Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ A Fragmented Tale ❯ The Final Quest ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know it has been forever since I last updated. I've been busy graduating and getting ready for college & stuff. With that, I've had a huge writer's block and I didn't know what to type. And to tell the truth, I had this chapter done a couple months ago but I didn't get around to put it on Word from my Sidekick, so now I got my laptop I am able to do that. And here it is! It might seem short, I'm sorry. And I really don't know when I can do the NEXT chapter. Please continue with your patience. I promise I will finish this story! It's driving me insane since I started it almost a year ago! I'm not going to go on & on so go ahead and enjoy it! Maybe if you have suggestions, leave a review and I'll see what I can do! ^-^ Thankies!
 
A Fragmented Tale by cursed l0ve
 
 
Chapter Nineteen: The Final Quest
 
 
The newlywed King Matty and Queen Enya both approached towards the center of the ballroom floor. Everyone watched in awe as Matty gave Enya his hand, which she gladly took, and wrapped his left arm around her waist. They swirled and swayed in circles around the room like a dream. The music was very classic, in which Riku caught Aleron and Aleira looking at each other with a disgusted look on their faces.
 
"What's wrong?" Riku spoke in Aleron's ear.
 
"I hate this kind of music; the kind we have at home is way better than this, and is a lot more fun dancing to!" Aleron replied, covering her ears with her fingers.
 
Chuckling, Riku removed a hand from Aleron's ear and said, "Well, then... You're a princess, I'm sure you can make requests."
 
With an amused look, Aleron smirked up at him. "Yeah, but I don't think they could make that kind of music with THOSE instruments." She pointed at the small dais, where the band was playing. "And besides... I doubt there is a stereo system to put CDs in, and I don't even have mine with me."
 
"CDs?" Riku asked, perplexed.
 
"Ah, that's right... Well, I promised I'd get you guys to visit my world, remember?" she said, grinning.
 
"Yeah, after all of this is done."
 
"Yup."
 
 
"You guys gonna stand around or are you both gonna dance?" Donald Duck quacked, approaching them. He had his arms crossed and his foot was tapping.
 
"Eh?" Riku said, looking down at the duck. He blinked and looked at Aleron.
 
"Donald, are you going to keep appearing like that to tell me to do something every time?" Aleron hissed, annoyed.
 
"Ha-ha!" he quacked, smirking. "Don't blame me, Sora says to."
 
"Sora?" Riku frowned. He shot his glance at the grinning brunette dancing with Kairi a few feet away. Donald continued to quack incohertly, waddling away towards where King Mickey and Goofy were standing.
 
"I think Sora is up to something," Aleron whispered in Riku's ear.
 
"Me too," Riku nodded.
 
Aleron looked towards the two dancing couples again and caught them suddenly looking away. She raised an eyebrow and swept across the room, landing her gaze on Aleira, who had also quickly averted her eyes. She whispered quietly into Riku's ear. "Seems like Aleira is in it, too. So is Kairi."
 
"Really? I wonder why..." he mumbled low enough for Aleron to hear.
 
"I might have an idea," she sighed after a moment, peering up at him.
 
"Yeah?"
 
Aleron smirked and took his arm, nodding towards the hallway. He followed her through the crowd, hidden away from the secretive prying eyes. Once they made it out of the ballroom, she didn't stop, instead, she led him further down the colonnade and outside into the balcony.
 
"Okay," Aleron said, taking a deep breath when they finally stopped behind a water statue. "They are trying to get us together, you know... like... together."
 
Riku went in a thinking mode, and Aleron was waiting patiently, searching his face for any shown emotion. His aqua-green eyes suddenly slipped into hers, and they were caught- impassively chained to one another, unable to look away. Aleron was surprised to find something passing through in those eyes. Was that a gleam? She blushed, glad it was pretty dark out that he couldn't see it.
 
"Now that I think about it, I suppose you're right. They are..." he began.
Aleron nodded, but didn't look at him. She saw his hand lift in the air, but barely, before dropping it back to his side again. She hid her sigh. Was anything ever going to happen? Not for a while, she guessed. Maybe when this was over? She hoped so.
 
"We better get back?" he suggested, scratching the back of his head. Aleron looked up at him, he was looking inside, checking for anyone that would have followed them.
 
"Yeah, let's go," Aleron sighed, walking past him on her way inside.
Riku stood there, blinking at the girl disappearing into the ballroom. What just happened? Did she just give him the cold shoulder? What did he do? He shook his head, and went to catch up with her.
 
'Maybe a dance or two will satisfy everyone,' he thought. A smirk slowly crept on his face as he entered the ballroom. The loud music and the twirling figures made him dizzy. He took a deep breath and began searching for Aleron.
 
Aleron stood at the wall, away from everyone. 'Like I said before, no use getting close to anyone,' she mused. 'Yeah, but things are getting better, and it's almost over...' she argued. 'No, I don't care. Once alone, always alone,' she retorted. "Whatever," she said outloud.
 
"Hey, there you are. Who were you talking to?" Riku asked, threading through several dancing couples.
 
Aleron snapped out of it and gave a smile. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking."
 
Riku looked uncertain, his eyes flicked around before focusing on hers. "Uh, okay," he said, raising an eyebrow. He straightened himself up, bowed, and put out a hand. His eyes never left hers. "Wanna dance?" he asked, grinning.
 
Aleron twitched in surprise, and then blushed. She took his hand and smiled. "Okay," she said.
 
Riku stood up and led her into the crowd. He put her left hand on his shoulder, and then put his own left on her waist. He could see her blushing and then they began to follow everyone else.
 
 
"Sora! Look!" Kairi hissed in his ear sharply. The brunette winced, and started looking around. "No! To your left!" she corrected. His blue eyes caught the two dancing figures. He grinned mischievously.
 
"Heh, heh. Guess our plan is working..." he said softly.
 
"Yeah, but I don't think it was Donald," she said honestly.
 
Sora looked at her with a look of surprise. "Then, how?" he asked, confused.
 
"They could have decided to by themselves, you know," Kairi said.
 
"True..." he agreed, studying them.
 
"We have to get the others," Kairi said, breaking the dance. She kept a hold on Sora's hand as she dragged him through the crowd.
 
"Aleira!" she called out at the girl.
 
Aleira and Ryo paused in their dancing and looked at the excited looking Kairi. Sora was grinning behind her.
 
"What is it? Did something happen?" Aleira asked, getting excited. Ryo crossed his arms and watched the trio.
 
"Aleron and Riku?" he asked.
 
"Yeah! They're dancing! Look!" Kairi yelled, turning around and pointing at the two.
 
"No way! Really?" Aleira squealed.
 
"Yes!" Kairi nodded.
 
"We need to get them even closer!" Aleira said seriously.
 
"Like what? Let them dance for a while. If we keep this up, they'll suspect us," Sora said, keeping an eye on his best friend.
 
"Okay," Aleira said. "At least tell the others!"
 
"Yeah! Come on!" Kairi exclaimed, grabbing both Sora and Aleira's hands. Ryo shook his head and followed the trio towards where Enya and Matty were dancing.
 
 
"Uh oh," Riku mumbled. Aleron now had her arms wrapped around his neck, and he had his around her waist. They were dancing closer and slower.
 
"What is it?" she whispered in his ear.
 
"They're up to something again. I don't think they know I've been watching them for some time now," he whispered back.
 
"Oh, really. Well, we know what they're trying to do, so just follow with their plan and then get it back at them or something?" Aleron suggested.
 
Riku was silent for a while, and then he took a breath. "Like what?" he asked.
 
"I don't know..." she sighed.
 
'Should I just tell him?' she thought. 'Yeah, just do it. There's nothing to lose!'
 
"Hey Riku?" she asked, breaking the dance. She kept her hands behind his neck, but stood an arm's length away so that she could see him.
 
"Yeah?" he said, raising an eyebrow.
 
She blushed and looked away, but continued. "I don't know what we are trying to hide, but I know you know I like you, and I know you do too."
 
Riku blushed suddenly; she had to giggle. "Yeah, and?" he asked.
 
"What are we hiding from?" she asked, looking at him with such a serious look. Riku looked back at her and sighed.
 
"I don't know, reality I suppose," he replied.
 
"Yeah, that is probably it," she agreed.
 
"So, what are you trying to say?" he asked, curious.
 
"We should stop hiding and come out with it. What's better than now?" Aleron said.
 
Riku's eyes widened. He looked sideways, and then back at her face. "You want us together?" he asked, making sure he understood.
 
Aleron blushed and looked away. "Yeah," she nodded.
 
He grinned, "Okay. I agree with what you're saying."
 
Aleron felt her heart stop a beat. 'No way that didn't just happen!' she thought in disbelief.
 
He pressed her back, bringing her closer to his chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around her. He heard her gasp softly. He smirked.
 
"To tell you the truth," he whispered in her ear. He stopped himself, 'Should I? What if it's stupid? No, you're together now. She should know,' he argued with himself.
 
"What is it?" Aleron whispered nervously.
 
He took a breath and continued, "I..."
 
 
Riku didn't have time to finish before all chaos broke loose. There was an explosion of blue and black smoke in the center of the room. The music halted almost abruptly. The lights flickered off. There were deafening screams all over the room, and all of the dancers scrambled over each other. Everybody cowered against the walls of the room.
 
A laughter broke the sudden silence. When the smoke faded, there was a dark figure standing in the center of it all. A long stick was visible protruding from the person.
 
"Who are you?!" Queen Enya shouted, making her way across the room.
 
"Heh, heh. I am the one that started it all," the figure said. Enya paused in shock, Matty stopped beside her.
 
"WHO are you?!" Sora yelled, running past the Queen, holding his keyblade in his hand.
 
"It ends now!" Riku hissed, leaving Aleron's side. He stood in his battle position with his blade in his hand.
 
"You!" King Mickey yelped. He had caught up with them, and upon seeing the person, he was caught off guard. "I NEVER would have thought it was YOU!" he yelled angrily.
 
"What's it, your highness?" Donald Duck quacked, catching up with the mouse. Goofy was right behind.
 
"Look for yourself," the mouse said.
 
"Huh?" Donald mumbled, and looked at the figure standing in the middle and then jumped back. "WHAT?!"
 
"How COULD you! I trusted in you!" King Mickey yelled in disbelief. "Why?!"
 
"I simply acted well. Now, you all know. I shall finish this now. No one can defeat me!" the stranger laughed.
 
Goosebumps crawled on Aleron's arms. She shivered. Hands wrapped around her left arm, she looked down. It was Kairi. She sighed.
 
"It's him," Aleron said. "It's the Sorcerer."
 
"Yen Sid, why?" King Mickey shook his head. "You leave me no choice."
 
 
 
Chapter Twenty: The Solution
 
A/N: Like I said earlier, I don't know when I will be able to type up a new chapter. I want to be able to type a long and well-detailed one since it's the last fight. I bet y'all are surprised about who the Sorcerer turned out to be! XD I bet no one thought of that!