Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Chapter 4 Twilight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams of The soul chapter 4
 
Twilight
 
“Sorry I'm late guys. My mom made me clean dishes.”
 
“Jeez, Pence. Your mom is always making you clean dishes. We're gonna be late for the struggle tournament!”
 
“Oh calm down Hayner. You'll get there in plenty of time.”
 
“Well, yeah, maybe. Say… hey what the hell!” Hayner jumped back, along with Pence and Ollete. A circle of blue energy had appeared within the center of the “Usual Spot.” The energy swirled round and round, and then three figures, one kneeling it seemed, appeared and coalesced into three people. Hayner, Pence, and Ollete jumped back another step. Then Hayner took a half step forward.
 
“Sora?”
 
Sora looked up, right at Hayner, realizing he was there for the first time. “Wha, Hayner! Pence! Ollete! What are you doing here?”
 
Pence blinked, then crossed his arms. “We always hang out here. What are you doing here, and who are they?” here he indicated Corim and Musouka, the two that had arrived with him through the portal.
 
“Huh? What are you.., oh. I guess this is the Usual Spot huh? Oh, and this is Musouka,” He pointed at Mu, then switched to Corim, “And this is Corim.”
 
“Hi. You're Hayner then? I heard you were pretty good with a struggle bat.” Musouka smiled, his strange black and white eyes shining with warmth.
 
Hayner started at those eyes for just a second, then smiled and held out his hand. “Actually, I'm the current champ. I'm not just pretty good. Speaking of which, come on, the next tournament starts tonight. There are a bunch of new contestants, and they seem pretty good. This Xonic kid is supposed to have wiped out Seifer. Let's go!”
 
Sora checked with Corim, who nodded. “I've wanted to see this “Struggle” tournament since I heard your story. I think Yen Sid will not mind that wait.”
 
They charged off to the sandlot for the tournament.
 
Hayner's first match was against a kid named Draco. Seifer was Facing the Xonic kid in the next match.
Hayner actually had a pretty hard time with this one. He charged, he twirled, and he leaped, but he couldn't quite hit the kid. Inside of 30 seconds, Hayner had lost half his orbs, the other guy had half Hayner's orbs. Then Hayner pulled a fast one, and landed a solid blow. He followed it up with a slash, then a second, a jab, then and uppercut, and not only knocked off some orbs, but actually regained all of his, and then some. After that first strike, he lost a few more orbs, but the clock barely beat Draco to the punch, and just as he was about to knock off enough orbs to take the lead, time ran out. He and Hayner shook hands, then he walked off toward a kid in a black jumpsuit.
 
It turned out that was Xonic. Xonic walked onto the platform while Sora, Mu, Pence, and Ollete were patting Hayner on the back and saying things like, “Way to go Hayner. Gee, that was Close. He almost had you. Way to show em!”
 
Seifer walked onto the platform. He sneered at Xonic, and then Proceeded to get his rear handed to him. This is where the problem started. Corim noticed it first, a disturbance in the air. He Put his hand on Mu's Shoulder, leaned down, and whispered in his ear, “Be warned, there iss ssomething amisssssssss.”
 
Mu nodded, and nudged Sora and told him and Hayner both. Just at about that time Somebody hit Sora from behind, stabbing him in the arm while he was at it. The Strange thing, which wore a cloak just like Xaltaire, jumped on the Stage and charged at the Combatants. Xonic and Seifer both jumped back, and the little Thing leaped all the way on to the top of a building in one bound. There it turned and danced around.
 
“See, see! I did it, I did it. I stole the keychains, and the power. Not all the power, no, but some, some! I did, I did! See!” he held out a set of keychains in his hand, all of which had come from Sora's pockets, and danced round gleefully.
 
“Hey give those back! And what did you stab my arm for?” The wound did not bleed. Instead, a strange energy flowed out for a bit, then seemed to disappear, only to appear again round the Dagger in the Theif's other hand.
 
“I did both because I was told too. I am the Great thief, Irubexin. You can't catch me! Never see them again, no you won't. Scatter them to across the worlds I will! See? They go now! Go, Scatter cross the Worlds!” With that command, the Keychains glowed, and disappeared.
 
Mu turned to Sora. “did he get them all?”
 
“yeah, even took ultima, which was attached to the Keyblade. I just have the Kingdom Chain left. Hey, what the!?” As he said that, two keychains appeared in his hand, Bond of Flame, and oathkeeper.
 
“A gift from Kairi, namine, Roxas, and Axle, I think.” It was Corim who spoke. “Both are linked to Each in a way, are they not? Especially Roxas?”
 
Sora, Silent for a moment, nodded. Hayner, Pence, and Ollete, forgotten for the moment, just stared, with confused looks on their faces.
 
“What are you talking about? And what is going on?” asked Hayner.
 
“yeah, what are those? What do they have to do with Kairi, and why do I feel like I've heard the name Roxas before?” this from Ollete. Pence stayed silent.
 
“Hey, are you just going to ignore me? After I Stole your power and your keychains? Some people you are! Sheesh, what else do I have to do for attention, call heartless and nobody down on the crowd? Then fine, I will! Come one boys, get em!”A large number of Dusks, and Gamblers appeared, along with a kind of Nobody that shall be refered to as Thief in the singular. It had a small body, small hands, and seemed fast. It would twist and bend like a dusk, but the hands seemed to steal a little bit of people when it touched them. One hand carried a long thin knife. Shadows appeared as well.
 
The heartless swarmed at the crowd. Seifer and his gang tried to get in the way, but were knocked down right off. Struggle bats were no good against the creatures. Xonic didn't move from his spot, but instead guns appeared at his wrists, that fired lasers at the Nobodies. Draco, on the side, pulled out, of all things, a Keyblade, and charged into the swarm. The two combined their power to beat back the heartless around Seifer. Mu, not waiting for Sora, had already charged in and was wreaking havoc among the Theifs, who could not seem to escape him. The shadows too met their end at on his Keyblade.
 
Sora turned to Hayner, Pence and Ollete. “Stay here, and don't let them touch you. Struggle bats won't work on them.”
 
Sora charged in. Corim had appeared in the middle of the group of nobodies closest to the crowd, and his katana wreaked havoc there. He also used a new attack, one that hurled water at the nobodies. When it hit, they steamed, and burned, and more than one appeared to melt.
 
Unfortunetly for Hayner, Pence, and Ollete, they were not ignored, nor was Hayner willing to back down. When two dusks came after them, Hayner charged in. “You aren't getting close!” he shouted at he swung his struggle bat. It did not good, blows that should have landed were avoided. Blows that did land, passed right through. He was hit and flew back into the arms of Ollete and Pence. The dusks charged. Hayner stood, and tried to block. “No you don't!” he shouted, then a light flashed. When it disappeared, Hayner also was holding a Keyblade. This Keyblade had the hilt of a kingdom key, but the blade was more like an enlarged struggle bat, even the color, and the teeth were actually an axehead. Hayner parried a strike, the lashed out with the blade without a thought, bashing the Dusk to the side. He whirled and hit the second dusk, this time with the axe blade, and cleaved through it, destroying it. He leaped and hit the second dusk, taking it down too.
 
Hayner wasn't the only one to get a new weapon. Seifer had what looked like a gunblade, And rai had a weighted staff. Fuu and vivi also appeared to be fighting again, though with what, Pence could not tell. The little thief danced in rage atop the roof as the Many warriors shredded the ranks of the heartless and nobodies. Then he had to stop dancing, since it is very difficult to do so with the blade of a katana at your throat. Corim grinned down at him.
 
“I have you now, My leetal thief.”
 
“Actually, ya don't! Hee hee hee hee!” He vanished in a flash of light, only to appear on the platform again. He waved, saying, “Bye bye, nice to steal from you!” and leaped into a portal of darkness.
 
Sora and Mu ran over. Xonic, Draco, Corim, and Siefer's gang also arrived. Hayner was the one to speak. “Well, that was interesting” As he grinned and put his hand to the back of his head and rubbed.