Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Promised Place ❯ First Contact :: Red Storm ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Storms were scary. They were loud, mean, and violent. Uncaring if the toppled over trees on to people, their houses, or their carriage, or if they tore up gardens that children liked to play in, or adults like to relax in. Usually when there was a storm Alice would stick close to Giotto.
Alice loved Giotto, he was nice to her and kept her safe with out keeping her stuck in her room. It wasn't odd to the the girl with him these days. Quietly having a tea party in front of the fireplace in his office with her white rabbit Cheshire as he did paperwork. she sat on his direct left at dinner, only because G already took the seat to his right.
How ever today there was a storm, and Giotto had gone out. With the storm raging outside her window since late that morning Alice was hiding under the blankets in Giotto's room clutching Cheshire so tightly that if he were a person he'd be blue in the face. She squeaked when ever she saw lightning, or heard a particularly loud clap of thunder.
Finally the girl had enough. She wanted the storm to go away now, not when it was done raging outside the mansion. Then she remembered something Giotto had told her when she informed him of her dislike of storms.
----- ----- -----
A few months ago G as resigned him self to the presence of the little girl, Alice. He had tried to get rid of her, he really did. Both Giotto and G agreed that the mafia was no place for children, doubly so for little girls. First they had put her in the care of the church. No problem there right? That's what they thought.
It was a few months after that when G received a report on a church that was pretty much selling children to mafia families to be trained to kill. While he usually chose to stay out of church business he knew that his friend had seen the same report cross his desk when his door nearly slammed open and a furious looking Giotto stalked into the room. At that point he knew there was no ignoring this report...
It was only when they took care of the problem that the found out it was the church that they had left Alice at that had been the subject of the report. They also figured out that night that Alice was still there, because she found them as they were leaving. Apparently the girl had just flat out refused to be adopted by any of the people that had come to see her, each and every time for the few months she had been there.
So again they brought her back to the mansion, feeling a little guilty that they hadn't looked into the church they sent her to before dropping her off there. This time the two men found a family for the girl to live with them selves. Some people they knew form their childhood that weren't mafia related.
Then Giotto started getting distracted. G could tell right away, though it took a little longer for the others. It was like his friend was having a mid life crisis, only he wanted a kid instead of a fancy what ever! The two would be out for something, and the blonde would stop and watch a bunch of kids playing in the street, or by a fountain, or in someone's yard.
G would have found it creepy if it were anyone else doing that, but being that it was his best friend he just bak tracked, and then dragged the blonde away from the kids that Giotto was watching play so happily like he was a father pulling along his own easily distracted child.
It got quite annoying after awhile. There were a couple more run ins with Alice that they had before G and Giotto finally gave up on getting her to have a normal family with someone else. The kid was like a freaking boomerang, and now she stuck not only to Giotto, but to him self as well.
Of course G wouldn't admit out loud any time soon that he liked Alice. He was trying not to....
Of course on this particular day Giotto had gone out, and G was stuck doing paperwork. Not that he minded too much, he would have had to do it anyways. So absorbed in his work it was dinner time when G finally noticed that Alice, affectionately referred to by him as the brat, had been around him all day. He hadn't heard a peep out of the girl, and so far no where to be seen...
The door to his office burst open and a pink and brown blur ran into the room, stopping when it reached his chair.
It was Alice.
“Make it stop!” The girl exclaimed.
G blinked, he had no idea what she was talking about. How ever the girl had his door behind wide open her. “You forgot to close the door.” He told her plainly.
His response was a cute pouty scowl.
“I won't do anything until you close it, and then you have to be clear on what you want me to do.” He replied turning back to his work ignoring her.
It took a minuet but the girl went back and shut the door. on her way back there was a clap of thunder as well as a very close call with lightning that made the girl practically levitate before diving under G's desk. Must to his amusement and annoyance.
“Make it stop!” She cried hiding under the desk.
G sighed and scooted back so he could see her. “Make what stop?” He asked surprisingly patient.
“The storm...” Alice replied bringing her knees up to her chin as she watched him with her big brown eyes.
G stared at the girl for a moment in surprise, she squeaked when there was more thunder and repeated her request. “Make it stop!”
“Are you stupid?” The question slipped out before he could stop it.
“No! Gio said you could make it stop!” Alice argued back.
He hadn't told her that G could make a storm stop. What Giotto had told the girl was that G was a storm of his own when he wanted to be, which was the reason why she shouldn't dislike storms.
Alice had thought just a little while ago that if G was a storm him self, then he could make this storm go away. She explained as much... from her safe spot under his desk.
The red head sighed, he would have to thank his friend later for saying something to make the girl think he could do the impossible.
Gently grabbing the little girl G pulled her out from under his desk, signing when she then opted to cling to him when the thunder and lightening made it's self known again. Making her change how she was sitting on his lap G let her stay there, telling her she could only stay if she stayed quiet and still.
 
A couple hours later someone entered G's office in a much calmer fashion then Alice had earlier. Outside it had stopped raining, though the was dark being that it was night time. Hearing a chuckle G looked up to see his friend, and scowled.
“This is your fault.” G informed the blonde.
Giotto looked much too innocent for his friend's liking as he replied, “You could have always taken her back to her room once she fell asleep.” He said. “I'll take her now if you'd like.” He offered.
The scowl only deepened as the red head turned the sleeping Alice away from Giotto. “Fat chance. I'll make you regret wanting me to like her.” He threatened.
Giotto only smiled and replied, “I'd like to see that G.” Before leaving the room chuckling.
G scowled at the little girl using him as a bed and pillow, “Brat...” He muttered half heartedly before finishing what he had been working on.
The Red Storm
 
The Red Storm
 
1
 
1