Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Akuroku Chibi theatre ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Akuroku Chibi theatre
 
Chibi!Axel was walking along one day, searching for the meaning of life. To his consternation, he kept falling on his face, due to his cute, but stubby little legs. “Why me?” he cried. This was just too difficult, and to make matters worse, some scary men in black trench coats were whipping him, and any stragglers, to keep them moving.
 
Chibi!Axel hissed at them, and tried hiding up in a tree. Life was not very meaningful anymore. It was just the same, day after day. Moving forward, doing the bidding of the secret Org., and being whipped in the back. As he was hiding, he noticed something. There was a new Chibi among them! It was a sullen-looking boy with hair the color of golden wheat. Chibi!Axel felt his cheeks redden. He was so CUTE!
 
He clambered down the tree, escaping the ker-crack ker-crack of the Org.'s whips. They seemed annoyed at having missed his absence. Ha! Ha! Chibi!Axel thought at them. He located the adorably ruffled head he was searching for, and toddled over.
 
“HI!” he said in a friendly, but slightly overzealous way.
 
The new boy looked at him blandly, and kept walking.
 
Chibi!Axel's heart felt like it was breaking. How mean! How…. Cute. Twin rivers of tears flowed out of his Chibi aqua eyes. He'd never been totally rejected like that before. Usually, he was beating the other Org. lackeys off of him with a stick.
 
Oh, no! What if they made passes at his cute little soon-to-be friend?! Unacceptable!! Chibi!Axel would not allow this! The blonde would be HIS, and his alone! Yes, just as soon as he got the other boy to acknowledge his existence.
 
Chibi!Axel decided to go for a more direct approach. He teleported ahead, in all manner of stealthiness he possessed, in order to get ahead of the blonde. He scuttled up to a tree in the immediate path ahead of his target. Just as the blonde made it around the corner, Chibi!Axel struck a sexy pose. He flicked back his amazingly red hair, and swung his hips out as tantalizingly as possible. “Hey there,” he said in a deep Chibi voice. The blonde stopped, gave him a pitying look, and moved on.
 
Dammit! Chibi!Axel swore.
 
He stalked the new boy for the whole next week, trying everything he could think of to get a reaction, a word, or something. He wanted to be friends with him so badly! He waved his tiny Chibi fists in the air in rage. What was he doing wrong?
 
Chibi!Axel started to get depressed. After studying the blonde's daily movements, he'd discovered that the boy didn't give anyone the time of day. He frowned. He hated that all he could do is just watch. That made things worse, so he marked the horrible situation with tiny inverted teardrop tattoos he got put under his eyes. He began moping, until eventually everyone ignored him.
 
He was wandering around in misery, not bothering to avoid the ker-crack ker-crack at his back, when he came upon the new boy. He was sitting solemnly, staring at the setting sun. Chibi!Axel sank to the ground next to him, saying nothing at all. He just stared at the sunset with his sad aqua eyes. The blonde did not say anything either, but he did not leave. Chibi!Axel did not notice, but the blonde snuck glances at him as they sat together.
 
When the last colors faded from the sky, Chibi!Axel got up, and swept off into the darkness, leaving the blonde to himself.
 
He came back the next day, at the same time, and found the blonde was there. He sat next to him, again without a word, and watched the blazing reds and oranges fade to washed-out indigo.
 
The days went by like this. Everyday Chibi!Axel would come and sit next to the blonde boy, and watch the sun set. Even though no words were ever spoken, he felt as if he were finally communicating with him. Every day he looked forward to the time where they would sit in comfortable silence.
 
The blonde boy made sure that he always got there early. He didn't want to arrive late, and miss the redhead's appearance. He had become intrigued by the silent pain the other boy exhibited. He seemed different from the others, like he wasn't just out for himself. He had taken to stealing glances at him as they sat. He remembered the first time he'd seen him, the cheerful smile, and exuberant greeting. Where had that gone? The boy was so very quiet and subdued now.
 
One day, as they sat staring at the sky, the blonde was overwhelmed with the need to say something. To hear the other's voice. He turned to the redhead and cleared his throat. He held his breath, as crystalline aqua eyes looked into his. “I'm Chibi!Roxas,” he whispered, his eyes wide.
 
The redhead gave him a small smile. “I'm Chibi!Axel,” he replied quietly.
 
The blonde nodded like this was the secret to the universe, and turned back to the sky.
 
 
The next day, the blonde spoke to him again. Chibi!Roxas leaned forward, staring intently. “Why are you sad?” he asked.
 
Chibi!Axel thought for a moment before answering. “I was sad because you didn't want to be my friend.” But he wasn't as sad anymore.
 
“Oh,” Chibi!Roxas replied, “What made you think that?”
 
“You wouldn't talk to me.”
 
The blonde looked down at his own chibi hands. “I'm kind of shy,” he said, poking his stubby forefingers together nervously. “And you seemed so confident, and happy, and cool. I didn't know what to say.”
 
“But you never talked to anyone else either.” Chibi!Axel said, not quite believing the blonde yet.
 
“They're weird, and a little scary,” he mumbled.
 
“So… you want to be my friend?” Chibi!Axel said hopefully.
 
Chibi!Roxas looked startled. “C-Can I?”
 
A big smile broke out on Chibi!Axel's face. “Of course!” He held out his stubby Chibi hand to his new friend. “Together forever,” he announced as they clasped hands, making Chibi!Roxas blush.