Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams of the soul Chapter 1
 
Chapter 1
 
Sora shivered as he looked at the place. Donald and goofy shivered too. The kid tagging along with them, Musouka, looked at it with wonderment and happiness lighting up his eyes. It was barren, windswept, and cold. Most of the ground was covered in snow. The ground itself was just rock. Huge formations of ice loomed up from the ground. Smaller croppings of ice dotted the hills of stone.
 
“What is this place?” asked Sora as he turned to Musouka.
 
“Home.” Musouka, or dreamer, began walking forward. But just as he did so, heartless, neoshadows, sprang up.
 
They swarmed toward Mu, even as he stumbled back. They jumped and leaped, slithering, it seemed like, over the ground like a thousand shadows cast by the sun behind moving people, but they were so much more than just that.
 
Sora barely had time to register them and draw his Keyblade before a windstorm sprang up, turning into a cyclone that tore through the ranks of the neoshadows, and left frozen forms of ice in the places the neoshadows had been.
 
Mu looked back, behind Sora. Sora looked there too. Donald and goofy spun round. A man, one man, in a white cloak and hood, stood behind them. Many symbols and designs were on his outfit, most prominent a wolf's head image on his chest. Grays eyes stared out from under the hood. In his hand, held straight up and down, was a double ended lance nearly as tall as he was.
 
“You're back. Why? And how?” the words were directed at Musouka. He ignored Sora and co. completely.
 
Musouka didn't answer right away. So Sora did. “Who are you? And how do you know Musouka?”
 
“Trespassers shouldn't speak so without first introducing themselves. I'll let Musouka introduce me, since he didn't see fit to do so before now. And then you tell me what those creatures were. And how you got here.”
 
Mu's mouth opened and closed several times before he spoke. “Wind-sama. I, I, I had to come back. To warn you.”
 
“About those creatures? What did you do?”
 
Here Sora interjected. “He didn't do anything! He just showed up, lost and afraid. And that isn't what he wanted to warn you about. Why'd you banish him for nothing! He found some weird ring, so you just up and banish him from your whole world?”
 
“I did not speak to you child, but since you can't seem to keep quiet, I will let you explain what those creatures are, and what this warning is. As for my actions, didn't Musouka tell you? He chose to leave. We did not cast him out.”
 
At this, Sora turned round. Goofy, however, spoke first. “Gawsh, is that true Mu?”
 
“Yes. When you jumped to that conclusion, I didn't get a chance to correct you. And then I was afraid you might not take me back here if you knew I chose to leave.” He averted his eyes. “I'm sorry.”
 
Sora, mouth slightly agape, shivered again, the fact of the cold suddenly returning to him with far greater intensity. But there seemed a malice behind it. He fell to his knees, the cold weighing him down greatly.
 
The stranger, he whom Mu had called Wind, looked with a slight evidence of worry on his face at Sora. Then with suspicion, caution, at the place about them. “This is not the best place to talk. There is some fell spirit in the air. Come, we will go to the village.”