Jem Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Rocket Star to the Moon ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Author's notes:
 
This is for those of you who didn't read the previous fic, and I'm still pretty much new to Jem… so just bare with me.
 
PROLOGUE
 
Jerrica, Kimber, Aja, Raya, and Shana… better known as Jem and the Holograms, one of the greatest rock-bands in the world, and it was all thanks to the power of Synergy. The holographic projection identity of the group…
 
Still, they also had a friend, who happened to be Kimber's idol rock-star, and whom they all loved like a little brother. That would be me, Mykan Rockman; the greatest solo keyboard player in the world, also known as the Mega Rock-Man.
 
I was the son of scientists who were searching for ways to tap into the hidden talents that all humans had. Anything you were good at, or would be good at one day; a talent you never knew you had, or would unleash someday… that had been trying to find ways to tap into it and unleash it quicker.
 
I was born to be a super solo rock-star, who would one day be able to play several keyboards at once, even with my toes with a lot of practice. If I had been tested on, then I would unlocked that talent sooner instead of having to practice for years like I really did…
 
However, the machines hadn't been properly tested, and there were many faults still a foot. As a baby, I was left unattended, and I crawled out of my buggy and into the machine… causing and accident exposure of gamma-radiation to alter my body chemistry as well as unleash the first signs of my talent.
 
The lab then exploded, killing my family, and I was the only survivor.
 
As time went by, I began to focus on my newly acquired talent and began to play the piano. Eventually expanding it to keyboards… however, I was in for quite a shock. The radiation that was injected into me had not only gave me special talents but…
 
Now, whenever I grew angry, outraged, or frightened… a startling metamorphosis occurred. I became an older, taller, more handsomer version of myself; The Mega Rock-man.
 
The Mega Rock-Man was no hologram, unlike Jem. He was a living breathing creature that lived inside me, and came out and took over at certain times. He was motivated by determination and kindness, but deep inside… the real me was shamed, and frightened, believing if people found out, I'd be labeled as a freak.
 
For years I struggled to keep the Mega Rock-man a secret. But it was no use, people found out and I was forced into seclusion. Then… I performed a concert at Morvania… where I met and fell in love with Kimber's look-alike, Princess Adriana.
 
Though I didn't know she was the princess at the time…
 
After I did, and she learned I was the Mega Rock-man the most amazing thing had happened, we found we could trust each other. She didn't mind if I was two bodies in one, and I didn't care if she was rich or poor. I cared about her, and she cared about me…
 
But then, we were caught, and separated. I became despondent with the world, and then decided to fake my death and disappear for a while, until I could find a way to control the mysterious spirit that dwelled within me.
 
Then, about four years later, I met Jem, and we became fats friends, because they were my favorite band. I even felt touched to know Kimber idolized me for my playing talents, and they too were told of my condition as Mega Rock-man.
 
We all performed a few concerts at Morvania, and subsequently had an adventure regarding the misfits blackmailing me, but in the end… all worked out. I was reunited with my long lost love, nobody thought I was a freak… and all was well.
 
So I live at the royal palace now, as Adriana's royal consort, whom I would one day marry; she was the heir to the throne, she made the rules.
 
Jem and I still kept in touch… and the grandest, most greatest, possibly dangerous, experience of our lives was soon about to commence.
 
(Alternate Jem theme)
 
Me and my friends are Jem girls
Jem! Jem is my name
Exciting adventure, fashion and fame
once you're a Jem girl, you're never the same
Come on, come on and be a Jem girl
Jem! Jem is my name.

Check out our friend
Rock-man! That is his name
Truly
one of us, straight to the end
Handsome, fortune and fame.
Exciting adventure,
danger and fame
once you friend a Jem girl
, you're never the same
Come on, come on and be a Jem
friend
Jem! Jem is our
name. (Jem!)