Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams of the Soul chapter 2
 
“Better? Then let us begin.” They were seated inside a tent with fur floors, and a roaring fire in the center. There was a table at one side, at which nearly all sat. The stranger from before, now introduced to Sora and Co. as Cody Windine, and “The North Wind” sat next to a large wolf, which seemed barely awake. Only Sora, Donald, and Goofy seemed nervous with the wolf around. The others simply accepted its presence, and showed the same reverence to it that they showed to Cody, as that is what he had asked to be called during the private discussion. Also present where Musouka, Sora and Co., and two tribal elders. “Please start with the name of the creatures out there. And tell us what they were. We have not encountered their like before.”
 
Sora answered. “They're called heartless. They are what is leftover when someone loses their heart to the darkness. They are those without hearts. The one's you say are a more powerful form of base of all heartless, Neoshadows. Shadows are the basic, and weakest, heartless.”
 
“I take it then that heartless are not very strong at their most basic stage. I exerted what amounts to no effort to destroy those things.”
 
“Well, actually, there are lots of stronger kinds. The real problem is that there are so many heartless. Thousands, millions of them.”
 
Here Donald added, “Yeah, they never seem to stop coming. We can take em, but there are just so many. And all their hearts go to Kingdom Hearts when they are destroyed by the Keyblade.”
 
At the words Kingdom Hearts, one of the two elders had sat straight in his chair and leaned forward attentively, a surprised look upon his face. When Donald finished speaking, with the word Keyblade, he had practically flown out of his chair and onto his feet. “The Keyblade! What do you know of it? How do you know of Kingdom Hearts?!?”
 
Sora grinned rather sheepishly and looked at Mu. Goody spoke up. “Well Gawsh, Sora is The Keyblade master.”
 
The Elder nearly fainted. The other caught him. Cody spoke this time. What is the Keyblade, and how do you come to be the master of this weapon, that has so terrified the esteemed Elder Collivan. Also, Iceberg,” here he indicated the wolf lying beside him, “Wishes to know if you have this Keyblade with you.
 
It was no one who was supposed to be in that room that answered. A rather hissing voice, with a strange Accent, answered, saying, “They Keyblade bees they weapon with thee power to both ssave the world, and destroy et. How he come to be ets massster, papss he con tell you in a sshort manner.”
 
Everyone in the room whorled round at this, to find a man seated behind them, partly in the shadows. His face was something that might remind one of a snake, however, it struck no fear into one, despite the breathe of darkness on his breathe. The eyes were green, and he wore robes of blue, green, and black, with the sash that connected to a scabbard and sword, a katana, which was black and blue itself.
 
“Corim. It has been a long time.” Cody spoke, his voice sounding warm, joyous, like when one greets and old friend they have not seen for a great length of time, perhaps because that is indeed what it was, the greeting of a long gone old friend.
 
“indeed, et hasss, my friend. But the catching up must wait. First, the Keyblade wielder musts sshow usss hiss sword, and tell usss hiss tale.”
 
Sora stuttered for a moment, and then began his tale, interjected at times by Donald and goofy. He left out nothing, believe that if he did, it would be known, and not welcomed kindly. At the end of the tale, which including the meeting of Mu upon Destiny island, and their time together, including a visit to Hollow bastion, and eventually coming back here, to “The Land of the Winds,” he brought out his Keyblade. The keychain upon it was the kingdom key.
 
Collivan stood up to examine it as it seemed to materialize in Sora's hand. He took it from Sora with great reverence. “The Fabled Keyblade, that which can both save and destroy all. I never thought to see it in my day. And you say there are two more out there? Incredible! And yet so terrifying, for if three Keyblades existence, perhaps it signals the end of all times. Certainly the appearances of so many powers seeking Kingdom hearts and the destruction of worlds can mean only that.”
 
The younger elder, Selvin, said, “Perhaps it may also signify the coming of a new and brighter age. Must not a Dark time always proceed a brighter, happier time? That is how it has always been.”
 
Cody, wishing to steer the conversation a little back on course, turned to face Musouka, who had yet to say a word. “Mu, please bring out your dreamer's ring. I know you still possess it.”
 
Mu nodded, bringing forth from a pocket a strange ring. Set into it was a green gem, a peridot, which the silver like metal of its making rose to enclose it seemed. Upon one side was the design of a dragon. Upon the other side, an angel.
 
When the ring was brought forth, 1 thing happened to four different things. Cody's Lance like weapon, which we will shall call a lance for the sake of simplicity, began to glow with gray light and white and blue light, while Corim's sword exuded black, green, and blue light(yes, black light, just thing of it as swirling darkness coming from the weapon), the Keyblade shown golden, and The ring black and white. There was a sudden flash of Black and white, which momentarily blinded everyone, and then it disappeared. For a moment it seemed as if nothing had changed. Then all within saw that a blade had appeared before Musouka. It revolved slowly in the air for a few moments.
 
The blade was undoubtably a Keyblade, for it bore all the signatures of one, including something to represent the “teeth” of the key, and the ring for a keychain. The blade was not thick, nor was it very wide, though it was wider that it was thick. One side the Keyblade, the left side when the “teeth” pointed up, was an angel. That is too say, it was white, with a white angelic like wing, exuded light, and peace, and hope, and bore markings often associated with angels, strings seemed to run from tip to hilt, with two hands seeming as though they played upon the strings. An angel's face seemed sometimes to appear to be in the tip, the point of the blade. The blade was colored mostly in white on this side, with silver and blue highlighting it. The other side of the blade was like a dragon, with what seemed a dragon's wing, claws engraved upon its side, coming out slightly near the end, and part of the face of a dragon at the point, with red eyes. This side was black, and red, and gold. The most curious thing about the blade was that it was disproportional, that is, one side did not fit the proportions of the other, and even when one faced the blade head-on, and could see some of both sides. However, when looking from a single side, one could not see the other side at all, despite the disproportions. Certainly there was some mystery to this.
 
Even as the blade settled into the hands of Musouka, a thunderous explosion could be heard from outside, and screams echoed through the tent. All ran from the tent, save the wolf, who had ignored the blade completely and run even as the ring was brought out, sensing the danger before anyone else could.