old silver haired boy answered. He wiped the tears away with his hands, and softly kissed her nose. “Don't cry, it hurts me to see you cry like this, I'll always love you Kagome, you have to know that.” “I don't want you to leave, how am I suppose to know if you will come back, Inuyasha?” Kagome said, the tears were stopping now. “Because I will, and that's a promise, and you know I would never break my promises, especially if it's for you.” Inuyasha whispered softly. “I got to go now, I can hear mom calling.” “I love you.” Kagome said she hugged him. “I love you more, oh one more thing, promise you'll wait for me.” Inuyasha said. Pulling away from her embrace and held her face so she was staring directly into his golden eyes. “I'll be waiting here, when you come back for me, I promise with all my heart.” Kagome said, her eyes got watery again. Inuyasha kissed her on the cheek and left.
~
~
~
-1 year later-
“Will you come to the dance with me Kagome?” a light brown haired boy asked her, he was quite handsome, but looked very naïve. “No Hojo, I told you not a dozen times already, I will never go out with you or go to any dances with you.” Kagome answered calmly. Hojo was mad, probably for the first time too, “It's because of Inuyasha isn't it, HE LEFT YOU KAGOME, I WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU, the stupid hanyou is probably off kissing another girl.” BAM, 2 hands and one leg went out to hit him, one slapped him hard, across the face, one was a punch, and another was a good kick in the balls. “He didn't leave me on his freewill you gayass, so get that through your thick head, and NEVER EVER CALL INUYASHA A STUPID HANYOU, he may be a half-demon, but he's a lot greater than you'll ever be.” Kagome screamed, with that she walked away. Her bestfriends, Sango and Miroku stayed for a little though, she wasn't done with this basterd yet, Inuyasha was their friend too. “Don't you ever say anything about him, and if you ask Kagome out one more time, we'll cut your winny little dick off and suffocate u with it.” Sango threatened. Even Miroku looked pissed, and he's the reasonable one in the group. He pulled Hojo up by his collar and said in his coldest voice ever, “If you pick trouble for us again, I swear you will not live to get a driver license. Hojo was pale; he probably pissed his pants too. He got threatened by probably the most popular group in school, he should seriously consider transferring school.
~
~
~
- 2 years passed-
Streamers and balloons were all over the place, a banner saying, “Happy 18th Kagome” was put up. Today was Kagome's sweet sixteen (obviously), her friends planned and secret party for her, right now, Sango took her on a “shopping trip.” While the rest of the gang got ready. It was not going well, Kouga ( A/N he came after Inuyasha left, so did Ayame and Shippou and Rin) had accidentally popped all the balloons. And had to go run to the nearest store to buy more. Shippou poured cranberry juice into coke, thinking that it might taste good, and well it turned out great actually, but then he pored lemon juice in there too. Rin was eating pretty much all the chips, insisting that it was just a tiny bit and she was hungry. Miroku and Ayame were the only one that's actually making progress. When Kouga came back, Miroku sent him on another errand to buy more soda and chips, then to keep those far away from Rin and Shippou. Finally, after 2 screaming phone calls from Sango saying that Kagome is pretty suspicious about all the weird excuses she made up, and her feet are sour, and 3 trips to the convenient store, the house was set up, and everyone hid. When Kagome opened the door carrying a lot of bags, they all screamed out, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAGOME!!!” She laughed, but silently wish Inuyasha was here. Sango bought her all the clothes she got at the mall. Miroku got her skimpy lingerie, and he got a good smack from both Sango and Kagome. Kouga and Ayame gave her a Starbucks gift card with 100USD in it. Rin gave her a big photo album filled with their pictures. Shippou, gave her a big hug. After 4 hours of fun and laughter, it was time for the party to end. “Remember we have a spa appointment tomorrow at noon” Rin reminded her. After everyone left, Kagome headed for the one place only her and the owner of her heart know. She sat on their special rock and for the first time since he left, she cried. “I miss you so much.” She cried. Are you coming back Inuyasha?” She asked the sky. “Today's my 18th birthday, I'm an adult now!, and I got accepted to Harvard, that was our goal remember?” “I wish you were here, going to Harvard without you wasn't what we planned, and it wouldn't be the same either.” She sighed, drying her tears with the sleeve of her shirt. Suddenly a clawed hand held up a tissue for her. She looked up and found herself looking at two golden orbs, and a familiar face. “I would never miss this day for the world.” He said. He held out his arms, and Kagome jumped into his welcoming embrace. Tears were rolling down her cheeks again, but his time they were happy tears. “You're back.” She said. She lifted up her face and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and deepened it. “I love you.” He whispered into her hair when they broke away from their kiss. Kagome stroked his hair. “I came here everyday and everyday I pray that you would be here.” She said softly. “I'm here now, and I'm not leaving you anymore I promise.” Inuyasha said and kissed her again. “I got my present for you.” He took out a large envelope. It was an acceptance into Harvard for him. “You're going, too.” Kagome whispered, holding the paper tightly, because it was all too good to be true and she didn't want it to suddenly disappear. “Yeah, I'm going, too” Inuyasha said, then smirked. “Can't let you be smarter than me can I?” Kagome laughed and punched him playfully on the arm.
~
~
~
-5 years later-
“Chill man, you're sweating, you don't want to propose like this, all sweaty and stinky.” Miroku said, patting his pal on the back. “I CAN'T HELP IT!!” Inuyasha said, almost screaming, he took out the ring box again, and opened it. It was pure white gold with a big diamond in the middle. He closed it again and put it into his pants pocket, he was going to propose to Kagome tonight when they go on their 5 years anniversary. They didn't count the time before Inuyasha left. Inuyasha had everything planned out perfectly, if he could only stop sweating.
~
~
~
-later that night-
“How do I look” Kagome asked grinning. She was dressed in a strapless forest green dress that reached her knees. Oblivious to her was that, the ring box was burning a hole in Inuyasha's pocket. “Beautiful.” He said, and smiled. He took her to her favorite restaurant. And after that he drove to their special place. They laid on the rock staring at the starlit sky. Suddenly Inuyasha stood up and started, “Kagome I've made my decision a long time ago.” Kagome sat up and asked, “What's going on Inuyasha?” He ignored her and continued. “The first time I met you, when we were only 6, it was the first day of first grade, you were the only one who wasn't scare or detest my hanyou features. You became my first friend.” Kagome nodded, remembering how bad the kids had teased him and threw rocks at him. “When we reached middle school, I found out I had a crush on you, and on Valentines Day I told you, I was so happy that you told me you felt the same way.” Inuyasha continued. Kagome thought back on that day, Inuyasha had given her 30 red roses before confessing, and smiled. Inuyasha swallowed and said, “I had to leave you to go fulfill my duty as the second heir of my father's company.” “That day was the worst day of my life.” “And when I got the chance to come back to you, I vowed that I would never leave your side again, and what I'm about to ask you may be something you don't want and you can tell me, because I will understand that you would never want to be with a worthless hanyou like me.” Kagome looked shocked at his words and was about to say something when Inuyasha interrupted her and continued. “If you do say no, know that I will still be by your side, whenever you need me.” He gulped and got down on his knees. “Will you marry me Kagome? I promise I will make you the happiest woman on Earth.” He held out his ring box. Kagome didn't even look at it and threw herself onto him. “You are not a worthless person. You are my Inuyasha, and I would change a thing about you. As for marrying you…hm….” Inuyasha face fell. “Of course I will marry you, you big dumbass!” Kagome exclaimed and kissed him. When they broke apart he held her close and whispered, “You wouldn't believe how happy I am that you're finally mine” Kagome looked up at him and said, “I'm yours and forever yours.”