Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Merlin's House ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11 Merlin's House
 
Once everyone was at Merlin's, there were about 16 of them, since Yuffie and Merlin were there, Sora retold everything that had happened since they had met Musouka, with help from Musouka himself, as well as Hayner and DF. DF also explained a bit about himself. Then Sora handed him the book, and sure enough, his page was shining like the sun. Once Sora had the book back, it stopped glowing. “Well, that's 11 of us. The book has twelve symbols. I guess we'll meet the last person as we go.”
 
Merlin stood up. “Well boys, I'm sure you will. Now, I believe Riku had some information from the king, and sid is carrying the data from Ansem's Computer. Shall we continue with that? Sid?”
 
“Yeah yeah old man, I'm putting `er on screen.”
 
The Information appeared on screen. There wasn't a whole lot, but, what there was had vast implications. It read as follows
 
“The Dream Family is an Organization composed a Dreamers, beings born of Nightmares. They are extremely powerful. While these beings appear to most to be nobodies, since they have no hearts, they are far more. Dreamers exist, whereas nobodies do not truly exist. The Sole purpose of the Dream Family is to serve they're leader, who's name is not recorded here, because it is not known. His purpose, I believe, is to …. I am sorry, but I have no more time for this, and so this is all the information I can record.”
 
“Well that's strange. Some of the data is missing entirely. Erased beyond recovery. I doubt it was even on the harddrive anymore.”
 
Ray spoke up. “Well, that was useless. I didn't tell us anything.”
 
Xonic replied. “Sure it did. The Dream Family serves the Leaders purpose.”
 
Ray defended himself. “I meant it didn't tell us anything we can use right now. It didn't tell us what that purpose was!”
 
Musouka stepped in. “Well yeah, so we'll just have to go off what we do know.”
 
“Yeah, and maybe my message from the king can help to. I know it'll give us a place to start.” Riku said, standing up. “So here it is. `Dear Friends, I'm sorry I can't join you on this most important quest. But there are things I have to look into, things I need to check, things only myself, Donald, and Goofy can do. I have been in touch with my old Master, and I think Riku will be needed by all of you in this battle. I'm sorry I can't tell you more, but, I think there are things happenings at Olympus coliseum. You should check there first. I hope that everything will be well, and we will meet again, and your new companions too. King Mickey.' That's all he wrote. Like I said, a place to start.”
 
There was a sob heard near the back. Christina was crying, though tears of sadness, worry, or joy, no one could tell. “My Home…, my parents, I'll get to see them again! But, but why did it have to be there that things are starting?” Tears flowed down her face.
 
Corim bent down and laid a tentative hand on her shoulder. “worry not. I know your mother well, I have fought many times beside her, boss. And I know she is strong. The same can be said for your father. He is not the favored warrior of Ares for nothing. No harm shall come to them. And They shall let no harm come to their home.”
 
Sora spoke up. “yeah, and Hercs there too! And we'll be there soon to. Then you can stop whatever it is yourself, with us.”
 
“Yeah!” Shouted Draco.
 
“Right” nodded Xonic.
 
“Let's roll!” Smiled Ray
 
“Hit it hard.” Cheered DF
 
“Hades won't know what hit him!” Said Sora
 
“Those dreamers don't stand a chance!” Roared Musouka.
 
Riku said, “Let's go then! The Gummi ship will get us there in no time, and it can fit all of us.”
 
Musouka spoke up. “But, wouldn't the portal be faster?”
 
Corim shook his head. “I am the only one who can work it, and it can't transssport ssso many at one time. And the portalssss take a long time to recharge. Better and sssssafer to sssstay together in thisss ssship of yoursss.”
 
“Ah, Just a minute boys. I want to see Sora and Musouka, each in turn, before you go.” Merlin said, as Draco was about to rush out the door with Mu and Xonic.
 
“Now, Sora, I'd like to check how your magic…”
 
After he finished with Sora, he turned to Musouka, and spoke with him at length. It was about his dragon Form as he had Dubbed it. It was fueled by rage, and darkness. It clouded his judgment, and his speed, his agility, his skill. In exchange, he gained huge amounts of power. He could easily tear apart something like a berserker in one hit in this form. Several of them, hammers or no. along with his allies. It was pure power, and darkness, and he could drown in it if he kept that form too long, stayed angry too long. But nobody else heard this, except Corim. Corim already knew it. When it was darkness you dealt with, in its true from, few new more than Corim. But he did not tell Musouka this. Most of those here did not trust darkness overmuch, and had they learned the full truth of Corim, they may have turned from him, to their misfortune, because they would need him.