Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Karin's Wedding ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

KARIN'S WEDDING
 
To Vildarra: who has been a helping inspiration in both this tale, and in the last Karin story I wrote. Thanks for your help.
 
Preface
 
For those of you out there who are Chibi Vampire, (or Karin,) fans, you probably wonder why I chose to do the first story the way that I did. Well, as you may already know, there are three renditions of this tale: manga, anime, and a novel series, each one taking things in different angles. Therefore, you have three universes with which to go. What I have done was taken the best aspects from each one, (at least, I think I did,) and went with a tale that made sense to me. One of the renditions ends with a bit of tragedy mixed in with the blissful situation that emerged, and I said to myself, “That is not good enough. I have to change this.”
Then Jean-Claude D'Amphile came to mind, and that took off. He has much in that first one I wrote, considering that he had to be close to the action. He is still here, but not as dominating a character, (or at least that is what shall be attempted.) However, dear reader, do know that if danger leaps to the fore again, (and it will,) the dhampir shall be there again. (By the way, D'amphile would probably be a French rendering of the word, or “dhampier,” but I thought “d'amphile” would sound better anyway. I only write this for the purists out there, because I do not want them to turn me down with nitpicking. Besides, this is my story anyway; I do what I want!) I thought that the story ended well enough, but my inspiration struck again, and she got the plot bunnies hopping around. Between her and me, I hope to produce just as fun an adventure as what you read before. In this, a new foe has arrived, marital bliss is waiting, and hopefully, a completely new world emerges for our heroine.
 
A couple of notes to the reader: there are those that wonder why I spelt Anju's name as “Anjou.” Well, as the characters explained in the last story, (and because of my fluency in the French language,) the names of the Markers are quite French, and “Anju” would probably be a Japanese rendering of the name. I decided to go with the French rendering for her. I have considered going with the others the same way, (Henri instead of Henry, for example,) but I think that, if I change it anymore than I have, the Chibi Vampire police would come after me, and I would never be able to finish this story. ;) Another thing to note is the change in Henry's behavior. I felt that, with Jean-Claude around, it would begin to give him a bit more of a spine, and he would eventually gain some steel, especially with his family at stake. Now, with somewhat of a human alliance building, I think that he would be more at peace now, and be a lot less nervous—enough to be the father he has always desired to be. In addition, if anyone unfamiliar with the anime wonders why Karin went postal at the end, in truth, the anime displayed that she has always been able to go that route if pushed hard enough, and that is what happened in my story. Moreover, she had to have some abilities, because, when she got to where she would bite to release, her abilities rose to the surface. Therefore, all it would take is some proper training to control it, and there you go! Besides all this, with some inspiration, I realized that I could not leave things be. There is too much there that would call for a sequel, and this is what I wish to provide. It may turn into a series as long as there is readership out there, so, as long as you want these stories, they will be written. Enjoy the adventure!
 
Have Gun, Will Travel, Wire Paladin, (now, for this story, residing in Tokyo.)
 
Chapter 1
 
It has been three years since the day she became an aunt, and things had settled down for the Marker's and for the Clan. The twins were now toddlers, and there was as yet no indication of what they would be, but they were indeed loved. By this point, Yukkiko was sticking close to Chiyuki, trying to learn as much about her new life as she could. Anjou was now courting a young vampire named Francois, and her parents knew that, in a couple of years, Anjou would be wed herself. Both Henry and Jean-Claude looked anxious at this for two different reasons. Henry was nervous about all the kids leaving the nest. However, Jean-Claude though that was a great thing. Being that she was now 16 years of age, things like this should be normal. However, because he still saw himself as her guardian angel, he kept a close watch on his Corn Muffin, just in case. Of course, that upset Francois a bit, but Anjou and her parents liked the fact that this would happen, because they knew that Francois would never take advantage of her. Kenta was working at night, because everyone did what he or she could to make the switch to night living to help make the family a coherent unit. He was making a great living as an engineer, and things were looking up. In addition to this, Kenta and Fumio were living on the hill as well, and Kenta was more able to see his beau than before. However, on one Sunday night, it was when everyone had gathered to have dinner that something interesting happened. As they all retired to the main room to sing, talk, and whatnot, Kenta dropped to one knee, produced a healthy stone, and said, “Karin Maaka, will you marry me?”
Three years earlier, this would have been a preposterous offer. Yet, considering her status as a day walker, and how her blood did what it did, no more would the council in Japan frown upon, this at least. Everyone was applauding, as they knew that this would be a great match. Karin was more like a full vampire than ever before, and Kenta proved to be the g'hul of note in Japan, far more powerful than any other in history due to Karin's blood. If it were not for his birth, and the lack of fangs, some would have considered him a vampire! “What kind of an omen you think awaits them, Chiyuki-chan?” asked Yukiko, her apprentice, and practically, her shadow. “A pleasant one, they have a great future, now that we beat the Elders into submission,” she said, looking at them quietly. She was green with envy. She felt she had nobody, that nobody wanted her, and that she was alone—all alone—though she hid this from the couple. “I just hope that Mokito stops messing around and gets things going with us,” she said, “I mean, we've been going together for a few years now, and I don't know what he's waiting for.”
“I hope so too, for your sake,” she said, gritting her teeth, in spite of herself.
“Is there something bothering you, sensei?” asked Yukkiko.
“Nothing, just a slight bit of envy, at what everyone has, that I don't,” she said, smiling.
“Well, you know what you could do...,” answered Yukiko, not sure if that was something she wanted to hear at that moment, “...I mean, it worked for me!”
She tried to smile her most sympathetic smile, not sure if it would go the right direction. “Yukkiko-chan...What is the point, I have no point in it being fertile,—when I have no one,” she said, smiling.
“Aw, c'mon,” said Yukkiko, “You've seen some of the people that have become like you, and wanted to be. I'm sure you can find...someone.”
She nudged her mentor, and said, “Why don't you come to the club where some of the Clan hangs out. Maybe Mr. Right waits for you there. You are not going to get much going wandering the city night after night. I mean, if you keep the flint in one draw, and the steel in the other, you're not going to spark much of a fire!”
“I'll come, but I doubt I'll get anyone,” she said sighing.
“What's that I hear about a club?” asked Karin.
“Say, we can hang with the Clan and celebrate!” said Kenta, “Want to come along, Jean-Claude?”
“Not tonight,” said Jean-Claude, “You know that two twin toddlers keep me busy! Maybe if I can get Anjou to baby-sit one day, we can make that happen!”
With that, the two of them went to get their jackets for the early spring evening. Chiyuki smiled and followed them quietly.
The club, called “The Cavern,” was an interesting place, in that, it catered to all kinds of lifestyles. Some thought it was supposed to imitate the famous nightclub in Liverpool where the Beatles played, but it was more to reference it like a bat cave, considering who was there, and who ran the place. The one thing that was odd about the whole thing was that, if you were not in the know, you would not know that this club was mixed with humans, vampires, and undead, by those who were members of the Clan, and those that were friends of the Clan. When some saw who was coming in, they were ecstatic, and welcomed them warmly. Normally, D'Amphile and the Bats played that club frequently. However, this was not one of their nights, and they did not play as much, considering how their main singer and rhythm guitarist was a proud daddy now. In fact, it had been some time since Karin and Kenta had been there, and everyone was happy to see them again, even more now than before. However, Chiyuki was still not so hot on social graces. When they arrived, all she could say was, “Well, this is...nice,” not so sure that she really wanted to be there. While this was going on, some of the undead slipped up to Chiyuki and Yukiko, anxious to meet their mentor. However, there was someone else there, and when he saw who entered, he wanted to become scarce as quickly as possible. Ren had been fighting his father's overtones of being wed, considering it would ruin a good racket in blood feeding. He still was not sure about the whole thing with Jean-Claude and his dream, (though his dream seemed to become greater and greater with each passing day,) but he found that this club was good to find his taste in stressed out women, and thus, it was good hunting grounds. What was even more interesting was the fact that some of the females that were in the know actually sought him out, which he thought odd, and a bit uncomfortable, considering that it rather ruined his flings when this happened. In truth, what he found hard to express was the fact that he was very bashful! Now, dad wanted to have him wed, and there was this 1,003-year-old vampire chasing him! He just prayed that she did not see him. He was not to be that fortunate! Chiyuki began to sniff the air, and said with a curious tone, “Ren-kun?”
He saw her stick her nose into the air, and he knew he was in trouble! He started to make his way to the door. It was bad enough that your little sister was marrying a human, and now this! In a flash of red, Chiyuki was standing in front of Ren. `Wazzup! You doing okay? You have been running away an awful lot, it is bad manners!” she said playfully, touching her finger to her lip. Karin caught this in the midst of the din, and she figured that she would have a little fun with her brother after all those years of abuse. She came up to them, and said, “Hi, Oni-Chan,” with a knowing grin, and a sideward glance to Chiyuki. She then began to flaunt the rock on her finger in his face, and said, “You know, Ren, there is nothing more that would make a girl happy than for the man of her dreams to drop something like this on her. If I could, I would CERTAINLY try to do all that I could to make it happen—if I were you, that is.”
Chiyuki got that look in her eyes, when she was determined to do something. She started evilly at Ren and started chasing him around. “REN-KUN...PLEASE?” she yelled while asking while chasing him around. “KARIN, THIS IS NOT FUNNY!” hollered Ren, but all she could say was, “Dearest brother, whatever are you getting at?” fluttering her eyelashes. Everyone that knew the scenario broke out into a laughing fit. Then, the girl that had come in with him said, “Ren who is that woman! I though that I was your one and only!”
Chiyuki turned to look at her, and, considering who was pursuing her, Chiyuki thought pity should be felt for her. “Why would he want someone as bulimic and as skanky as you?” she asked, curiously.
Bulimic and skanky!” she thundered, “You're one to talk, with that pale skin and one wicked overbite! When's the last time you saw a dentist about those canines, honey?”
“I'm sorry, but don't call me honey—I don't want to be warped into your weird lesbian fantasies!" she said, smiling, “Last I checked pale skin meant nothing besides the fact I don't spend my entire life in a tanning booth!” she added on.
“LESBIAN!” she thundered, “WHY YOU!” and she began to make her way towards Chiyuki. Karin began to chuckle, knowing that this was setting up a perfect meal for her, and Ren was trying to get in between the women before it got ugly. Yukkiko was now moving up, hoping to get the woman out the door so Chiyuki could feed, and Ren was trying to keep from losing his own meal. At that, he gave Karin a dirty look, and Karin was rolling on the floor, laughing. “Lets take it outside then…” and then Chiyuki called her a female dog as she led her outside. Yukiko followed up to act as a lookout, while Ren followed up, trying to keep his meal. He was livid, and he was definitely going to have some words with Karin later. However, Yukiko tried to stall him with small talk, asking him about his technique. Her taste was in chauvinists, but she said they were harder to catch, and she wondered how he did it. He was not interested in this, and kept trying to find his prey. By the time he did get past her, it was too late. Chiyuki was licking her lips, with Ren's date tossed over her back like a full potato sack. “I didn't suck stress from her, so she should be good for a meal, since I didn't take that much,” she said, burping happily when she finished. She flopped the unconscious woman onto his shoulder, winked, and said, “One date, Ren—that's all I ask. What harm is there in that?”
With that, she signaled Yukiko to come, trying to help her perfect her man seducing techniques. All Ren could do was take her to her place, and wait for her to wake up. He just hoped he could get in the mood again.
After spending some time in the club, Karin and Kenta headed back. They thought about how fortunate they had been. There had been talk of allowing them to be together, and wiping her mind of her knowledge of her whole family, so she could pursue her love. However, thanks to the dhampir, all that changed. They were a happy pair. However, this was not unnoticed. As they made their way, a man of Haitian descent followed them for a time, and he constantly affected a serious look on his face. He had come over after some of his rituals declared a disturbance in the order of things. He wanted to check out the club that his spells led him to, just to see what this was all about. When he saw what was happening, he knew that he had to act. In his point of view, this could not stand, and there were others in his island home that would be interested. He had to get in contact as soon as he could, and bring some help. If this group was as powerful as he suspected, then all of his kind were in trouble. He especially had to stop that wedding. The last time a disturbance like this took place had been about 20 or so years ago, and it was fortunate to go away on its own. However, this was much bigger, and there would be no telling what was to happen next.
 
 
 
4