Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Feeling of Belonging ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Feeling of Belonging
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Disney owns the characters I'm simply borrowing them.
Prologue:
The night wind blew softly in his spiky cinnamon brown hair as the waves lightly splashed his legs, his bright blue eyes staring at the moon. It had been 1 year since he and Riku came back from the World That Never Was. King Mickey had kindly separated Roxas from him and when he walked home he simply introduced Roxas as his long lost twin. His mother had left for the big island and had not returned which hurt him dearly.
“I thought I saw you head out here.” Came a voice behind him.
He turned and saw his best friend/crush behind him watching him with his turquoise silver hair moving gently with the wind. Riku came up beside him and sat down. Sora turned his gaze back to the moon.
"What's wrong Sora?" Riku asked seeing the shadows on his friend's face. He knew Sora was hiding the darkness but Riku was familar with shadows so he saw right through Sora's attempt.
"Do you...Do you feel like you don't belong here anymore Riku?" Sora asked softly. So softly that if Riku hadn't been sitting right beside him he probably wouldn't have heard.
"What do you mean? Does this have to do with your mom?" Riku asked. Sora shook his head.
"No...well sort of...it's just everyone had forgotten me Riku...Yeah sure they remembered me after seeing me but in all honesty they forgot who I was...Somehow I feel like I don't belong here anymore...Yeah it was my home but now not so much...Do you think that's stupid?" Sora asked looking at his friend now. Riku sighed. Honestly he felt like he no longer belonged he either but didn't say anything because they had made a promise they would stay together. Now that Sora felt this way then maybe it wasn't just him.
"No Sora that's not silly at all. I've felt the same way too for awhile. I just thought maybe it was just me. Maybe were the ones to change but not the islands. I mean we've seen things and been to places that nobody on the island has." Riku said.
"Do you think that when we changed it was good or bad?" Sora asked. Riku finally looked into his frend's eyes.
"i think maybe it was for the better Sora...I mean we matured more don't you think?" He stated. Sora smiled and nodded.
"Come on let's go get some sleep...Maybe we can write to king Mickey and ask him why we feel this way." Riku said standing and brushing off the sand on his pants. Sora nodded and stood as well. "And if he says we leave then we leave together." Riku added. Sora looked back at him and nodded.
"Together."
Chapter 1
The sun shone brightly through the many banners of the Castle. Queen Minnie was walking in the gardens with Daisy while King Mickey was in his study when Donald came running in with goofy in tow.
“Your majesty! Your majesty! Heartless have appeared in Radiant Gardens, Atlantica, Halloween town and the pride lands!” he came shouting. King Mickey looked at the letter in his hands from Riku and Sora.
“Alright you two take the gummi ship and go to the destiny Islands and bring Riku, Sora and Roxas here.” King Mickey ordered. Donald and Goofy nodded before running to the hangar. King Mickey glanced into the corner was a cloaked figure stood. He had spiked red hair and emerald green eyes. “It seems you'll be seeing them sooner than you thought Axel.” He said before heading to the gardens where Minnie and Daisy were. Axel watched him walk out and sighed.
`I just hope Sora can forgive me.' He thought silently and followed him to the throne room.
(Destiny Islands)
Riku, Sora and Roxas were lounging against a tree when Kairi came runnign up to them "Guys...We got a letter from the King." she said handing them the letter. Riku opened the letter while Sora and ROxas read from over his shoulder.
Dear Riku, Sora and Roxas
It seems trouble has once again sprung its ugly head in Radiant Gardens, Halloween Town, Atlantica and the Pride Lands. Donald and Goofy are on their way to pick you three up. And I have a surprise waiting for you Sora and Roxas...King Mickey
"So are we going?" Kairi asked. Sora looked at Kairi. Long time ago he had a crush on the girl and raced his friend Riku to see who would share a Paopu Fruit with her. Now he felt nothing for the girl exept friendship. 'I guess I grew up too fast.' he thought as he shook his head.
"Your not coming Kairi...King Mickey has asked for me, Riku and Roxas. " he said gently.
"But that's not fair. You promised we would stay together remember Sora..." Kairi whined. Riku rolled his eyes.
"Kairi you would just get in the way." he said. Kairi glared at him.
'I would not! Your being mean." she said as she crossed her arms waiting for Sora to stand up for her like he use to when Riku made fun of her.
"Call your keyblade Kairi." Sora said. Kairi nodded and held out her hand. Nothing.
"See you can't call your keyblade Kairi. You'll be safer here." Sora said.
"Then why does Roxas get to go?" Kairi asked.
"I can still call my keyblades unlike you, Kairi." Roxas answered growing annoyed with the girl. Roxas could tell Sora was too.
"And I promised Riku we would stay together Kairi." Sora said looking away from Kairi.
"So you choose a nobody and the very boy who turned his back on you to help the worlds again?" Kairi said coldly. Riku and Roxas looked wide eyed at her then at Sora to see his reaction to what she said.
"You know what Kairi yes...And if i had to choose them or you for this I would choose them because they let go of the past instead of using it against your friends." he said just as coldly. "AND I turned into a Nobody for you! SO you could get your heart back , So the next time you say Roxas is just a nobody then remember that I'm just a nobody." He said turning to look at Kairi agian but his eyes held no emotion. Kairi gased at the coldness in his voice. Roxas placed a hand on Sora's shoulder to calm him. Sora took a deep calming breath then let it out.
"Kairi, I'm telling you to drop this because your not coming with us and your only making me upset." He said in a more calming voice.
"But-"
"Kairi, just shut up you've done enough for today. Your. Not. Coming. " Riku said before heading to where they usually hung out and waited for Sora and Roxas to join him.
Kairi teared up and ran from them. Sora watched her for a moment then turned back around toward knew how Sora was feeling, he may have his own body but he was still connected to his heart. He sighed and follwed Sora to where Riku was sitting.
(Few minutes Later)
Sora saw his two companions for two years running up the beach. "Goofy! Donald!" he shouted as he jumped from his perch to hug them.
"It's good to see you too Sora." said Goofy. "Hey Riku! Hey Roxas!" Goofy greeted looking behind Sora. Riku simply nodde to Donald and Goofy as did Roxas.
"Are you guys ready?" Donald asked. they nodded and Donald lead the way to the ship. "The Controls are all yours Sora." Donald said. Sora sat behind the controls and set the course for the castle.
"Fasten your seat belts, goodbye Destiny Islands. Next Stop Disney Castle." Sora said as he sent the ship to the castle.
(Disney Castle)
King Mickey looked up when the doors to the throne room opened. The figure next to him stiffened when they saw Sora , Riku and Roxas walk through the doors. "Ah! Sora! RIku! Roxas! Good to see you again." he said as he stepped down to hug each of them. " I sorry to say that you must head out immediatly but before you do there will be one more person joining...I'm afraid that Goofy and Donald will have to stay here." He said as he motioned for the figure by his throne to step forward. " Oh come on now take the hood off s they can see who it is." King Mickey said.
The figure did as he was told.
Roxas and Sora gasped as Riku glared at him
"AXEL!"
Chapter 2
“It's not possible…Axel? But I thought I…you died!” Sora stammered. Axel smiled weakly at him as Roxas just stared.
"Hey guys...Listen Sora, Riku I wanted to say sorry about what happened in Castle Oblivion." Axel said. Sora shook his head and smiled
"It's okay Axel. You helped me though in the end." He said. Riku glanced at Sora then back at Axel.
"I'll forgive you for now...Just don't do it again." Riku mumbled. Roxas just stared at him.
"Hey Roxie." Axel said gently. Sora glanced over at his nobody.
"I think he's broken." he said as he poked Roxas in the shoulder. Roxas knocked Sora's hand off him and crossed his arms.
"I'm not broken...just surprised." He said.
"You guys can catch up later...Chip and Dale are waiting for you in the hangar with your flight plans." King Mickey said. Sora nodded and ran for the hangar with Riku, Roxas and Axel following him. After getting the route typed into the computer of the Gummi Ship, Sora headed for the first stop...the Pride Lands.
"I can't wait to see Simba again and Nala...I wonder what you guys would look like as cubs" Sora said.
"What?" Riku asked.
"Yeah...I'm a brown colored cub... with only my necklace around my neck." Sora answered.
"How do you use your keyblade?" Axel asked.
"With my mouth...oh yeah I forgot you Chakrams(sp?) Axel." Sora said. Axel shrugged and sat back as Sora flew the ship to the Pride Lands. When they arrived Riku, Roxas, and Axel watched as Sora changed to a lion cub. Riku reminded Sora of Scar but silver and Axel and Roxas changed into cubs simlar to Sora.
They followed Sora across the desert until they reached a rock formation that was crawling with heartless. Sora summoned his keyblade and raced ahead where what look like a meerkat and wild boar were surrounded.(Guess who) Riku sumoned Way To Dawn and followed Sora. Axel could only summon one of his chakrums and Roxas only one of his keyblades.
When the heartless were defeated the meerkat and wild boar walked over to Sora. "Hey Sora long time no see." said the meekat.
"Hey Timon, Hey Puumba." Sora greeted. "Meet my friends Riku, Roxas and Axel." He added as they came up.
"Hey your in time Sora...Simba's daughter was just born a few months ago want to meet her?" Timon said.
"Sure." Sora said. They followed Timon and Puumba into the cave when a young cub ran up to them and into Sora.
"Kiara watch where your going...Sora?" came a voice. Sora looked up and gave the lion his carefree smile.
"Hey Simba." he said. Simba looked behind Sora and growled.
"It's okay Simba these are my friends. Riku, Roxas and Axel meet the king...Simba." he said.
"My apologies friends of Sora...its just you two look like some of the lions I exiled." Simba said. "Kiara meet Sora, the one I told you about." he said to his daughter.
"Can you stay and play Sora?" Kiara asked him. Sora laughed.
"I'm sorry Princess Kiara but I'm afriad we must be going...how about next time I visit?" he said.
"Okay." Kiara said. Sora nodded goodbye to his friends then walked back to the ship with the others in tow.
"Sora aren't you going to see where the heartless are coming from?" Axel asked.
"They didn't come from here. I rememeber closing the keyhole here...of course then again I closed all the worlds." Sora said.
"What's the next stop?" Roxas asked. Sora looked at the computer map and smiled.
"Atlantica."