Keroro Gunso Fan Fiction ❯ The Black Cigarette ❯ A Short Ride for Tamama ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Black Cigarette
Hai yah! I'm back yay! More stories for y'all so be ready, I've been on Disney soundtrack for a while here. I don't own Keroro Gunso or any related characters.
* means an explanation is given.
** In Japan they have only one teacher that does all subjects and has one class. (They usually stick with that teacher only switching from grades pre-K-Kinder 1st-5th 6th-8th 9th-10th and 11th-12th)
 
The alien population was beginning to rise, and Fuyuki couldn't get enough, at every corner it seemed that there was another alien just waiting to become friends.
Natsumi, his sister knew better than that and scolded him every time he became nosy or overly engrossed in a conversation. Aliens have rights too of course is what she is mostly concerned of , and of coarse, getting a diplomat or visiting ally angry. Humans are not as advanced as we seem to think we are, and such is Natsumi's thoughts too, so for now sharing some space with aliens that could destroy the planet without a second thought or remorse other than a nice vacation spot was lost is okay with her.
 
Soft light lit the city street, the wave of school children clogging the already overcrowded streets.
Fuyuki smiled gleefully as he spotted yet another alien on the streets, and Natsumi sighed as he began to make a B-line towards the alien.
Tamama stood on the edge of the crosswalk, eyes darting in between a map that he held in his hand, and the soft-serve ice-cream toppling off a waffle cone in the other.
After dragging her brother away from a 6” something alien with a human body and a seal head rather than a human on his neck, oh and he was wearing boots, and a red Speedo tm. Sighing Natsumi began to walk to the crosswalk, not really caring weather or not Fuyuki was following her.
 
Slowly walking Fuyuki followed his sister to the edge of the crosswalk, he spotted another alien, it was… cute.
 
A ring tone began to go off in the crowd, it was “Milkshake” scanning the crowd, Natsumi quickly spotted the source, and a pretty, short, frog-like alien wearing a small designer jacket, balancing an ice cream cone answered the call on a tiny organic looking phone of some sorts.
 
It was not embarrassing at all for Tamama answering the phone, Momoka's voice clearly sounded through the phone, “Tamama are you nearly there yet?”
 
“Hmm, I think I'm lost Momoka.” He took a big lick of the ice cream.
“What street are you on?” The girl was starting to sound agitated.
“Akito Way and Sun Street” Tamama smiled and started to munch on the soggy cone.
“Tamama! I'm just across the street, look at the big Sumomo picture and I'm right beneath it” Momoka said in a relived voice.
 
From Fuyuki and Natsumi's point of view, the alien had a sly bemused smile on when it answered the phone, and then it grinned widely and waved to a girl across the street.
 
Their mom wasn't home when they got there, and the answering machine had a message on it.
Natsumi was the first one to notice the flashing red light, she walked to the small table that housed the phone and such devices, and pressed the dark blue button.
` Tuesday, October twenty-third, two thousand and six, ten twenty a. m. beep~ Natsumi, its me your mother, uh Mr. Kero had an accident and where going to check out his house, so don't worry if I'm not home by twelve, and tomorrow I'll be back by seven or eightish at night, sorry honey, bye ~beep, End all messages'
Sigh, Natsumi felt like someone had just splashed her with a bucket of cool water, she set about finding something for Fuyuki and herself to eat.
 
Outside, the weather was turning bad, and the nice, white fluffy clouds seemed to harden into a harsh, steel blue against a dim blue sky.
 
Momoka and Tamama where walking in the park, the plants where all dead before the first frost.
Tamama sat on a concrete bench; Momoka leaned backwards, and snapped a brown-white stem from the cold earth.
She smiled at her friend, and Tamama smiled back at her, “So, your wings came in while I was away?”
 
Natsumi sat in her room, she scribbled on strawberry-red stationary. With a plop she sat on her bed, she reached over and grabbed a dark red stuffed animal, it resembled the alien that she had seen earlier, except that the former had been larger and of sharper tooth.
 
Fuyuki played with the small lump of clay that sat on his desk. From memory, he formed a circle, then four cylinders and finally an almost teardrop shaped torso, and attached them together.
Speaking out loud to himself he said, “Mom really likes that Mr. Kero, I wonder if… he's a keron…” the rest stayed in his mind.
 
The next day,
 
Natsumi said goodbye to Fuyuki and began to walk to her native class, stopping every now and then to say hello to friends, the memories of hugging the stuffed keron fading to the back of her mind, where it was safe.
“Today class, we'll have some representatives from Nishizawa private academy coming to talk about those who are qualified to attend.” The kind-hearted teacher smiled at the entire class, her hope for the best for each student evident.
In Fuyuki's class, something similar was said, but more information was given, for instance: the fact it is an all girls school only and the slightly shining slip of the tongue that suggested a chance to leave earth.
A short period of the day, which Natsumi's teacher devoted to studying the human/alien relations that where being enforced.
“Now, lets see, I found that what we call aliens that are accepted as citizens of countries differ, who can tell me Japan's?” the blond teacher questioned. Several unsteady hands where lifted into the air, looking around, the teacher chose the steadiest one: Natsumi's. “Yes Natsumi-san?”
“It is done proportionally, with being equal to four human years to the life expectancy of the race, and it is required that they have proof of birth taking place hear on earth. Otherwise they're not really considered for citizenship unless they've spent the human equivalent of thirty-five years.” Natsumi smiled and took a deep breath.
Her teacher giggled and smiled “That's great, but it's almost lunch time already, and we have a guest coming from that other school.”**
 
Momoka folded her dark black wings forward to fix the uncomfortable position they're in from the car ride. Tamama smiled from across the seat and began to have a giggle fit. To say the least that was not a good choice for him, cause within the next second he smashed open the window and landed in the street.
 
 
A/N: the end of chapter1