Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Click ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was Monday in Castle Oblivion, sometime in the middle of summer. There was nothing to do and, since he was totally bored with napping, like his comrades, Axel padded into the common room and flipped on the TV.
“Welcome” said a guy he recognized as Commander Ryker from Star Trek TNG, “to Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. This is the first episode of what will come to be your favorite show!!” The little info bar popped up and read “Marathon Starting.” Axel, intrigued, settled back on the floor with his back to the couch and started paying attention for once.
However, by he time the fifth show started rolling the situation had shifted greatly. Axel now perched on the back of the couch, one of Marluxia's plant-pot-print throw pillows in a death grip in his lap. Every light in the Castle was turned on (see “Killer Shadow Beings in House Built on Poor Townsfolk's Collective Back” skit, episode 4-792.AW) and the glowing light of the TV was lost in the brightness. Axel flinched at every lightning flash or thunderclap of the surprise rainstorm, half-expecting one of the fearsome show's “stars” to show up any second. By the time the first few heart attacks, along with the next five episodes, had passed, Axel finally remembered that the Castle now had a Real-world internet connection that he hadn't tried out, and maybe if he could just turn off the TV—yes, okay, good—and unglue himself from the back of the couch—easy, easy—he dared look under the edge, only to let out a terrified yelp as something came barreling out at him.
“Cat…” gasped Axel, stiffly stroking the latest addition to the Organization. Lexaeus's 12-week-old Bombay kitten, Twix, licked his nose obliviously. “Cat…cat…cat…” he was so relieved, he nearly fainted right there.
Wow. Who knew a few ghost shows could have such an effect?
Axel put the kitten aside and staggered up, nearly falling into the chair in front of the computer. He surfed around looking at online fireworks catalogs, wishing Nobodies could register with major credit companies. As he was fooling around on the search engine, something caught his eye.
www.Mediaminer.org
Fanfiction! Anime, game, we have Kingdom Hearts fanfics!! Visit Mediaminer! Contests, forum…
//||blah-yakketysmakketygurgle20%\\
Kingdom Hearts. That's what people referred to this dimension as, he'd learned, in the “Real” World. Why not, wondered Axel? It could be fun.