Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Eye of the Storm ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And a quick reminder about the 4 OC's in this story:

Skylar Strifehart (16-years-old) (Leon and Cloud's daughter)

Sorika Kagi (15-years-old) (Riku and ? 's daughter)

Nerina (14-years-old) and Andrew (15-years-old) Tillmitt (Tidus and Selphie's daughter and son)


Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. I do, however, own Nerina, Andrew, Sorika, Skylar, and any other OC's made up for the purpose of this fanfiction.

Chapter 5

An entire month has passed since school let out and Sorika is still busy training with Sora. Skylar is still in Hollow Bastion hanging out with her younger brother and her friends there and they have all gotten into more than their share of trouble. Over on Destiny Island, Nerina and Andrew are having a fun, peaceful time.

While the kids are having fun, the adults are having a rough time trying to figure out what’s going on in Hollow Bastion. On the first of the month Leon, Cloud, Aerith, Kairi, and Tifa meet up to give Yuffie the information they’ve found thus far.

“Hello guys!” Yuffie’s cheerful voice rings out in the Strifehart living room as an image of the ninja girl flickers into view on the screen Kairi set up. “How goes everything in the wonderful land of Hollow Bastion?”

“No well, I’m afraid.” Aerith says. “We’ve looked and listened everywhere and while we all agree that something weird is happening we just can’t figure out what.”

The screen flickers a little as Yuffie frowns.

“It wouldn’t be Heartless again, would it?” Kairi asks worriedly.

Yuffie shakes her head. “I don’t think so. The computer system would have picked up on that. And anyway, King Mickey said Ansem destroyed all his old research so this wouldn’t happen again.”

“If one person can find the door to darkness, what’s to say no one else could do it?” Tifa argues. “It could very easily happen again. Or it could be someone who already knows about the door.”

Yuffie is silent for a moment.

Aerith lays a calming hand on Tifa’s shoulder. “Yuffie’s right, Tifa. The computer system would have picked up on something if it were the Heartless or the Nobody’s.”

“Sora’s back.”

Everyone in the room freezes, except for Cloud who already knows that piece of information.

“Sora…?” Kairi breathes questioningly. “He’s really back, Yuffie? Where is he? How is he? Can I talk to him? Please Yuffie!”

Yuffie sighs. “Maybe I shouldn’t have said that…” She says to herself.

“Too late now, Yuffie.” Leon says. “Now tell us what’s going on over there before Kairi here explodes from a mixture of curiosity and anger.”

“Alright, alright.” Yuffie says placated. “Sora’s here and is training Sorika in the courtyard. And since two of you has no idea who Sorika even is, I’ll just go ahead and say this: Sorika is Riku’s daughter.”

Kairi’s jaw drops. “Riku has a daughter?!”

“Yup! White hair, blue eyes - I’d say she’s Riku’s.” Yuffie says in a joking tone.

“Focus, Yuffie.” Cloud interrupts before Yuffie can go any farther with her teasing. “What does Sora being back have to do with what’s going on here?”

“It just seems like he knows something is going to happen.” Yuffie says. “So I figured it might have something to do with him and the key blade. Kairi, have you tried using yours to find out anything? It might be able to help.”

Kairi shakes her head. “No, I haven’t really seen the need to. Do you think it’ll work?”

“It’s worth a shot!”

“I’ll give it a try when we go out next.” Kairi says. “Is there anything else you think we should try?”

Yuffie thinks for a moment. “No… at least, there’s nothing I can think of. I’ll ask the others when I get the chance. For now, just keep poking around and hope you find something!”

“Great.” Leon grumbles.

“Alright! Yuffie out!” Before anyone can protest, the screen goes out and Yuffie’s image disappears.

“Damn it, Yuffie!” Kairi yells. “You didn’t answer any of my questions about Sora! I’m gonna-”

“Leave it be, Kairi.” Tifa says. “We’ll make sure she doesn’t get away next time, so hold your questions until next month.”

A look of disappointment crosses Kairi’s face and she looks away and sighs. “It’s just… this is the first news I’ve heard of Sora.” She looks over at Aerith. “Does… does he know?”

Aerith shakes her head. “No, Riku doesn’t know he’s back yet. It’s all up to Sora.”

Kairi smiles a little. “Nice to know one thing hasn’t changed. It seems like it’s always up to Sora.” She stands up and steps toward the door. “I guess questions will have to wait. I’ve got to get home and get started on dinner before Hayner and Naminé start worrying. I’ll see you all tomorrow!” With a short wave, Kairi leaves the Strifehart house and heads home, hoping she still has a home with the Hollow Bastion Miscreants all over there for the day.

0-0-0

Back in Destiny Gardens, Sorika is out in the courtyard being trained by Sora just like she has every day for the past month. Sora sits on a nearby bench, watching her in an almost bored state.

“Stop.” Sora suddenly yells out.

Sorika stops, looking hopefully at Sora. She’s been practicing the same thing for over an hour now and she’s beginning to get tired and frustrated by it. She lets her arms drop a little and loosens her grip on the wooden sword.

“You’re not putting enough energy into it.” Sora says. “You need to push more energy into it. I want Yuffie to be able to feel it from way up in her office. Don’t use so much strength that it wears you down so fast that you can’t keep a steady flow of energy coursing through it.”

“Why don’t you do it if you’re so good at it!” Sorika yells, completely fed up with the training. “What’s the point of this anyway?”

“Just do it.” Sora says, waving a hand in a bored manner. “When you get it right you can take a break and go eat lunch.” He has to hide a smile when Sorika’s energy level grows with her anger. “Go on.” He prods.

Sorika clenches her fist around the wooden sword, wishing for all the world that she could just throw the thing away and use her wakizashi to fight Sora. Instead she turns away from her instructor and pushes more energy into the wooden sword.

“More.” Sora yells out.

Sorika grits her teeth and lets the fiery red energy burst freely onto the wooden sword. And then she swings it and the entire thing explodes in a bright light. She lifts one arm up to shield her eyes while Sora leaps up from his bench and watches closely, hope in his eyes.

The light slowly dies down and Sorika looks up to see something different in place of the sword. The thing floats down to Sorika and hovers in front of her. As if compelled by a greater force, she reaches out and takes the thing and the light fades away completely. “What…? What is this?”

“That is a key blade.” Sora says, walking over to her. “This is the reason I was pushing you. Using a key blade isn’t easy and I had to make sure you were ready. May I?” He holds out a hand, a silent gesture to hand the key blade to him.

Sorika hesitates a moment and then hands it to him. “What’s a key blade?”

Sora doesn’t answer, looking over the new key blade. It begins as a normal key blade and then splits into two blades connected together by bars. The one on top is wavy and ends curving upward. The bottom piece is straight, with the actual key-like part on it. The entire thing is in varying shades of blue and a heart key chain is attached to the very end.

“A key blade is a very unique weapon that can only be wielded by special people.” Sora says as he hands it back to her. “You’re very special to be able to use that.”

Sorika looks at the key blade for a moment before she looks back up at Sora. “What does yours look like?” She asks.

“Mine…?” Sora looks down at his hands. “Mine has different forms. I’ll show you some other time.” He offers her a small smile. “Now go get yourself something to eat and take a break. I’ve got a certain ninjutsu user to talk to.”

0-0-0

Twenty minutes later Sora finds himself sitting down in Yuffie’s office as the ninja princess rummages through her mini-fridge in search of something to drink. Eventually she finds something and grabs two; one for her and one for Sora. With her drink hunt complete, she shut the door to the mini-fridge and goes and sits down across from Sora. “Here you go! I hope you like paopu juice, we get it specially imported from Destiny Island.”

Sora smiles softly as he takes the drink. “You know, back when I was growing up sharing a paopu with someone meant you’d be with that person forever.”

Yuffie laughs. “That’s the same thing Riku and the others have told me a thousand times. I think the idea’s really cute.”

Sora pouts a little. “It’s not just an idea, Yuffie. It’s real.”

“Sora.”

Sora looks up from studying the drink. “Huh?”

Yuffie looks a little amused. “Drink your juice.”

Sora rolls his eyes but twists the cap off the bottle and takes a sip. The sweet taste of paopu floods his taste buds and he breaths out softly. “It’s been years since I’ve tasted this.” He says softly. “Funny, what it takes to start missing something.”

Yuffie hums in agreement, too busy drinking her own paopu juice to say much more.

For a few minutes the two sit in silence and enjoy their drinks. Yuffie is the first to finish and instead of waiting for Sora to finish his own she decides to bring up a tough subject.

“Sora, have you thought at all about going to see Riku?” She asks gently. “I’m sure he’d love to see you again.”

Sora lowers the bottle and sets it down on the table. “Yuffie… it’s been sixteen years. Things have changed between us.”

“Are you sure about that?” Yuffie challenges.

Sora frowns. “Yuffie, he’s a father now. He has a daughter! A daughter that you neglected to tell me that you wanted me to train! Why--”

“Sora.” Yuffie cuts off the brunette. “Think back to when Sorika told you she was Riku’s daughter. She must have been asking you something important.”

Sora nods. “Yeah, she asked me if I knew her mother. What does that have to do with anything?”

“Go see Riku.” Yuffie says firmly, easily avoiding Sora’s question. “I’ll keep Sorika over here for the night so that your reunion won’t be interrupted. I’m sure you know where he lives, since I caught you looking through my address book yesterday so you could write it down.”

Sora blushes. He has done just that. “Alright, Yuffie.” He gives in. “I’ll… I’ll go. Better sooner than later, right?” He forces a grin and then gets up from his chair and heads for the door, paopu juice in hand.

“Hey Sora.”

Sora turns around just in time to catch a star shaped object Yuffie throws to him. It’s a paopu.

“Don’t forget to share it with Riku this time, alright?” Yuffie says with a wink.

Sora blushes an even deeper shade of red than before and mutters his thanks before he practically runs out of Yuffie’s office. Yuffie just stands up and tosses her bottle in the trashcan before she walks over to the wall and takes down her giant shuriken. Her brown eyes glint as she runs her hands over one of the sharp blades. “Lets go see what Sorika’s got.”

0-0-0

Shiro: Okay, so Yuffie sounds a little "evil" in the last paragraph, but she's not. She's just come up with an idea and is determined to see it through. I could never make Yuffie evil, since she's one of the cool female characters. (hugs Yuffie plushie) Yay for the Great Ninja Yuffie!

Kyle: What's a paopu?

Shiro and Keitaro: (look at Kyle in shock)

Shiro: How dare you not know what a paopu is! You- you- none video game playing fairy!

Kyle: Stop calling me a fairy! I'm a fae!

Shiro: Same difference.

Kyle: No, fairies are little bitty things like Rikku, Paine, and Yuna are in that game you play. Fae are normal sized!

Keitaro: How can you know about the little thieving fairies but not know about the paopu! For shame!

Bast: Ignore the idiots, Kyle. A paopu is some strange fruit native to Destiny Island.

Kyle: (looks interested) A fruit?

Bast: (groans as Shiro and Keitaro launch into in-depth descriptions of the paopu) They'll be at this for hours and then Kyle will run off to try and find the thing. I'm leaving before they drag me into it. (leaves)

Reviews help feed plot kitties! Okay, and I love reading them. Who doesn't?