Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Triple Threat ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9 Triple Threat part 1
 
A flash of light and the seven of them appeared in the I/O Tower. They nodded, dashed out the door, and didn't encounter any heartless. DF grinned.
 
“you know, I was serious when I said, “make me a sandwiche.” I'm hungry.”
 
Mu laughed as they raced off toward the central computer core. “We'll clear out those blank programs so the DTD can get running.” He called back to the others before the hallway spilt. He ran off, followed by Xonic and DF. They reached the Solar Sailor, and hopped on.
 
DF set to getting it running. “Hey, I can't command the heartless while I'm distracted with the controls. So you two have to handle those.”
 
Xonic nodded. “Shouldn't be a problem for the two of us. Eh Mu?”
 
Mu, instead of nodding, pointed Tokoyonokuni past Xonic's head and said, “Destroyer, Obliterate.” A beam of red energy shot out the blade as Xonic was whirling to face the heartless he had just noticed. It was about to behead him with an energy blast of its own when Musouka's shot took it through the core.
 
“Thanks Mu. But why didn't you warn me?”
 
“It was about to take off your head. If I'd warned you, my shot wouldn't have been fired in time.”
 
“oh, well, there's another one behind you.” He leaped over Mu's head and cut it into 4 pieces with his two swords.
 
“nice.” Mu set to, eliminating heartless next to Xonic.
 
They finally arrived at the core. All three hopped off. DF spoke up. “nice fighting back there. But wait till you see what I can do.”
 
They ran inside, only to find a bunch of what looked like windows. Cept the window glass wasn't clear but white. They charged in. Hacking, slashing, slicing, dicing, cutting, jabbing, stabbing. There seemed no end. Even the few heartless DF summoned couldn't seem to make headway. Xonic had an idea. “They're programs, right? Bet they don't like water.” He shot ice up into the air. Then he hit the Ice with a Fire attack. It melted, dripping water down over the programs. Mu realized almost too late that water would also mess up the Core. So he shot forward, flying, and put up a shield over the core's center with the words, “Savoir, defend!” after the programs were destroyed, DF used his strange Double Helix blade to absorb the water, and, as he put it, “put it where they don't get enough.”
 
Just then an Image of Tron appeared nearby. It wasn't the real tron, but a holographic display. “Good job you three. Corim and Eagle cleared the Generator, and the DTD is running. Stay there to make sure nothing happens, and I'll call you again once I've eliminated the Virus in the system that's creating the blanks and got you the info. Shouldn't be too long.”
 
The three looked at each other, nodded, and then gave a leaping high five, even the usually solemn Xonic.
 
Part 2
 
Corim and Eagle arrived in the power core to find heartless all about. The first order of business then, was to kill the heartless. Eagle went into one of his dances, sliding, dashing, spinning, all the while firing his guns. Corim slide in slicing, moving and twirling in his own mad dance of the sword. He sliced.
 
He punched.
 
He cut a shadow's head off.
 
He stabbed an enemy through the head.
 
A wave of water sliced the air.
 
Lightning blasted a berserker.
 
Corim twirled to a stop, the battle down.
 
The man in black leapt over a dusk, frying it with electricity in the process. He turned and sliced through the next dusk as his feet smashed a dancer in the face, taking it down as the lightning poured into it. A cable shot out, grabbing a sorcerer, and electricity shot through the cable to fry the sorcerer. A spinning attack took out two theifs and a creeper, as well as connecting the cable to a samurai. A twilight thorn stood up. The man, wearing the same robes as had Xaltaire, looked at it, and grinned. He set his right arm, held it with his left, and charged lightning to it. He charged it up till the lightning ran steadly from his elbow to his palm, and back, then he charged. He jumped, in one bound, all the way to the things head, and planted his right palm to the head, whispering something as he did so, but just what he said, the observer could not see.
 
Akaxak smiled. “Well down Doxcy, an excellent display of your power.”
 
As Akaxak said this, another figured tried to sneak up on Doxcy. He thought he had been undetected. He was wrong. Luckily for him, he wasn't dead wrong. He got close though. Doxcy suddenly flipped back, and flipped around, and did a back flip again, but this time, his feet caught the man under his chin, locked it, and tossed him up and over with tremendous force. He landed on his back, and found a bracer blade held point straight to his throat, Doxcy using one arm to hold himself over the guy.
 
“I may be blind, ajax, but I will still find you each and every time.” He used his arm to spring back onto his feet as Ajax got up.
 
“I'm here with a report from Naxcerfs, Sir.” He bowed to the Akaxak, and pulled off his hood. He was black, with hair shaved to the point of near bladness. He had a single hoop earing on his left ear. He eyes were blue.
 
Akaxak sat in a chair with eight legs, and spiders as the arm rests. A great web stretched behind me. On it was a large spider. A colossal spider. The room had a giant floor, where Doxcy had been fighting. Behind and to the left of the chair was an instrument panel. At it sat another hooded figure. Akaxak turned to this figure. “Record the report, Lyxter.”
 
“Sir.” Was all Lyxter said.
 
Ajax began.
 
Corim watched eagle as he set up the panels, and powered up the generator. It sank into the floor. About two minutes later, a holographic image of Tron appeared. “Good work, the power is back. Musouka, Xonic, and DF have finished their task too. I'm transmitting the data to sid as we speak. As soon as i've finished, we can all head for the i/o tower.”
 
A few minutes later, tron appeared again. “finished. I'll send you back from the I/O tower.”
 
Corim and eagle were the second group back. Tron was already there with Sora. Musouka, DF and Xonic arrived moments later.
 
“good work guys. I've set up security measures so that doesn't happen again. Sid has all the data I do now, on the dreamers. Unfortunetly, there wasn't much. He can tell you about when you get back.”
 
Sora waved bye to tron. So did Musouka and DF. Xonic, Eagle, and Corim said nothing. The six of them warped back out.