Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Karin: The Inquisition ❯ Chapter 32

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32
 
At the manor, Ai, Ren, Chiyuki, and the twins were in Richard's office. When they explained what had happened, all Richard could do was slink back into his chair and think. He finally and grimly said, “This is not good at all. I'm sorry, children, but you are going to have to hear this. It is seldom if ever that a vampire ever escapes the Inquisition once captured. They have ways of immobilizing vampires and getting anything they want. You will have to break it to your mother easy that…”
Mickey's eyes went cross, and he said, “He isn't a vampire, not what you would call a vampire. They have never seen anything like him.”
Chiyuki then said, “I've seen him do things that should have been impossible. There is no `back up' in the man!”
Ai then said, “We have lost too many! It has to stop,” and she said it with a slightly psychopathic look on her face.
Sheila then said, with a very serious look, “We are going over there and rescuing father.”
“You shall do no such thing,” said Richard, “I may not be your mother or father, but I think I speak for them when I say that…”
“We're not asking you, we are telling you: we are going!” said Mickey.
“Now look here, young man…” said Richard, but that was all he could get out. He suddenly found himself thrust back into his chair and rolled into the wall. The twins did not even bat an eye. Sheila then said, “Daddy prepared us for a day like this. If we are supposed to be some kind of chosen to help our kind and the humans become one, then there comes the time where we must do what we know we can do. Auntie-san, Ai-san, can you get all of us to Paris?”
“With bells on, precious,” affirmed Chiyuki, and they all left the office. At this point, Richard understood that they were more than just awakened, they were aware of what they were. He suddenly knew that petty squabbles between families were over, because these kids were ready to put an end to it. A new era was dawning, no one could now stop it, and he saw it start right before his eyes.
 
The group left the room just in time to see Yuriya come out to find her twins. “Oh, there you are,” she said, “I thought you would be watching…”
Sheila raised a hand, and said, “Mother, father is in trouble, and we are going to do something about it.”
Yuriya suddenly got a horrified look on her face and she snapped, “You shall do no such thing! Now you two march right back to…”
However, Mickey raised a hand and paralyzed her mother. She then lifted off the ground about three inches, and Mickey began to walk her back to the apartment. “I'm sorry, mother,” he said, “Normally, we would obey, but this is greater than any of us, and we now must act in the way we have been destined.”
The door opened of its own volition, and they gently set her down on the couch. “Fear not, mother,” said Sheila, “We shall return. When we do, a new future will have begun.”
They then left. However, Yuriya was up immediately to try to restrain them, but the door shut in her face. She then found that she could not open it. She banged on the door, begging for someone to stop them and bring back her babies as she began to bawl like a baby herself. Her husband was in trouble, and now her children were having delusions of grandeur, and she now may never see them again. Uncle Glark was nowhere to be seen, and she just did not want to be alone again. While this was going on, Richard was on the horn to Victor and Elda, and he was telling them to be ready. Hell was about to descend on Paris in more ways than one.
 
Anjou was looking half sad, and half angry. She kept the saber, hoping either to return it to Big Brother, or use it herself and keep it for his sake. They had taken Francois and Ryuu, and she would be damned to Hell if they were going to take Big Brother. They were on their way to a Canadian Air Force base, getting ready to go. When they got there, what awaited them was a Concorde jet. Hartley said, “An ordinary plane would take too long. By the time we are airborne, they will have a four hour head start. That means that they will be on the ground in two hours if they took conventional means. With this bad boy, we can be there in three hours. We may have a chance to catch him if we do it right.”
Karin was stunned. “How did you get this?” said Karin, “I mean, I thought they retired these?”
“No sense letting a great jet like that go to waste,” said Hartley, “The society said that they would take a couple if they were not using them. Now, it was 1900 hours when he was taken. That means we will hit the ground at 0900 Paris time. Yes, the sun will be up. However, we have spare armor, and we are going to put you into it. I guarantee you; the sun will have no effect on you. That is when we strike. They would not expect a vampire strike in broad daylight, and they are going to wish they were never conceived by the time we're done!”
“What about the Clan in Paris?” asked Anjou.
“We tell them to get in there before sunrise and prepare,” said Yuuna, “Someone named Richard contacted us, saying that they were in Paris, and gave us a contact for them. He also said some reinforcements were coming.”
By “Richard,” they knew that the manor knew what was going on. The only ones that could have known that quickly were the twins. She wondered if the reinforcements were the twins. Hartley then said, “We are going to have them secure the most distant entrances and then get inside and wait. Their main job is to keep them from escaping. We shall make the final assault, hitting every entrance at one time. If Jean-Claude manages to pull a Houdini, I sure do hate it for them. If that is the case, I hope he leaves us something.”
They all took their seats, and they were glad that the windows had all been covered and closed off, now designed for more military usages. The jet took off, and it was not but ten minutes after they had taken off when the plane went full throttle. They felt the press against their seats as the plane sped up. Because it was a sizable plane, the buffeting that normally accompanied breaking the sound barrier was not as bad as it could have been. When they hit MACH 1, the ride suddenly smoothed out, and the plane continued to accelerate. The final cruising speed was MACH 3, and it was then the felt themselves ease off the seats. Hartley then got on the loudspeaker and said, “Welcome to Butt Whoopin' Air Lines. We are at an altitude of approximately 35,000 feet at a cruising speed of 1,400 MPH. We shall be landing in Paris in a little less than three hours, so sit back and enjoy your flight. I suggest you get some sleep now so you can be fresh enough to indeed open up a can of Butt Whoop on our enemies when we get there.”
At this, Hartley said, “Yuuna, we will try to do things they way we know how to do things, but I cannot guarantee that there will be no deaths on the other side. If the Daywalker gets loose, I know he will not hold back, and I know there are at least two women on this plane that have the look of determination in their eyes. They look ready to make someone hurt.”
However, Anjou took out her Bible, and went back to Job where he said he would come out as pure as gold after the trial. She then went back to the Psalms. Her oratorio was partway done, and she had been gaining more and more strength as she went. God was becoming more and more real to her, and now, if He were real, she knew she needed him now. She then came across the 23rd Psalm, a psalm with which even may atheists were familiar: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me besidethe still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
She then bowed her head, and said, “Be his shepherd, God, and be mine as well. If ever I needed you to be real to me, I need it now!”
Anjou had barely finished speaking when she felt a peace and energy overtake her. She then said, “If what Big Brother said about salvation is real, let it be for me also.”
Once she had felt that, the sensations redoubled themselves, her hands went into the air, and she then began to speak in a language that was foreign to everyone in the room. They had no clue as to what was happening, and Karin thought that her sister had lost her mind! This went on for about five minutes, and without her trying, she had become the center of attention. She was breathing heavy, sweating, but smiling, and she said, “The battle is in our hands. We shall prevail!”
No one quite knew what the motivation was to say these things, but they all cheered anyway, and indeed morale was boosted. All Anjou said was, “Now I know, Big Brother, now I know!”
 
Long before the others arrived Chiyuki and the rest. Because of her tremendous speed, they practically ran on the water. They hit landfall and headed straight for Paris. When the arrived, Chiyuki made mention of how it was they were going to find the others. However, the twins were one step ahead of the matter, and said, “They are in the La Defense sector, in a hotel there.”
Chiyuki and Ren looked at them in shock. They wanted to ask how they knew, but they just stopped. Chi knew she was powerful, but this took the cake. With that, they headed to the hotel to find the others.
 
Things were in a wild state for Jean-Claude. His head was swirling, trying to comprehend what had happened to him. All he knew was that he wanted to fight and get free. He was trying to get his faculties, and he also began to wonder why he felt so cold. Finally, he began to get more feeling back, and his eyes began to focus. It was also at that point he felt cold metal on his wrists, and he knew that his arms were restrained. When he looked up, there was LeFleur, Pierre, and Leo. Leo then spoke up and said, “I am so disappointed. I thought that you would have put up more of a fight. Perhaps what I had heard about you was indeed urban legend. Nevertheless, we had to take precautions.”
He noticed that he was in some kind of a meat locker, his arms restrained, and he was cold. Leo then said, “Please, don't try to fight or resist. You will last longer if you relax. Besides, the cuffs are made of a steel, tungsten and titanium alloy. Even with your great strength, you would not be able to break that. In addition, you will notice that they are not attached to chain, but to steel cable. No, son, there is no way out. Your end will come soon, but not before we get your friends. I fully expect that they will come for you, and when we catch them, we have very convincing methods of persuasion, and they will tell us where everyone is. After that, it is open season on your kind, and we shall finally be rid of your filth off the face of the earth. Indeed, a great savior for God shall be won.”
Chattering, but still defiant, Jean-Claude snarled, “Then what?”
“Then we get the thanks of the Holy See, have our order reinstated, and do the job that our ancestors failed to do, and then rid the world of heretics,” said Leo.
Jean-Claude grew even more cross, and said knowingly, “That means anyone that is not like you, right?”
“But of course,” answered Leo, “We have to correct the heresies that Martin Luther started, and set things right.”
“Do you consider yourselves to be Catholic?” Jean-Claude then asked.
“Most certainly we think so,” said Leo, “In fact, we are the true Church Universal and Triumphant. Even what sits in Rome is but an imposter. They are not true.”
Jean-Claude began to boil over now, and he said, “You are not Catholics, you are fascists! You don't care about God; you only care about yourselves and power.”
Leo came over, as cross as could be, and slapped him hard. “You abomination! How dare you talk to me like that!”
“No wonder the Pope put your kind on the Index,” said Jean-Claude defiantly.
Leo began to laugh, and he said, “What, you think Rome has the Pope? Hogwash! I am, in essence, the real Pope!”
Now, Leo's true colors were showing through, and he said, “Once we are ready, we shall march on the Vatican, remove that impostor, and purify the Holy See. Then the world will have peace at last, because all shall be one, and be like us! Use this time to pray to your father—Satan—if he shall hear you!”
The three then began to laugh and walk out, closing the door behind them. Jean-Claude had to think and think fast. Even with his training, there was only so long he could last in that freezer. He knew that, if enough time passed, he would freeze up. He would not die, but he would be in a state of suspended animation, and completely helpless. He was sure help was coming, but how long would it be? How long would it take for the Clan to find him, for Teams A and Cleric to get there, and for them to free him before it was too late? No, he had to find a way of escape. He tested his restraints, and indeed, they were very strong. However, he knew they had to be attached to something. He followed the cable back, and he noticed that they were attached to the floor. He then knelt down and looked at the fastenings. After about ten minutes of looking at these things, he realized that the cables were cemented into the ground. He was not sure how deep it went, but he now knew they had possibly made a crucial mistake. It is said that every trap has its own escape, and if you look long enough, you will find that escape. The ground was a cement slab, and he was not sure how deep it went. However, he figured that, if he hit it hard enough, it may just crack and weaken enough to pull them out of the floor. He may have to bust his hand, but he knew he could quickly heal it, making it even harder than before, and then he could refill on whatever guard, if any, lay outside the door. Just as he knelt, he began to feel a peace and strength overcome him. It was the same as if he was experiencing the presence of the Holy Spirit Himself, and a new confidence overcame him. He did not know it, but it was at the same time that Anjou was praying what she had prayed. With bolstering to his confidence, he measured his blow, and hit with all his might between the two cables. Indeed, he did break his hand, and he quickly sent blood to heal it. He then stepped away from the fissures, knelt, and grabbed the cables as close to the ground as he could. He then began to pull with all his might. He strained and pulled, beginning to cut his hands as they slipped a touch on the cables. He knew that he may cut to his bone, but he could heal it, and besides, there was plenty of his taste wandering around. He relaxed, and gave it one more pull. Cracking sounds could be heard around the cables, and then that area of the floor began to give way. This was followed by a snapping sound, and the cables broke from the metal plates to which they were welded. If this had been a normal person, this would not have been possible, but they were not dealing with a normal person. Jean-Claude tumbled tail over teat across the floor when it gave way. He took a second to recuperate, and then he began to eyeball the door.
 
At the hotel, the Clan was making ready when there came a knock at the door. After taking precautions, they looked out the hole, and were surprised to see Ren, Ai, Chiyuki, and the twins standing there. They were quickly ushered in, and given refreshments. Elda then said, “What are you doing here?”
“They have Jean-Claude,” said Ai, with a worried but crazed look on her face.
“We know this,” said Victor, “and we are preparing to rescue him.”
Mickey then said, “Then be prepared to move on my word.”
Elda looked at them oddly, wondering what this show of authority was all about, but then read the aura of the twins. It was blinding. At this, she knew that they were now fully aware of what they were, and they were to be followed with all reverence. “Oh great ones,” she said, “What are we to do.”
“Be prepared to move in synch with the others,” said Mickey, “and prepare to smite the illegitimi fiercely! Even now, father is preparing his escape. He will be the perfect cover for the attack. Then, together, we can erase off the face of the earth one of the worst evils ever known.”
The room now filled with excitement, and word was spread to the rest of the rooms in which other Clansmen were residing. It would be a fight that would never be forgotten.
 
The guards outside the freezer heard the cracking and the snaps behind the door, and they were horrified as to what may have caused it. They heard the tumble, the thud, and then silence. They were not sure what to do at this point. They approached cautiously, but then they heard fast footsteps, and the door came off its hinges and flew right into one of the guards. Jean-Claude drove the door until he was to the other side of the room, and squashed the other guard to death. His attention then turned to the other guard. Jean-Claude was about to use his speed, but then it dawned on him that these men might be a bit more trained to handle vampires than the others. On the other hand, he was not like other vampires! The guard tried to raise his pistol, but Jean-Claude used his speed to whip the cables still attached to his wrists like whips. Within seconds, he had the pistol out of the guard's hand, and then he proceeded to cut him up. When he was down, Jean-Claude saw that he was not dead, but bleeding badly. He then got a look in his eye that he had never had before, and said, “No sense in letting the rest go to waste!”
He then picked up the guard, and then made the man scream as Jean-Claude extended his fangs and bit hard. Not only did Jean-Claude drink is share, he went overboard for what he was going to do next. Essentially, he drained out the rest of what had not bled out of other areas—the first time he ever did this, or had the ability or want to do so. He let the corpse drop, felt a roar of energy surge through him, and he roared himself. Now, with added strength, he was then able to rip off the cuffs, which broke at the connection points. He then looked at the weapon, and then thought, “Why make it easy on them? I am going to make them suffer now!”
At first, some of the human in him tried to restrain him, but then he remembered what he had told Yuuna: I think of Yuriya, the family, and the Dream—the rest is easy. There was no restraining him now. The guilty would be punished.
 
 
 
4