Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman Fan Fiction ❯ The Timepiece ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

The sun has begun to set outside filling the room with a soft golden hue. Ken looked at Jun wondering how the rays of the setting sun could add such a lovely glow to her face. The rays of the sun are softly caressing her rosy cheeks and kissing her soft sensuous lips. Ken almost felt jealous of these sunrays. How he wanted to be the one and only one caressing whose cheeks and kissing those full lips! Jun lifted her sparkling emerald eyes and smiled at him. Ken took a deep breathe in, he had never realised that Jun was so dazzlingly beautiful.

Ken looked into her deep green eyes. They looked so deep and has such a feeling of warmth and gentleness, Ken could feel himself drowning in them. He just want to take her in his arms and spill out to her all that he had carefully hidden all these years, all his love and his longing for her.

Ken watched the sunlight dancing in her eyes as Jun smiled a puzzling smile at his sudden change of countenance after the rest of the team left the room. Ken was not used to having to take initiatives in expressing his feelings to girls. It had always been the girls throwing themselves at him. So, he was feeling a bit uncomfortable having to tell her how he felt towards her. It was quite weird though, for his bravery never failed him even in facing the worst danger or death, but he felt quite speechless in front of this girl whom he had secretly loved for a long time. He had no idea why he was feeling so cause he was so sure that she returned his affection, but then again, was he sure? Could she be only feeling a sisterly love towards him? Or worse, could she be in love with Joe instead? He had seen how much she cared for Joe and how she had exerted herself to help Joe came to terms with himself.

"Juni" Ken ventured, coyly reaching out for her hand. His heart almost leaped out of his mouth when he took her small silky hand in his, softly caressing it. "I …."

Jun looked up at him and smiled. He almost leapt for joy, she had not withdrawn her hand!

Ken swallowed and stammered a bit, "Juni, the war is over and Z is destroyed. I suppose."

Jun nodded and looked at him with hope shining in her deep green eyes. Was that what he is trying to say to her? Or was it going to be what she had been dreaming for all these years.

"And I am alive and you are alive. I mean, er, everybody is alive." Ken looked down at his hand and inwardly cursed at his own clumsiness. Where was that bravery and smoothness that he normally displayed when he made his Gatchaman 5-in-1 opening speech in front of the Galactors?

Jun smiled, looking at him puzzled. "What are you trying to get at, Ken?"

Ken gave her a rueful smile and played with her slim long fingers, "Well, I mean, did I tell you how beautiful you are? Juni?" He could not hold it anymore, he felt such a strong urge to hold her that he sprang out of his bed to stand face to face with her, still holding her hands.

Jun blushed slightly and lowered her head. "Ken? Are you trying to tell me something?"

Ken suddenly felt as if he was going for a final trial or something, his heart raced and he almost wanted to just quit it and run out of the room. He swallowed and took her chin in his hand, lifting it up so that their eyes met. "Juni, I got to tell you this now or I'd never have the courage to tell you. You are the loveliest girl I have ever met and I have loved you forever. Will you take me and love me back?" He blurted it out in one breath, afraid that he would lose it if he stopped.

He searched Jun's face eagerly for her response. He almost had a heart attack when she did not respond right away.

Jun felt as if time had stopped. She was completely lost for words. She felt as if she was floating on clouds, spinning and dancing joyously. She was completely lost in an ocean of blissfulness. The Lord only knows how long she had been waiting for this. She looked into his eyes deeply, her own eyes reflected the million different emotions she was feeling. She searched his face carefully, trying to convince herself that she was not dreaming. At length, she just lost it and threw herself into his arms and sobbed.

"Oh Ken! Oh Ken! I thought I'd never live to hear you say so!" She held him back at arm length so that she could look into his blue eyes again. "Oh Ken, tell me I am not dreaming! Tell it to me again!"

Ken drew her in close and held her tightly. Without letting his eyes drifting a second from her lovely face, he slowly brought his lips down in seek of her lips of wine, "I love you, Juni!" His blue eyes darkened to the colour of the deepest ocean, as his lips sought hers again and again, releasing that passion that had been penned up for years. "I have loved you always! You don't know how tormented I was when you were so close by but yet so far away. I longed to hold you and kiss you every single day and yet my duty forbade me to even touch you. Oh Juni, I love you!" Jun reached up and sealed his lips with her own making it unnecessary and impossible for him to continue.

Outside, the long awaited spring buds finally started to show their heads.

****