Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing over into different worlds... again. ❯ The crossover ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter One
 
 
Two years after the defeat of the nobodies and Xemnas, Sora, along with his friends, returned to Twilight Town. Sora was currently brushing up on his skills with Riku in front of the train station. The sounds of two keyblades clashing could be heard throughout the entire town. Sora blocked Riku's aerial attack, countering with a punch to his friend's chin. Riku smirked, wiping away the blood. “You're getting better.” He said. Sora smirked at the comment, blocking Riku's attack, he replied, “You're not so bad yourself.” Sora pushed his blade off and swung for the ribs. Riku back flipped away from his blade and charged. Sora dodged Riku's attack and slammed the blade's hilt into his back. The tow jumped apart and rushed at each other again. Sora's blade contacted with Riku's chin in an uppercut swing. Riku didn't have time to defend himself as the young brunette began to pound away at his body. Sora's last attack sent Riku airborne. Sora jumped up, preparing to land the final blow. Riku blocked and kicked Sora's ribs, causing him to fly into the side of the train station. Riku then threw his keyeblade at Sora, who dodged and summoned a bolt of lightning to attack.
 
Riku easily dodged and slammed his blade's blade into the ground. Riku willed for fire to appear and began launching fireballs at Sora. The young youth dodged all of his attacks before rushing at Riku. Riku quickly equipped his sword and blocked before Sora could strike. Riku and sora began matching blows with one another, refusing to give up as they did so. Their blades clashed one more time before sending a blast of air out around them. They both panted in exhaustion, but refused to let up. “Your persistence is annoying.” Riku taunted, dodging a blade swing. Riku was caught off guard when Sora's head slammed into his. Riku jumped back, recovering from the sneak attack. Sora jumped at him, only to have Riku throw him towards the wall. Sora's feet touched the wall, as he began to run along it. Riku jumped in the air, as Sora bounced from the wall. The two continued their battle in the air, manipulating the universe's elements to strike one another.
 
With a mighty howl, Sora landed a spinning slash across Riku's chest, which hit him dead on. Riku clutched his chest in pain and landed on the train station's roof. From there, he began shooting fireballs and lightning bolts toward sora, mixing it up every once and awhile until he recovered. One of the fireballs singed sora's shoulder, catching him off guard long enough for a lightning bolt to strike his chest. As he fell, Sora cast the Curaga spell before flipping to his feet. Both of them stood panting. They looked to their left to see that the whole town was watching the entire fight. Sora jumped to the top of the train station, thus another sword fight was born.
 
Riku was able to hold him off until his wounds healed. He pushed Sora away from him and slammed the keyblade's hilt into his chest. Sora staggered back in pain as Riku punched him in the face, then roundhouse kicked him in the chest, flinging him from the roof. Sora stood up shakily and resumed his fighting stance. “I won't give up.” The town's people were starting to thing that this was a real fight instead of a sparring match. Sora ran up the side of the building and glid over to riku, where he began a flurry of slashes. Some got through to riku, the others were blocked. It was Riku's turn to go on the offensive. He pushed sora's blade away from him, and sent a spinning slash to his head. Sora ducked the attack and sent an uppercut to Riku's chin, flinging off the building. Their keyblades vanished from existence as they began a fistfight. Punches and kicks were being thrown as fast as possible. Sora leaned back on one of his hands, kicking Riku's chin and making him sail through the air. Riku regained his balance on the roof and charged at Sora. Sora charged at Riku, and vice versa. Just as they were seconds away from one antoher, their keyblades returned and their blades seemed to pass through each other, as Riku landed on the ground, and sora the roof.
 
Everyone was astonished. They had never seen such an event take place. It was a good thing that these two were on the side of good, because it would be nearly impossible to defeat them otherwise.
 
************
 
Later that night, while Sora was asleep, he had a strange dream:
 
Sora checked his surrounding; he was standing in complete darkness. “Where am I?” he asked himself, placing one of his hands to his head. “That's a question for another day, keyblade wielder.” A mysterious voice called out. “What? Who's there!?” Sora demanded, his keyblade appearing in his hand. “Relax, Sora.” The voice said reassuringly. “What do you want?” Sora asked calmly. “It's not what I want, it's your destiny.” Sora sighed, “Oh no, not again. No more of this destiny crap! I've already saved the universe… twice! I think I've done my job.” Sora replied. The voice chuckled, “Sora, unlike your other adventures, you won't be alone,” the voice began. “I wasn't alone in my first adventure! I had Donald and Goofy by my side.” Sora replied, “Yes, that's true. What I meant was, there are other keyblade wielders besides you and Riku.” Said the stranger. Sora arches an eyebrow at these words, “Really?” he asked, “Yes, there are. Sora, you and Riku have to find these people and help them find their blades. Then and only then will you be able to destroy the ultimate evil that approaches.” Sora began pacing for a while, “Fine. But where do I start?” he asked, “Right here,” A portal opens up in front of the brunette. Sora's facial expression twisted into that of horror.
 
Inside the portal, an image of the Destiny Islands was being shown. The sky was an onyx black, with different species of heartless falling from the sky. The evil monsters began attacking the island. Sora then caught a glimpse of his childhood friend. “Kairi!” he yelled in fear, as she tried her best to run from the heartless. “Go, Sora!” the voice commanded. Without another word, Sora jumps through the portal and into the Destiny Islands.
 
Sora's feet touched the sand of the island. He frantically searched around for Kairi, until he found her trying her best to run from a horde of heartless. Unfortunately, she trips and falls over, where the heartless can converge on her. “Kairi!” Sora yelled, getting her attention. He grips his blade's hilt and charges, viciously tearing through the heartless as if they were wet paper towels. “Are you okay?” he asked, holding a hand out to his friend, “Sora!” She exclaimed happily, claiming his hand and pulling herself up.
 
“What happened here?” he asked, “I don't know. All of a sudden the sky turned black, and these heartless began pouring from the sky.” She replied. Sora then heard another familiar voice call out to him. “Riku!” Sora exclaimed happily. Riku ran over to them, as the two of them resumed their battle stances, determined to protect Kairi.
 
The heartless swarmed once more and the two easily destroyed them again. Two fat bodies dropped from the sky and landed in front of them. (I think that's what they're called) Sora and Riku nodded, before slipping between the fat bodies' legs and cutting through their back, completely destroying them. The heartless suddenly stopped coming, surprising all three of the teenage males as a giant black hole opened up in the middle of the island. The three were slowly but surely beginning to get sucked in. “We can't get away!” Kairi panicked, losing her footing and tipping over. Sora quickly grabbed her arm, as Riku grabbed his. “Don't let go!” the brunette instructed. Riku placed a firm grip on one of the palm trees that were nearby. “Don't let go, Sora!” Kairi pleaded, “I'll never let go!” Sora replied.
 
Kairi's grip on Sora's hand was slowly starting to weaken. Sora tried his hardest to hang on to Kairi, “Hold on, Kairi!” he yelled, “I can't!” and with that, she let go and began falling towards the black hole. Kairi then suddenly stopped, she looked up to see that Sora had stuck his keyblade out just in time and she grabbed onto it. “Guys… I can't…. hold…. On!” Riku let go of the tree, and all three of them were hurdling towards the void of darkness.
 
As they entered the hole of darkness, Sora grabbed onto Kairi at the last second, but Riku unfortunately. “Riku!!” Sora and Kairi yelled in unison. They watched as they were separated from each other and pulled into different worlds. “I'll be back!” were the silver-haired boy's final words as he once again vanished into the darkness.
 
**************
 
“Ouch, my head.” Sora said groggily as he stood up. He checked his surroundings that all looked foreign to him. “Kairi,” he called, already worried, “Where are you?” he asked again, which went unanswered. Sora then began his walk through some weird looking forest. There was fruit nearly everywhere, but not nearly enough animals to eat it all. `Hmm, what's with all the food?' Sora thought.
 
He pushed passed all of the trees, and finally made it through the weird forest. Where he was now was even stranger: There was some alter-like thing sitting in the middle of the open space. Sora took a closer look, there was a gigantic emerald-green jewel sitting in the-alter. “Whoa,” Sora whispered. He slowly climbed the stairs of the-alter and placed his hand on the emerald, only to have it smacked away.
 
“Get away from my emerald!”
 
Sora jumped back immediately; summoning his blade he asked, “Who in the hell are you?” he looked down at the… whatever it was. It was some strange creature with red fur, violet eyes, a small white half-moon mark on his chest, and some big mitts to fit those gigantic fists. “Humph, you got a lot of nerve coming to my island like that.” It said, “Island? Islands are surrounded by water, and I don't see any water.” Sora replied, “Go look over the edge, kid.” It said, tossing his thumb to the edge of the `island'.
 
Sora did as he was instructed and jumped back in shock and astonishment. “What the hell?!”
 
End Chapter One