Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Embrace ❯ Embrace ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Axel buried his face in Roxas' blond hair. The younger nobody was sleeping, tired from his fight with the Twilight Thorn and the talk with Naminé. It had taken Axel far too long to find the boy. Even now he couldn't stay long, lest he risk being caught. Axel just wished he could keep the boy locked up with him forever. Keep him safe from everything. Keep him away from the Organization. Keep him away from DiZ. Keep him for himself, where no one would ever find him.
 
I'll take you away from here. Somewhere where it can be just us. You're mine. No one can take you away from me.
 
Axel placed a small kiss on Roxas' temple and wrapped his arms even tighter around the boy. The cold of Roxas' body was a cool relief next to Axel's burning fire. Slowly, Axel sat up, pulling Roxas with him. He settled Roxas between his legs and leaned against the headboard of the Twilight Town bed.
 
I don't care about the Organization. I don't care about DiZ. Sora can't have you back. I need you more than he ever could.
 
Axel knew it was dangerous to stay in one place for so long like this. They were still searching for him. If they found him here, he might not get another chance to be with Roxas. But it was worth it. It was worth it just to hold him one more time. To just hold him and pretend that he had never left. Pretend that nothing had changed. Pretend that the boy in his arms would actually know him.
 
I don't care if we don't have hearts. It doesn't matter. I don't need a heart to tell me what I feel. All that matters is that we're together.
 
Pressed up this close to Roxas, Axel could almost believe that he could feel the thump-thump of a heart. A heartbeat. Joy. A heartbeat. Excitement. A heartbeat. Love. Every imagined beat sent emotion through Axel. It was as though every emotion he had faked since losing his heart was real again. As though Roxas was his heart.
 
I'll never let go. I've already lost one heart. Let me keep this one.