Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Catalyst ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright Folks, I was given this challenge while at an Anime Convention, my friend loves Kingdom Hearts II a lot mainly for the fan girl dream of the Axel x Roxas pairing. So, I being an artist, I love to draw and so I love doing commission for people, but the drawing then became an idea for her wanting a doujinshi and then the fact was she was to write this but in the end I ended up making the idea and the art..blah, anyways. I hope you all enjoy Hahah and Micha! This is for you! This is the Epilogue of the story so, tell me what you think please~!! R&R!!!
Catalyst
For your everyday use, Magic.
:Chapter I:
 
"Will you stop sleeping in class! Final exams are coming up!" Growling in annoyance, the light haired professor's eyebrow twitched in both pressure and annoyance due to his short temper. Eyes falling shut and full lips parting as a heavy sigh fell past them, Xehanort flicked his chalk with excelled aim to the forehead of the sleeping student.
 
"Ack!" frowning with a gasp and half surprised expression, it then quickly faltered and a large lazy cat- like yawn then appeared onto his face. Rubbing his forehead and wiping the drool from his lips, the drowsy student looked around at his surroundings before finally acknowledging his teacher. "Roxas! Pay attention!" Narrowed eyes were fixed on the still waking Roxas showing a stoic yet stern gaze.
 
Groaning with a small pout Roxas sighed and propped his head up against his right hand starring at the professor and board in a unamused fashion.
 
As the day went by quickly just as the tired Roxas awoke, the afternoon bell tolled it's cry that informed the students and teachers that they were free to go leave the school. Except for few who heard the bell, this of course told them that they had an extra hour for studies or detention. Within the home-room classroom, Roxas and a few other students sat in their desks gathered near to each other conversing their reasons for their punishment of after-school detention comparing whose was better.
 
"So why are you in here Roxas?" Inquired a fellow classmate.
 
"Aah, pft, I was just sleeping in class and Professor Saix got mad because Finals are near, I mean c'mon, it's only the fall semester, we still have winter and summer semester, no worries." Answered a cool and calm Roxas as he grinned leaning back in his chair folding his arms behind his head.
 
"What are you talking about? Professor Xehanort's requires you to be able to do summons for battles or for use in whatever it is you may need! Were you not paying attention?! Dude, man, that class is known for being the hardest to pass! Don't you remember at Orientation?!" yelled a flustered Hayner.
 
"Oh hell!" yelled a surprised Roxas pushing up from his chair as he was sweating in nervousness to having the test tomorrow and taking the warnings of his teacher so lightly now regretting it.
 
"Wait! Wasn't there a book in the Library that had spells?" Spoke a optimistic Pence
"What good would that do Pence?" Questioned Roxas pouting as his relaxing day was shattered.
 
"Well, you could do a catalyst spell that was in the book and use that to summon!" smiled Pence as he felt achieved for his moments in the library playing video games and or getting away with extra snacking.
 
"Aah!! You're right! Thanks Pence!" Yelped a thrilled Roxas as he grinned making his hand into a fist.
 
Later, chuckles and more conversations filled the room as some were of taunts towards Roxas and his failure to make a summons for the exam even with a catalyst. Now in the large and over filled Library, Roxas wandered looking for the aiding spells. After a long moment of reading the spine of books feeling like this was the most he had ever read and not even having to open the books till finally in a far off corner there was a leather bound book. Pulling it off the shelf Roxas leaned against a near adjacent wall thumbing through the pages as each one creaked in the age, "Wow, this book has not seen the light of day."
Walking out of the Library with the book, a large and defiant grin bore onto Roxas's face making his way to the male dormitory as he opened his door closing it behind himself and locking it to not be disturbed. Flipping once more through the pages, Roxas found the catalyst spell as he noticed it's faded words and content, eyebrows furrowing with a slight pout Roxas shrugged seeing as he saw a full paragraph of the spell figuring it was the important part. Memorizing the steps and the words for the spell, Roxas grinned closing the book and hiding it as he would plan to later go in the night behind the school and practice his summoning.
 
Little did he know, Roxas would be getting into some fun trouble, if you even want to think of it as fun. And so, as nightfall came, Roxas snuck out and with his staff engraved a summoning seal into the ground behind the school, standing in the center of the engraved seal the young student held his arms out closing his eyes beginning his chant causing the runes and symbols to glow.
 
"Like the burning fires of the phoenix! I summon you! Arise from your ashes and spread your wings with the wheels of destiny, arise illuminate lexa!"
 
Eyes opening, the engraved seal would burst into flames, and with a stab of his staff into the center of the seal from the sky a single glowing feather of fire would drift to the ground and land in a dainty pose.
 
"What?! Oh c'mon, what summon is this?! A feather?" Groaning at his obvious failure to the summon Roxas pouted moving to approach the feather kneeling to poke it before it then sparked and suddenly burst forth into a large wall of fire.
 
"Aah!" Looking to the fiery wall the young boy sat up watching as a shadowed figure began to clear from the dying flames and rising smoke.
 
"Ah, damn it, who summoned me." A grouchy voice came.
 
Eyes wide, Roxas starred into a pair of human like green hued eyes, red fiery hair styled a certain way and was adorned in robes of white and red, charms hanging from his body as a small tattoo was placed beneath each eye. Obviously taller than Roxas, a small yawn pushed past the full lips of the male who stood there somewhat annoyed at his sudden awakening.
 
"Hey kid, what are you looking at." groaned the summoned male.
 
"W-who are you?" Stammered Roxas, standing up and brushing himself off, he looked at the demon god he conspicuously summoned.
 
"My name is Axel, kid and why did you summon me." Demanded the Fire demon god.
 
"My name is Roxas, not kid-" growled Roxas as he glared to the male scoffing somewhat before once more eyes widening "-wait, what?! Axel? The Fire Demon God Axel?!"
"The one and only." Grinned Axel as he folded his arms looking at the dumbfounded kid wondering how someone so dense could even summon him.
 
"Oh no." echoed in Roxas mind as he starred in Awe at the greatest mistake he ever made.
That's all for now Folks!! Please!!! Please tell me what you think!! R&R OR NO MORE FOR YOU!!...ehem...please? Hehehe. Take care everyone and thanks for reading!!
~Rosette Christopher