Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Chapter 17 To War ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17 To War
 
Xonic breathed in the misty Underdrome air, soaked with blood. Tournament one. He had absolutely no clue what he was about to face, but it wasn't going to stop him, whatever it was. He was part of this quest, this journey, to save the worlds, and part of that was winning this tournament. So win it he would. No quarter, no mercy, no surrender.
 
He summoned the dark blade to his hand, his keyblade to the other.
 
Hayner smiled into the morning as it warmed his face. Today, he fought not just for balls, or honor, he fought for someone's life. He didn't fight to impress. But he still fought to prove. And prove he would. 16 contestants, well, technically teams, mostly heartless. The real challenges were Draco, Hercules, and Sora. He would be the first to face Hercules. And Herc wasn't holding back. Neither could he. Well then, may justice run its course. He laughed to himself at that thought. It interested him how he'd begun to think this way ever since he got his own keyblade.
 
Oh well, time to get to work. Hayner took his stance as the enemies popped onto the battlefield.
 
Xonic swung at the Large body's back, destroying it with a full combo. He snagged a lance, took out two more heartless, then the lance and holder. This wasn't that hard. Some tournament. Xonic started wondering what the hell kind of surprises Hades might have up his sleeve.
 
Hayner used his special attack to finish off the swarm of shadows he'd been forced to battle through. Round one was… well… too easy. He stared around, wondering, but no surprises appeared. He'd won round one. Lame.
 
The next round was a group of dusks vs. some knights. The dusks won. Not surprising.
 
Herc blew through round one, as did Draco and Sora. Now there was only one team of heartless left, 1 wannabe gladiator trying to prove himself to Phil, and two teams of Nobodys, the dusks, and a conglomeration team, which was one of nearly every type, except thieves.
 
Xonic was at that moment starring at his final match. “Damnit, why the hell did I agree to this?” Cerberus stared back. It wasn't really Cerberus that was the problem. It was the time limit. Xonic had to beat Cerberus in 60 seconds. Which meant he had to pull out ALL the stops.
 
Kill the left head first. And in one blow.
 
“Xonic, you can take this thing down, now do it!” DF stood on the sidelines, just outside of the arena floor itself. “We're saving Christina's mom, which means you are going to WIN.”
 
Musouka just stood there, and grinned. Musouka was facing Hades himself, but only if Xonic won here. “Man I can't believe I'm about to fight so you two have the opportunity to show me up. But whatever, bring IT ON. I can defeat you at any second, you know… but I'll do it at exactly 59.”
 
“Begin in 3, 2,” Xonic prepped himself for this next shot, “1! Go!”
 
Xonic switched unleashed a blackhole technique that sucked all the energy out of the left side head, and followed that up with a triple spinning strike to the middle head. He boosted off the snout and landed on the back, going for a strike straight to the spine of the animal. He used his most powerful single target strike, and obliterated the neck connections with a “Lightning of Light!” He then smashed the middle head, the clock in his head counting down to 59 as he made minor strikes, and then, right on cue, “The END!”
 
“Battle over, battle over!”
 
“heh, well, that was to be expected. Congrats and all that kid, good show or something, now GET OFF MY STAGE BEFORE I BURN YOU TO A CRISP!” Hades screamed, as Xonic walked off the arena floor to thunderous applause.