Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Once More, With Feeling. ❯ In Love and Death ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
awoke on Nnys’ couch again, covered with the same blanket. This time however both Squee and Johnny stood over her, watching her with worried eyes. Johnny was the first to speak.

“You need to go to the hospital.” he said quickly, looking away- already figuring he knew what Sages’ reaction would be.

“WHAT?!” She screamed. “No. I’m fine, really. I am. We don’t need to go to the hospital. I was just… really hungry- I’m sure if I eat something, I’ll be fine.”

“No. you really need to go. Squee thinks-” Johnny stopped.

She looked at both of them. “Squee… Squee thinks what?” she swallowed dryly.
“I’m-m… not sure… but-t you might be… pregnant. We need to go get you
tested.” He said being very careful to look only at Nny and the floor close to his feet.

“What?” She choked out. “You mean…me? No, that can’t be.” She said sitting up and hugging her knee’s to her chest. She started rocking back and forth, as tears slid from her eyes.

Squee sat down beside her and started telling her that it was okay and that everything would be fine, they weren’t sure she was, but they did want to know incase something were to happen.

Johnny couldn’t stand it. He walked hurriedly into his room and shut the door behind him. Squee told him that she would probably react this way at first, but he never thought the actions would have this kind of affect on him.

Come now, Johnny my boy, you know it would help her. Just do what you did last time you felt this way. A knife now would save her from the pain she’ll suffer later.

“FUCK YOU D-BOY!!!” He screamed under his breath. “I killed you, you bastard.”

To kill me Johnny, you’d have to kill yourself, and we don’t want that, do we?

“I won’t do it. I won’t” Nny said trying to convince himself. “I couldn’t kill her.”

“Nny?” a small voice asked from the other side of the room. Johnny spun around to see Sage standing there. “Nny? You okay?” she asked, looking at him worriedly.

“Fine. Just… fine.” He said taking a deep breath, and forcing a smile on his face. “How about you?”

“Johnny, can I ask you for a favor?” She said walking over towards him. She stood no less then an arms length away from him and the 12-inch blade inside the waistband of his jeans.

“Sure.” He asked grabbing the top of the knife.

“I told Squee I wasn’t going to the hospital, and we compromised that he would get one of those things you do at home and bring it back.” She said looking at the floor. “If it comes out… you know… that I am… I want you to… well I want you to help me.” She said looking directly into his eyes.

“I’ve helped you this far, haven’t I?” he said, lifting the knife out behind his back. He felt numb all over and willed himself to stop, even if it was just to finish her train of thought.

“I have a feeling that it will be… positive. And, well… if it is… I want you to kill me.” She said never breaking the gaze.

Nny stopped, stunned. “You want me to… kill you if you are? I mean, why?”

“I could never be a mother to it. Never. It would be a constant reminder of what was and how bad the last 2 years of my life have been.” She said tears brimming her eyes.
“2 years?” He said in disbelief.

“Yeah, 2 years. It made me forget even the simplest of human emotion, and I could ever raise a child along with having to relearn everything out here in this world.”

Nny stared at her. He saw for the first time how beautiful she really was. Maybe not on the outside, but on the inside. While he struggled against everything to loose all feeling, all emotion, this girl who couldn’t be more then 17 was wishing for death because she couldn’t feel. And he, himself, was almost to that point too.

“Oh god, Sage.” He said grabbing her with his arm. He pulled her up close to him in something close to an embrace.

She was crying. “Nny, please, just say you will. I’d rather not live either way, but I figure you wouldn’t unless you knew how I really felt, and I guess that would be the worst of the 2-” She said abruptly through the tears.

“Shh. Sage. It’s okay. Come on,” he said grabbing her hand and leading her to the roof. “I want to show you something.”

It was night already again as they stood out on the roof. He held her against him in both his arms.

“You know how you said it was beautiful the other night?” he asked putting his head almost on top of hers. She smelled like lilac and roses. The smells all the shit in the world couldn’t take away from him.

“Yes” she whispered, crying into his chest with her arms wrapped around him.

“Well” he smiled, giving the top of her head a kiss, “how about a change of the view?” and with that, he lifted the knife he was holding behind her back and shoved it through her back.

She gasped and her eyes grew wide. Nny caught her as she started to fall backwards, and laid her softly on the roof.

She smiled and motioned for him to lean in. “thank you” she whispered in his ear.

He sat with her for about 20 minutes, until he was sure she was dead. He held her hands and told her it was going to be okay, telling her stories of the devil and god. It took her a long time to finally pass, and at 1:20 a.m., her hand became lifeless. Nny let a single tear slip out of the corner of his eye as he picked her up and carried her back into the house.

He had started to bury her by the time Squee got back.

“Nny. Where’s Sa-” he stopped when he saw Nny filling in a hole that was approximately the size of a grave. “So I spent my money on these for nothing?” he asked, trying to lighten the mood.

“I’ll pay you back.” Johnny said as he kept working.

“I was kidding. It’s okay really. I guess she was right not to trust you?” He said in a last ditch-attempt.

“Not right now Todd. I’m not in the mood”

Squee knew he was serious. He never got called by his real name. “okay,” he said, walking back over to his house.

Johnny marked the grave with some rocks for now, figuring that he would make a gravestone for her later. But right now he had some other business to attend to… he had promised the man in the basement that he would let him go, and he decided that he would… he could use a good chase before a kill. Nny just hoped the chainsaw had enough gas left in it.