Jem Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Rocket Star to the Moon ❯ Invitation ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It all started a week ago when the girls had received a postcard from me, all the way from Morvania. I told the girls to come to Morvania as soon as they could because I had some incredibly exciting news that I wanted to share with them, and only them…
 
Rio was invited too, and today, the Jem private plane was touching down on the runway. Jerrica stretched out her arms, “I feel like I've been on this plane for years.” she said.
 
Aja flexed her neck, “I hear that… but I wonder just what Mykan called us way out here for.”
 
“Well, we'll soon know.” said Rio. He pointed out the window, and there was a limousine waited for the six of them, ready to take them to wherever it was…
 
As the limo pulled out into the city, a another car rolled round the corner and began to follow them… and aboard it was non other than that slime-ball, Eric Raymond. “So, Jem… what is it that you have to explain to Mr. Rockman?” he wondered.
 
 
About an hour later…
 
Morvaina sure had changed much, Kimber was just glad to be back, “It sure will be nice to see Mykan again… he hasn't called or written for such a while now.”
 
The others all felt the same, but they knew it was because over the past year I'd had been busy settling into my new life with Adriana at the palace. If I was to be the prince one day, I would have to learn all the things about royalty, and generosity, and all the things I never though possible…
 
Still… I was a rock-star as well, and I did perform concerts. I did send the girls a few emails and cards at times. Still… it wouldn't be long now.
 
Raya, however was gazing nervously out the back window. “What's the matter…?” Shana asked. Raya pointed out, “That car's been following us ever since we left the airport.”
 
Everyone could see she was right, every turn they made, that car followed them. That's when Shana noticed, “Say… we're miles out in the middle of nowhere.” There was nothing but vast desert and rocky-canyons. Now they all really wondered where they were going…
 
The soon got their answer as the limo had entered the “Morvania testing facility” a secluded place located away from the town so that no one would guess of the secrets and stuff cooking inside. “It doesn't make sense… why would Mykan ask us to come here?” asked Jerrica.
 
Sadly, nobody had a clue why. It wasn't until they parked inside and were escorted by two scientists. The facility was quite a place. Machines being tested, new items being built… just about everything.
 
Finally, the girls were directed to a special room, and there I was, but Kimber SCREAMED. There I was, sitting in a chair with a glass-bubble thing over my head, and another man raising a hammer to smack me.
 
The door, however, was locked, and nobody could get in, until Rio kicked it clear down just the man smashed the glass with the hammer-- and nothing happened. The glass didn't break, nor even did it get scratched… much to everyone's confusion.
 
That's when I finally turned round, “Hey there Holograms.” I said with a smile of glee. With relief in sight, hello hugs, and a handshake from Rio were extended, Kimber and Jerrica even pecked me on the cheeks. “Hey, cut it out.” I said while blushing.
 
The door was immediately repaired, “Sorry I did that…” Rio apologized, “Thought you were in trouble.”
 
I assured him there was no trouble at all, “Just testing out a new form of flexi-glass, and the test proved successful to withstand pressure. Which brings me to why I asked you all here.”
 
The girls realized that was what they wanted to know in the first place. “What's you're big news, Mykan?” Kimber asked.
 
I explained to the girls, that Morvaina had been in touch with the International Space program, they were planning to have someone perform the first rock-concert on The Moon, “And… they chose me!”
 
Aja gasped and muttered a few Asian words.
 
“No way, man…?” cried Shana.
 
“You're going to the moon?” asked Jerrica.
 
I nodded my head, and told them that Morvania's team of scientists and technicians were hard at work building a nuclear powered rocket that would take me, and a crew to the moon. Already for the past few months, other space programs had gone to the moon ahead to set up a stage and everything, with new state of the art equipment that could withstand the conditions of space.
 
“So, when are you leaving?” Rio asked.
 
I was silent for a second, “Well… first I want to be sure if I am going, which brings me to why I wanted you guys to come here.” I said. Everyone looked anxious, and then I told them all that I was willing to accept this mission, but only on the condition, “If Jem will share it with me.”
 
The girls were frozen with unexplainable feelings. “You want us… to go with you… to The Moon?” asked Kimber.
 
I nodded my head, “I owe you girls a lot for everything you helped me with before, and I can't think of any other way than asking you to share with me in being the first rock-band on The Moon.”
 
“And you too Rio…!”
 
Rio's eyes widened softly, “Me…? The Moon…?”
 
Nobody knew what to say or even think. This was all so sudden and so incredible. “Um… well Mykan?” Jerrica stuttered.
 
I held up my hand, “It's okay, it's just an offer.” I said, “None of you have to go if you don't want to… but this is a once in a lifetime thing, and I need you to answer me within the next few hours. So take your time and think about it.”
 
The girls and Rio needed a moment to think about, so I left them for a while… and to the girls, this was surely something out of the blue. “Just imagine…” said Kimber, “Us, the first rock-stars in space.”
 
“Gee…” cried Jerrica, “It's like a dream…”
 
(JEM AND THE HOLLOGRAMS, PLUS ONE)
 
“Like a Dream” STARLIGHT RECORDS
 
(Jem)
 
-(Like a Dream) I appear to you
(Like a Dream) That is comin true
(Like a Dream) I will lead you to a
place you've never seen before

-(Like a Dream) Where you're far from care
(Like a Dream) Music everywhere
(Like a Dream) Let me take you there and
show you new worlds to explore

Follow the sound of my voice,
I'll give you reason to rejoice

(Like a Dream) I appear to you
(Like a Dream) That is comin true
(Like a Dream) I will lead you to a
place you've never seen before
 
(Mykan)

-(Like a Dream) Where you're far from care
(Like a Dream) Music everywhere
(Like a Dream) Let me take you there and
show you new worlds to explore

Follow the sound of my voice,
I'll give you reason to rejoice

-(Like a Dream) Baby, come with me
(Like a Dream) Life will be
(Like a Dream) Mmmmm,
Like a Dream!
 
 
I came back to the room, “Well…?” I asked.
 
The girls had a lot of thought, and they all agreed, “We'll do it.” Jerrica said. “We voted and it was unanimous.” Even Rio agreed to come, though he wasn't sure he made the right choice, “But where Jerrica goes… I go.”
 
I smiled, and the girls and I came together for a big group hug. “Thank you girls… I promise you won't regret this.” I said to them, but I didn't realize that we were being monitored.
 
One of the scientists had been standing outside the door, with a little recording device in the pen in his front pocket. This man was a spy working for Eric, who had been following The Holograms in the car since they left the airport, but was denied entry into the base…
 
 
But Eric had heard everything, “Mykan Rockman…” he hissed, “So… no you seek stardom on the moon, eh? And Jem… you're involved too?” he sniggered wickedly, “Hmm, mm, mm…I think I have a plan to get rid of many bird with the same stone.”