Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. Three, Chap. Fourteen: Tracked ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Tracked
Meanwhile, Gill is closing in. He remembered he had one trick up his sleeve. It took the flip of one switch.
Click.
And just like that, the tracker was online. Tracy had kept the group three days ahead. This didn't bother him. Isis had a hand in tracking them down. It all came down to patience. They had to slip up somehow. Gill already caught up to them by a day. But where were they now?
---------
Tracy called everyone in the barn.
“We've got a problem,” she said. All eyes stayed on her.
“I remembered something last night,” she went on. “Does anyone remember when Isis was activated?”
“Yes,” Jiro said.
“Well… That might have triggered a type of tracking device inside of her,” the female android said.
“What?!” everyone asked.
“You can't be serious,” Ichiro said.
“I wish I was,” Tracy said. “We do have distance in our favor.”
“So what can we do?” Mitsuko asked. Tracy leaned back.
“Other than running, we've got to fight,” she said. “But that won't change anything.” She looked above her.
“What about Luke and San?” Jiro asked.
“Yeah, where are they?” Mitsuko asked.
“Out,” Rei said. Everyone looked at him. Tracy gave him an odd look.
“Out where?” she asked.
“Walk,” he said. The female android cursed herself.
“Damn it,” Tracy said. She regained her composure.
“Well, there are two options. Get them to a safe place for one,” she said.
“And if that fails?” Ichiro asked. Tracy sighed.
“I have a kill switch code for San,” she said.
“Tracy…” Jiro said, slowly shaking his head. She put up her hand.
“I don't want to have to resort to that,” she said. “I would never hear the end of it from Luke. He would look at me like a hurt puppy. He'd be all depressed and blah, blah, blah.” She moved her hand up and down like a talking hand puppet.
“So option one then?” Ichiro asked.
“I know where we can hide then,” Mitsuko said. Tracy lifted her head.
“How far from here?” she asked.
“Just about four hours from here,” the other woman said.
“Lead the way,” Tracy said.
“Yes,” Mitsuko said.
----------
Gill awoke to beeping noises. A smile came across his face.
“Found them,” he said. The mad scientist punched in some keys. And with that the final war began.
Data Error