Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ The Book ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams of the Soul, chapter 7
 
The book
 
When the 6 reached the bottom of the tower, one of the 3 good fairies appeared. “hold on a moment dears, Master Yen Sid has a few more pieces of information for you. If didn't want to tell earlier, because he believed that you were being watched, but he is now sure that for the moment, no one is listening. Here dear, he wants you to have this. Read it and pass it around. It contains some information and instructions for you. Well, tataa!”
 
Sora, took the book, and opened to the first page. It read as follows, `first Sora, you can still use your forms even without Donald and goofy. I believe you are strong enough to do so. You will discover how as you journey. Musouka, you also have forms. You are made in part of Riku's perceptions of Sora, and so share similarities, such as forms, with him. You also share the darkness with Riku. Be warned of this. Finally, the following pages contain symbols, each representing a member of your party or someone close to you. There are 12 symbols. That means that there are 6 more people to find. The book will glow when you meet one. Open to the page glowing to discover their symbol.
 
PS take the portal in the base hall to Radiant Garden. Corim should be able to open it. I do not know precisely where you will end up.'
 
Sora cheered up greatly, though he was a little confused, and passed the book round to the others so all could read. As each received the book, their symbol lit up. When corim received the book, it grew dark, seeming to suck in light. He handed the book back to Sora.
 
Corim walked to the middle of the floor, and drew his katana. Then he stuck it in the ground in the center of the floor, and grasped the hilt. “everyone must hold onto me or one of the others. All of you that can, invision Radiant Garden in your minds.” The floor lit up, glowing, and they are disappeared.
 
 
Christina looked down as something started glowing. The generator room energy was spiking. A circle appeared on the floor. She ran off to get Aereth.
 
 
Musouka looked around. It looked like a generator room. All six of them stared around.
 
“It's the generator room. We're at the study! Hey, maybe you can all meet Tron! Come on!” Sora took off for the elevator, but just as he was about to reach it a guy in an organization XIII coat appeared from above, and held out a long sword in an en guard position. The book glowed. Sora reached in and pulled it out, looked at the guy, looked at the book.
 
A voice came from above. “Ray, stand down. Aereth says he's a friend.”
 
The hooded figure relaxed his posture, but didn't lower his sword. “Ray, Stand down now. That's an order. If you want to stick with me, you'd best start following them.”
 
Another guy hopped down, then the elevator opened and Aereth, a younger girl, and sid walked out. “Well howdy! Long time Sora. Who're the friends?” they walked up and stood behind the other two. The unknown man nodded at them. He was wearing a long blue coat, and he had holsters at the hips. He wore tight sleeves that seemed to conceal something.
 
Sora smiled and waved to aereth, then turned round and introduced his six companions. “This is Draco. That's Xonic. He's Hayner, you know Musouka, and this is what amounts to our guide I guess, his name is Corim.”
 
Corim, silent, nodded. Hayner smiled and brushed his hair back with his hand, Xonic and Draco eyed each other, then the younger girl, and Mu just smiled.
 
The book glowed more insistently. Infact, three pages were glowing. “um, just a sec.” sor opened to the first page, a person emerging, looking like new, from something. The next page was a bird of prey. The last a purple heart. “Uh, anyone of you understand any of these symbols. It's kinda important.” He passed the book to Christina, who had walked forward.
 
“I'll take it. So, your Sora?” She asked as she took the book. The first two glowing pages ceased their glow. Only the purple heart continued to glow. “well, I get this feeling like I know it, but, I don't understand it. What does it mean?”
 
Mu spoke. “well, those symbols represent each of the people that are supposed to go with us on this adventure. I'm the symbol of a black and white heart. Your symbol is the purple heart. One of the others is a bird of prey, and the last is, well, we aren't sure if it's a new born being, and reborn being, or what.”
 
The unknown man stepped forward. Ray followed. “my name is Eagle. An Eagle is a bird of prey. I'm guessing I'm your man.” He took the book and his belief was confirmed. Ray looked down at the book, and the last symbol started glowing a little.
 
He took it when he noticed this, and he found himself staring at the final symbol. “I guess I'm number 3. cool.”