Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Tower ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams of the Soul chapter 6
 
Tower
 
“Let's see. A key. That must be Sora. Next is a heart divided into black and white. I believe that is the young man Musouka. Hmmm, This next one is interesting. The Seat of Judgment, but his Sword is missing. The young man Hayner? Yes, that's it. Now, who is this?” Yen Sid poured over his crystal ball, looking at the images, symbols, of those destined to save the universe from this current Crisis. “a strange Cloak. Ah yes, the young man Xonic. A dragon. This one is Easy. Draco. A black serpent on Water? Corim. Next, a black heart? No, a heart struggling against the darkness within. Riku. Who's this? A purple heart? The red heart sought by two, that's Kairi, but I don't know the purple. Nor this Bird of Prey. A reborn being? A fused being? I do not know these signs.”
 
He switched to a set of books, and began looking up each member identified one by one, and recording information. “Musouka. Black Hair, spiky, but shorter than Sora's. One eye is black, the other white. About 5'8”. Wears clothes that have lime green symbols, is divided black, and white, with the designs on the white side being black, on the black side being white. Weapon: a Keyblade as yet unnamed. Good. Hayner… weapon: a Keyblade that has something to do with Judgment and his sword. Perhaps it is the reincarnation of Judgment's blade? That just might be it. The next, Draco. 5'6”, with a blue and a red eye, and black hair. Average build and weight. Clothes include almost anything with a dragon, mostly t-shirts, shirts, and jeans. Weapon: absolution, a powerful Keyblade. Next is Xonic. The Dark blade, twin wrist guns, and a twilight mystery keyblade. Ex-leader of organization rogue retribution. I see, so he is NOT a nobody. Now, Corim. Most interesting. So he is connected to that young lady, and THAT young man. Greatest warrior of the Darkness yet living in the world of the light. He believes in the balance of light and dark, and will destroy any disharmony. Weapon: Misuto kurai(dark mist). A katana of both water and darkness. So that is his power. Very dangerous indeed.”
 
He leaned back in his chair and sighed. “they will be here soon. They will have many questions. And I do not have all the answers. But, at least they shall not leave unprepared.”
 
*
 
Sora led the way up the tower. Hayner and Musouka brought up the rear. Xonic and Draco followed Corim who was behind Sora. Unlike the previous visit, there were no heartless within the tower.
 
Sora reached the door to the study, and was about to knock. The door, however, appeared to have other ideas. There, behind his desk, sat Yen Sid himself. Everyone bowed once they had entered, at least after a moments hesitation. Sora spoke for them all. “Um, We came to ask if you could tell us about these Dreamer's sir, and the threat they pose.”
 
Yen Sid, looked at each of them in turn, staring them in the eyes. Of them, only Xonic and Corim could return that gaze unflinching. It seemed only those who had walked in darkness and come out again could ever withstand THAT gaze. “I know what you seek, but I cannot tell you all the answers. I can, however, give you some information on yourselves you did not know, and something about the origin's of dreamers, just as I told you once of the origin's of Nobodies. Dreamer's are those born out of the nightmares of children, and those people, who are whole, that posses great strength of heart. They are often a sinister, or evil, reflection of someone much loved, admired, or sometimes those feared most by that person. It is those born of the minds of the strong hearted you need fear most.”
 
He sat up straighter, and an image appeared of a creature, ethethral, that seemed to waver and float. which slowly revolved. “before I continue, you must also know of their counterpart, the dreamed one. A Dreamed one is a creature born of the good dreams of children, and only children. Dreamed one's have no physical body. They posses only a soul, and a heart. They are ethereal beings, who do good in the world, and are rarely seen. They posses much power for healing and good. However, if ever one loses its heart, it's soul will twist and corrupt, and die. its heart will create for itself a physical body, and become a heartless, and one of the great ones at that.. It will go forth seeking only to destroy It can only be destroyed, not saved, nor controlled. It seeks out the the person that gave birth to it by that person's dreams, and will try to destroy them. You have faced one before, Sora, twice I believe.” The Image became the Heartless that Sora had first fought upon Destiny islands the day he received the Keyblade.
 
That image disappeared, and a new one took it's place, that of Xaltaire. “A dreamer is born from a Nightmare, as I said. They are created without hearts. They have great cunning, power, and intellect. Essentially, they are supremely more powerful than the nobodies that comprised organization XIII, in most cases. Though it would appear some are still not strong enough to defeat two Keyblade masters. Have I answered some of your questions?”
 
Mu stepped forward. “Sir. Am I a Dreamer?”
 
Yen Sid frowned, sighed, and nodded. “Yes, Musouka, you are a dreamer. You are also, I think, a dreamed one. You have a heart, and a physical body, and a soul. Ah yes, I had forgotten about your ring. You have heard it speak to you, yes?”
 
Musouka stopped short, his heart skipped a beat, and then, swallowing, he nodded. Sora, Hayner, infact all but Corim were shocked. “I heard it tell me what to do to block that energy cyclone attack. In my head.”
 
“The ring you have is of the same kind that is used by all dreamers. It marks you undoubtedly as a dreamer, for a ring such as that, only a dreamer or dreamed one could even touch, and only a dreamer could wield it. Each ring is a different size, shape, and color, and posses different markings. Each ring is unique to the dreamer. And, each ring is what gives that dreamer its power, its weapon. Each weapon is as unique as the ring, an is usually a reflection, not of the dreamer, but of whoever made the dreamer. Your weapon is a full fledged Keyblade, containing within itself the power to save or destroy the world. Just like Sora and Riku's blades. In fact, my theory is that you are a combination of a dreamed one, and a dreamer, created by the two of them. How, I do not know. I do not even know how the power of the heart of a child, or of a any heart, can create a dreamed one or a dreamer, or why it does so, only that it does.”
 
He turned to look at Hayner, Xonic, and Draco. “While we are on the subject of keyblades, some of you will be wondering about your own blades. First I must inform you that you do not posses keyblades in the same category as the blades of Sora, Riku, Musouka, or young King Mickey. Your keyblades are of the kind that has thus far once before been wielded, by a young girl named Kairi. Her Keyblade was a reflection of herself, and was created by the will of her heart to fight and protect those she loved. Riku used the power of darkness to bring it forth into this world and reality. Having happened once, it was a much simpler matter for the 3 of you. Your keyblades, created by the strength of your hearts, are the truest weapon of your heart, made for you that you might accomplish the purpose in your heart. They do not posses the power to save or destroy the world on their own, and only you have the ability to wield them. I believe a few other people also have such keyblades, I must add.” He turned to Hayner, looking at Musouka out of the corner of his eye. “Hayner, do you know the name of your Keyblade?”
 
Hayner was surprised by this question. “Its name? I, uh, I don't know. How do I find out? Do you know?”
 
Yen Sid smiled, shaking his head. “You must look inside yourself. The name is there, you need only find it.”
 
Hayner blinked, scratched his head, and called forth his keyblade. He looked at it intensely, then scratched his head thoughtfully.
 
“Tokoyonokuni. The word means both heaven and hell.” It wasn't Hayner that spoke. It was Musouka. “that is the name of my blade. But not the only name. it is also called Balancer. Tokoyonokuni balancer. That is the full name.”
 
Everyone but Hayner looked at Musouka. Yen Sid spoke. “ah, good, I was hoping you too would find the name of your blade.”
 
“I've got it!” Hayner's yell startled everyone. They looked back at him. “The name, I know the name! Sabaki! It means Judgment. I don't know how I know that, but I do!”
 
Yen Sid nodded again, smiling. “good, to know the name of the blade is to be able to unlock its power. Now, there is one last matter to address. Sora, your power was stolen, wasn't it? Along with your keychains?”
 
Sora held the spot on his arm where he had been stabbed when this was brought up. Then he nodded, bringing out his three remaining keychains. “I got back two of them. Bond of Flame, and oathkeeper. Corim said it had to do with the bonds between namine and roxas, kair and me, and axel and roxas. Or really, that's what I think he meant.” He looked at Corim, who nodded.
 
“It does. The bond between namine and roxas and Kairi and you is what brought Oathkeeper back to you, because it represents that bond, that promise. It is the bond between roxas and axel, the only true friendship I have ever witnessed between nobodies, something that shouldn't have been possible for those who have no emotions, that brought back Bond of Flame to you. Use both well. As for the claim of power stolen from you, I believe you noticed it was true when you fought the Nobodies in Twilight town?”
 
Sora nodded. “yeah, my combos were shorter, like I didn't have the skill to pull off one more move before the finisher, I got hit easier, it hurt more, and I didn't hit as hard.”
 
Yen Sid nodded understandingly. “it stole from you your experience in combat, the growth of your years. You may regain some of that, including extending your combinations again, throughout the coming journey. I suggest you go to Radiant Gardens next. I do not know who it is, but I believe there are people there who you must find, that will join you on this journey. Unlike before Sora, you almost alone in this fight. All together, you will be very strong.”
 
The 6 talked with Yen Sid for a while more, then, paying their respects, all left. No one, not even Yen Sid, had seen the shadow watching and listening. Ajax grinned as he sent his report back to his boss.