Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Promised Place ❯ First Contact :: Blue Skies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soft brown eyes were bright with worry when her door was opened. A little girl no older then eight and dressed in light pink pajamas hugged a white stuffed rabbit close as she backed up against the nearest wall. Outside her window it was night time, and for the past half hour the girl had been sitting in a corner of her room farthest from her door and single window as the sound of guns and fighting could be heard.
The door opened all the way allowing light to flood into the girl's room. It was pretty large for the fact that it's only living occupant was the little girl. The bed against one of the walls of the room was much too big for one child. though it was very pink, and had a lovely canopy that looked like that summer sky on the sides, and under the top a starry night. Stuffed animals of all sizes were everywhere, and in the center of the room there was a child sized table with a tea set on it. On the other side of the room was the stuff that didn't match. things that a doctor or scientist would need to use, not a little girl.
From her still dark part of the room the girl hugged her rabbit even tighter as the man in the door way looked around the room with a scoff. She couldn't see him well because of where he was. She could tell the person was a man, and that he was dressed in a suit despite that seeming battle that was going on everywhere else, though it showed signs that he had been fighting. Finally she could see that he was carrying a bow in his hand. It was that weapon which worried the child the most.
The girl felt eyes land on her and she squeaked quietly her eyes closing tight, bringing her rabbit up, and if possible hugging it even tighter then before as she tried her best to disappear into the wall she was standing against. The child heard a man's voice calling for someone, saying that he had a serious problem.
There was another set of footsteps, the swish of a cape, and a displeased noise from the door of her room. A few more steps, both men were inside now, and they were talking to each other. Peeking an eye open the girl pressed her back harder against the wall as she watched the two, and waited for them to eventually find her.
“-Child ran out and got hurt do you?” The new male asked his companion as he ran a hand over the pink bed that the child should have been sleeping in. Both backs were turned to the child.
The first man scoffed, “Any brat with sense would stay put after hearing the ruckus that's going on outside. Besides, I get the feeling this kid wouldn't get out much...” He said jerking a thumb over to the medical and science equipment shoved against the farthest wall.
The second man nodded absently as he turned to face the first, and take in the room better. The little girl gasped when he did, making both look in her direction, as she saw one of the prettiest things she had ever seen. One of the orange flames she sometimes saw people have, only this one was flickering on the second man's forehead when she usually saw them inside a person. It was brightest and purest she had ever seen before in the time that she had her ability.
Her attention wasn't on the man's flame for very long because just a few inches to the left of her face an arrow thunked into the wall, and stayed there. The girl cried and ran over to one of her piles of stuffed animals still clinging to her rabbit. She would have tried for the door if it hadn't been for two things. One it still seemed extremely dangerous out side of her room, and two the two men were between her and her door.
Quite literally falling into the pile of stuffed animals the girl crawled forwards just a bit before she was behind them, and hid by making her self as small as possible. The girl was trying hard not to cry as she hit, but it wasn't working very well.
“Congratulations G, you've managed to shoot at a little girl.” The voice of the second man said unhappily.
“Che, how the hell was I supposed to know?” The retort form the first man came.
“Well we are in a little girl's room.” The response was flat, and apparently the first man, G, had no response to it. Foot steps came over to the pile of animals and stopped. There was a swish as the cape the man was wearing was moved out of the way.
Looking up the little girl saw her wall of animals being moved aside and scooted back only a little bit until she reached the wall. Finally the last animal was moved aside and the girl was faced with the second man who had the orange flame on his forehead. It disappeared, and as it did striking amber eyes changed to a more gentle blue. Like the “sky” on her bed canopy, or the one she saw through her window during the day.
A hand reached out towards her face and the girl flinched as it carefully wiped away her tears, “It seems we not only woke you, but scared you as well.”
The hand withdrew form her face and was held out in front of her palm up which confused the girl. How ever the other male in the room seemed to know what the blue eyed man was thinking.
“We can't take her home.” He said flatly.
“We can't leave her here either.” Was the light reply as the blonde looked over his shoulder at the other.
“This isn't a puppy we're talking about! It's a child, a little girl, and we can't just bring her back after-” The other started ranting before he abruptly stopped.
“You were saying?” The blonde asked mildly.
The man looked away, “Che, fine.” He said before adding, “But we're not keeping her.” hastily. The blonde waved his free hand letting the other know he had heard.
The girl had watched the exchange with confusion. They wanted to take her somewhere? While she wouldn't mind leaving her bedroom the girl didn't know who these two were, what they wanted, or if they would do anything to her. It didn't make her all that eager to accept the hand that once more was offered to her with a smile.
“Well, would you like to come with us little one?” The blonde asked.
The child spoke for the first time. “I, I'm no-not supposed to go with, with strangers...”
There was a commotion out side of the room, and down the hall that made the other man ready his weapon. “Giotto, hurry up.”
The man nodded gravely, answering his companion and the girl at once, “That's very smart.” He said. “How about this then. I'll tell you my name, and then you give me yours. We won't be strangers then.” He said thoughtfully.
The girl blinked. Was the solution really that simple? Looking at the man in front of her she cold tell he certainly believe it was. Glancing at the man now in the hall she could finally tell he was a red head, and she could see he was firing his weapon at someone. If the girl didn't answer soon she probably wouldn't be able to go...
Yet the blonde in front of her waited patiently for her answer, as if he had all the time in the world to spend in the bedroom waiting for her. He seemed nice, and that flame she had seen earlier...
Brown eyes locked with blue as the girl picked p her rabbit again. “I'm Alice, and this is Cheshire.” She said.
The blue eyed man smiled wider obviously amused by the name she had given her white rabbit, “It's very nice to meet you Alice. I'm Giotto, and my friend out there,” The man, giotto, looked over his shoulder at the red head in the hall. “His name is G. Would you like to come with us?” He said extending his hand, palm up, once more for her to take.
Alice extended her hand, but quickly brought it back when G reentered the room scowling. “It's time to go now. Just grab the brat and be done with it.” He said irritably.
Giotto turned to give him and look and say something when Alice quickly stood and grabbed his hand surprising both of the men. Giotto nodded and picked her up as he stood, startling a squeak out of her. He frowned for a moment, thinking that she was just a little too light for her apparent age before smiling at the girl.
“It'll be much faster if I carry you.” He told her kindly, not mentioning that it was also safer considering that she would be hidden by his cape.
Alice nodded and hung on to the blonde. The excitement and time was starting to catch up with her, making her sleepy. The last thing she would remember seeing that night was those sky blue eyes turning back to the sharp amber.
Blue Skies
 
Blue Skies
 
1
 
1