Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman Fan Fiction ❯ The Timepiece ❯ Romance in Paradise ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 25

The `path' seemed to have been worn out of the vegetation by the frequent trampling by dinosaurs. On both sides of it, long grass grew to around knee-height. Tall trees of unnamable species towered above forming a dense canopy, barely allowing sunlight to pass through.

Joe and Yuki followed the `path' as it winded through the forest. Joe stopped from time to time to mark on the bark of the trees to aid their finding their way back to the ship later. Times and again had they came across stinky masses which signifies the usage of the path by the dinosaurs. Times and again, they seemed to come to a clearing only to find another path leads forwards into the unknown again.

The path seemed to go on forever until at long last, they could hear the sound of running water.

"Looks like we are almost there." Joe said as he led Yuki towards the sound of the water. Yuki nodded and followed him towards the clearing. The sight that met them had both of them dumbfounded for a moment.

Against the clear blue sky, silvery water thunders down a medium-sized waterfall sending up a soft white mist. At the bottom of the falls, a huge lake collected bordered by tall trees, extending far beyond their sight. To their far-left, the shapes of the Triceratops that they saw earlier in the day could be spotted napping in the cool shades. Further away, a few Ankylosaurus were having a late afternoon snack.

"Wow!" exclaimed Yuki, "I wouldn't mind if I have to die here."

Joe looked at her with a questioning look. Yuki caught his look and answered, "No, Joe, it's just an analogy. I don't really mean that, you know."

Yuki walked to the lakeside. She sat down on a piece of rock and reached down to touch the water. It was so cool and refreshing. She could not help removing her shoes and dipping her tired feet into the cool water. "Come over here, Joe and sit for a while. It's really nice and refreshing."

Joe was glaring at the dinosaurs. He heard Yuki's call and walked over, standing next to her watching her kicking the water with her small white feet. It was by no means the first time he had seen a girl's barefoot, and he again wondered why the sight of her feet would stir up some feelings in him which only Jun had been able to stir up in him before.

Yuki looked up at him. His face seemed to be an impenetrable mask and he seemed lost in thoughts. She couldn't help noticing those muscles of steel showing under his number 2 t-shirt that was now damp with his perspiration and was clinging to his body. Yuki could feel her heart starting to race again. Sudden warmth rushed to her cheeks and she forcefully yanked her eyes off his body and looked back down into the water. She could see their reflection clearly in the water and could not help but gasped at how dirty they both are. Severe uneasiness hit her as she realized how bad she must be looking right then.

"Joe?"

"Yes?"

"Mind turning round for a bit, while I clean myself up a little?"

Joe glared at her unbelievingly and then smirked, "You trust that I won't peek?"

"Please, Joe! I know you won't!"

Joe searched her eyes and then threw up his hands, "Well, as you pleased." He turned around, sat down and tried to focus on watching the dinosaurs.

Yuki stole a look at Joe. In the bottom of her heart, she was not quite sure whether she really wanted him look away. But since he was looking away, she gingerly took off her dirty clothing and stepped into the lovely blue water.

A scream from Yuki brought Joe quickly to his feet. He looked around and could Yuki going under not too far from the shore. He quickly dived into the water. Seconds later, he emerged with Yuki in his arms. "You okay?"

Yuki nodded and then blushed furiously after the initial shock was over.

Joe could no longer hold back, afterall, he is a strong young man in his prime. He put her back down and reaching down, gently brushed her lips with his. The kiss soon deepened as months of penned up passion unleashed.

"Mmmmfff…. Joe?"

"Yes?" Joe looked deeply into her misty green eyes.

"They are watching!" Yuki pointed to the dinosaurs in the background.

Joe giggled throatily, "That's a easy problem to solve." He picked her up again and made his way over to the waterfalls. Just as he expected, he found a nice little hollow behind the falls, just big enough for the two of them. He quickly made his way through the falls into it.

The water from the falls formed a silvery curtain shielding the little hollow and it's occupants from the rest of the world. Inside hollow, passion erupted like an active volcano, setting alit everything in it's path. It did not take long before the occupants in the little hollow to become completely consumed in its flames and surrendered their souls and bodies to one another.