Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Feeling of Belonging ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Its almost finished Yea! Then I'll be adding another story afterwards. Enjoy!

Chapter 6- The Fight
Cloud, Sora and Riku were ahead of Leon, Roxas and Axel as they walked to the castle. Cloud could see that something was bothering Sora the way he fidgeted with his gloves as they walked.
"Sora are you okay?" He asked. Sora shook his head.
"I don't what it is but something doesn't feel right to me." He said as he stared at the castle. The cloud above it was growing darker and larger. Riku made a noise and backed up alittle.
"Sora...I think I know whose behind this." He said. Sora and Cloud turned to him.
"Who?" Sora asked. Leon, Roxas and Axel had caught up with them by this time.
"It's Maleficent." Riku said. Sora stared wide eyed at Riku.
"But she and Pete tried to stop the heartless back at Castle Oblivion in the World That Never Was so why is she here?" Sora asked. Riku shrugged.
"I don't know Sora but I don't like it." Riku said. He glanced around and noticed some heartless coming toward them. "LOOK OUT!" he shouted as he called Way To Dawn and slashed at some of them as they came at his side. Sora called his keyblade as did Roxas. Soon they were fighting heartless all around. Cloud and Sora were separarted from the others as the battle went on.
'I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!' Sora thought as he slashed through another heartless. "Cloud create a passage for me I'm going inside!" Sora shouted. Cloud nodded and created a shock wave that cleared a path through.
"I'm coming with you." Cloud said. Sora shook his head and ran ahead before the pathway closed. "SORA!" He shouted as Sora disappeared into the castle. Cloud tried it again but couldn't make another pathway to go after Sora.

"CLOUD! SORA!" Leon shouted as he made his way back to where they had last seen Cloud and Sora fighting. He saw Cloud alone. 'Not good.' he thought.
"Cloud where's Sora?" Riku asked as he helped Cloud make a pathway to the castle.
"He went ahead inside without me. I think he's going after Maleficent by himself." Cloud said.
"SHITTAMA!" Riku said as he made his way to the door. "He won't stand a chance against her, He didn't destroy her the first time. Baka!" he said as he continued to run after his best friend. 'Idiot. If I couldn't beat her what makes you think you can.' he thought. 'Course then again I was just a pawn for her to be used against you.'

Sora made his way up the stairs when he was stopped by Pete and more heartless. "Hiya Pipsqeak. Where are your buddies?" he asked. Sora glared at him.
"None of your business." he said. Pete laughed.
"You abandoned them then what a friend. Don't worry though Maleficent is going to change this place back to what it was before you came around. Now attack him and get that key!" Pete ordered. Heartless and nobodies. Sora powered up to his Final Form and defeated them one by one leaving Pete. Pete looked at Sora and then saw he had no more heartless.
"I ain't stayn' here. Sorry Maleficent." He said as he ran from Sora. Sora watched him go and continued on toward Maleficent. He was stopped yet again by Sephiroth.

Cloud, Leon, Roxas, Axel and Riku were running up the stairscase when they saw Pete coming at them Riku jumped in front and pointed his keyblade at him. Pete stopped with wide eyes.
"WHERE THE HELL IS SORA!" Riku asked.
"I don't know where that pipsqueak is, he destroyed all the heartless I had, but you better hurry Sephiroth will tear him to pieces." Pete said. Cloud's head shot up.
"Sephiroth? He's here?" Cloud asked. Pete nodded.
"Yeah Maleficent promised him, you after getting rid of the pipsqueak. Then we would have control of this place, but now I'm not so sure. That pipsqueak is really determined to stop us. He's in his Final Form right now." Pete said.
'SHIT! Sora will be drained if he's in his Final Form to long. I got to get to him.' Riku thought.
"Now if you'll excuse me boys I'm going back to my boat. I'm done with being evil." Pete said before running down the stairs. Roxas walked up to Riku.
"Riku we have to get to Sora. We need to get to power down or he'll be completely drianed." he said. Riku nodded. They heard a wall being smashed.
"Cloud how strong is Sephiroth?" Riku asked. Cloud glared.
"Too strong for Sora come on we need to hurry." He said. They nodded and began running once again.

Sora was slammed into the wall by Sephiroth and his blow from his sword. He was already out of his Final Form hoping that Sephiroth would let him by since his fight was with Cloud.
"You truly are a moron,Keyblade Master to think I would let you destroy Maleficent and ruin my chance at ruling and destroying this world." He said. Sora wiped the blood coming from his mouth and stood.
"My fight isn't with you Sephiroth now let ME BY!" He said. Sephiroth laughed and pointed his sword at Sora.
"No."
Sephiroth flew at him with his black wing and tried to stab him in the arm which held his keyblade but Sora dodged only getting nicked in the arm. Sora glanced at the cut and saw it was deep and was flowing pretty badly. He quickly downed a healing potion and managed to dodge another blow.
"Stop dodging Keyblade Master and fight me." Sephiroth said.
"NO! SEPHIROTH YOUR BATTLE IS WITH ME!" CLoud shouted as he came into view with the others. Sephiroth smirked and snapped his finger. A black portal opened up underneath Sora.
"Say goodbye Keyblade Master." he said as Sora fell through.
"SORA!"They all shouted. Roxas ran forward and managed to fall with him before the portal closed. "ROXAS!"

to be continued...
One more chapter to go then it's done!

Last time:
Say Goodbye Keyblade Master
SORA!ROXAS!

Chapter 7- The Fight Continues
Cloud turned his gaze back to Sephiroth. "Go find Sora and Roxas. I'll deal with Sephiroth." he said. They nodded and went around them to the door that led further into the castle. And Maleficent.

Roxas came too a few minutes later and saw Sora still knocked out. He noticed his had twisted his ankle during the fall. 'Well this should be fun.' he thought. He crawled over to Sora and shook him. Sora groaned and opened his eyes. "Roxas?" he asked as he sat up slowly. He glanced around and noticed they were at the top of the tower.
Sora stood and took Roxas' hand and helped him up. Roxas stood on one leg and let Sora lead him to the chair that was there. Sora set him down and dug through his potions. "Here drink this but only half. " Sora said. Roxas nodded and did as he was told. He handed the rest to Sora.
"You know that was really stupid of you Sora." Roxas said. Sora made a noise as if to question him. "To go off alone. You could have been killed or turned back into a heartless then we would have destroyed you by accident." He said.
"You would have known which one was me." Sora said.
"That's not the point Sora...what's really going with you?" Roxas asked. Sora sighed.
"I thought for once Roxas I...I don't know maybe stopped the heartless after we returned to the islands,but I didn't even think of Maleficent being behind all this."
"Indeed you didn't, keyblade master." said a feminine, evil voice. They turned and in front of them was...
"MALEFICENT!"

Leon, Riku and Axel ran up more flights of stairs searching each door they came across. Riku was getting more frustrated as each room they came across came up were reaching the final door when is was blasted off its hinges. They ducked then glanced up. In front of them was Sora and Roxas facing a black and green dragon.
"INSOLENT FOOLS! YOU THOUGHT I COULD BE STOPPED SO EASILY! YOU WILL NOT WIN!" She and Roxas were already breathing hard from dodging her flames and her tail. Axel went after her with his fire while Sora and Roxas tried to tell him not to. Sora pushed Axel out of the way when the flames bounced off of her and came back at them. Roxas rolled to the side as did Leon and Riku.
"AXEL! YOU MORON SHE'S A DRAGON! DO YOU HONESTLY THINK A FIRE ATTACK WILL WORK ON HER!" shouted Roxas.
"WELL SORRY FOR TRYING!" Axel shouted back. Leon looked over at Riku.
"Do you think she has a spell around her?" Leon asked. Riku shook his head. "Then how come none of us can hit her?" he asked.
"BECAUSE YOU FOOLS! YOU WILL ALL DIE! YOUR ATTACKS ARE USELESS AGAINST ME!" Maleficent shouted.
"No they are not because I know what will defeat you." Riku said. "SORA!" he shouted as he stood in front of her range. Sora looked at him and understood. Sora went into his Final Drive and joined Riku in front of Maleficent. Riku placed a hand on Sora's which held the keyblade and together the power in the keyblade grew transforming it to have diamonds on the blade. Sora glanced over at Riku who glanced back and nodded. They aimed and fired a pure white light at Maleficent.
"NO!" she roared as the light engulfed her and destroyed her for good leaving her staff. Sora walked over to it and slashed it so she wouldn't return.

Cloud had defeated Sephiroth and was slowly walking up the stairs from exhaustion and wounds he obtained from the fight. Sephiroth managed to stick his shoulder into Cloud's shoulder,leg and side. Blood leaked from the wounds leaving a trail of blood where he walked. He felt the ground shake and tried to hurry to help the others.

Sora noticed that after destroying Maleficent's staff the cloud above disappeared. He collasped to his knees. "SORA!" Riku shouted as he ran up to Sora. He placed a arm around Sora's shoulders.
"I'm fine Riku, just exhausted." Sora said.
"You fixin' to pass out on me wuss?" Riku asked with a teasing smile. Sora pouted at him for the name calling but nodded. "Then go ahead. I got you." RIku said as he felt Sora sag into him. He turned to Roxas and Roxas helped get Sora on Riku's back. Riku stood and grabbed ahold of Sora's legs and held onto him as they walked up to Leon and Axel. Leon smiled at Sora's sleeping head and Axel nodded. They felt the ground shake. "It's going to collapse. Without Maleficent's magic the castle is falling apart." Riku said. Leon looked around.
"No, the castle never looked like this Maleficent changed it when she took control of it. It's going back to it's original form, but we still have to get out of here." Leon said as they turned back to the door. Riku nodded and ran after him still holding onto Sora. Roxas and Axel followed.

Cloud was half way up when he saw Leon, Riku, Axel and Roxas running his way. He was about to shout where was Sora when he noticed him on Riku's back. Leon took in the state Cloud was in and threw Cloud's good arm around his shoulder and helped him down the stairs as the castle continued to shake. When they were safety in the bailey they stopped running. Cloud was holding onto his bleeding side when Roxas handed him a half filled healing potion. "Drink it will help." he shook his head.
"Give it to Sora...I'll be fine." he said. Roxas snorted.
"Sora is asleep from exhaustion. He changed twice into his final form and stayed in it longer than his body is use to not to metion all the running and dodgeing he did. Take it." he said. Cloud took it and drank it, shivering as it went down his throat. Leon watched him as his wounds were healed then turned to the others.
"Come on. We head to my house where we can rest. I think we all need it." he said as he slowly stood away from the wall. They nodded and together walked to Leon's house.

yea one more chapter then it done yea me!
This is the last chapter to The Feeling of Belonging. I hope you all enjoyed it and I will be posting a new story soon. Enjoy.-b.r.r
I own nothing, but the plot. I changed one word in the song for it to fit what Riku is feeling.

Chapter 8- A Place to Call Home
They finally made it to Leon's and Riku placed Sora down on the couch. Leon snorted. He signaled to Cloud to go on to their room.
"Riku, you and Sora will be rooming over here." Leon said pointing to the spare bedroom next to his and Cloud's room. Riku nodded and lifted Sora up bridal style and carried him in there. "YOU'LL FIND SOME PAJAMAS IN THE DRESSER!"Leon shouted to him before signaling Roxas and Axel to follow him. He lead them down the hall and into another bedroom with one bed. "Sorry guys but Riku and Sora only have one bed too. You'll find pajamas in that dresser." Leon said. Roxas turned to him.
"It's no problem Leon. Thanks." He said as Leon left them alone. He went to the dresser pulling out only some red pj bottoms and walking to the bathroom to change. Axel decided to sleep in his black tank top under his cloak and a pair of black pj bottoms. He crawled into bed and fell asleep. When Roxas returned he saw Axel sound asleep and clutching the pillow. He smiled and crawled into bed next to him. Axel seemed to have sensed the extra heat and pulled Roxas to him. Roxas squeaked at the sudden position but didn't try to move out of it. He just prayed Axel felt the same for him as he did.

Riku placed Sora down onto the bed and removed his jacket, pants and shoes. He pulled the covers down on one side and pulled Sora over to it. "Man your really out of it Sor." he mumbled as he covered him. He went to the dresser and pulled out a pair of greyish silver pj bottoms and tank top and changed into them then got into bed. He pulled turned and put his arms around Sora. "I'll protect you while you sleep." he whispered before placing a small kiss on Sora's forehead and falling into a light sleep.

Leon walked into his and Cloud's room to see Cloud had already fallen asleep in his black tank and his boxers. Leon chuckled as he shed his clothes leaving him in his white tank and black boxers. He got into bed and Cloud woke briefly to turn over to him and lay his head on Leon's chest where he could hear his heart beat. Leon threw his arm around his shoulders and fell into a deep sleep.

Haunted by the past,
A nightmare that seems so unreal.
Wish that I could turn back time,
And spare the pain that we both feel.
And now, we've changed,
Things will never be the same.
(Things will never be the same)
Riku and let go of Sora as he slept and he started to have nightmares of when he was trapped in the darkness. He awoke in a sweat and glanced over at Sora who was still in a deep sleep. He got up and went to the window remembering all the pain he put Sora through.
We were foolish then,
But our trials served to make us strong.
The burdens are not yours alone,
We've sought the answers for so long.
But they're not real.
They cost you more than they cost me.
He knew they couldn't return to the Islands for it was no longer home but he promised Sora to stay by his side no matter what. So wherever he went Riku would follow even to the ends of the Earth. He got back into bed and once again held onto his light through the darkness making another promise to never hurt him again.
I promise you,
There is nothing I won't give,
To see this through,
Return the soul to where it lives.
I promise you,
I'd go everywhere I've been,
To find a way,
To make atonement for my sin.
And see...
See your smiling face again.
When we pay the price at last,
And we are whole once more,
Life will be the way it was,
The way it was before the day,
We slipped away,
Together we'll redeem that day.

The next morning Riku and Roxas awoke before Leon managed to open their doors to tell them it was morning. Riku dressed into his white tank,yellow vest and baggy blue pants and went into the living room. Roxas joined him a few minutes later dressed in his checkered jacket, black vest, black and white trousers and his wrist band. He sat next to Riku and noticed that Cloud was sitting in the chair across from them only wearing a black tank top and loose black sweats. Sora and Axel were dragging their feet into the living room and they sat next to Riku and Roxas.
"Sora, Riku, Roxas and Axel...we have a propositionfor you, Sora, Riku you feel like the Islands are no longer your home correct?" Leon started. Sora and Riku nodded. "well Cloud and I were wondering if you guys would like to live here with us." he asked. Sora stared wide eyed at them as did Riku.
"You mean it?" Sora asked.
"Yes Sora, You and Roxas could pass as my brothers, if anyone were to ask who you are except of course Yuffie,Tifa, Arieth and Cid." he said.
"And Merlin." Leon added.
Sora looked at Riku who looked back at him. Riku nodded and smiled. He felt at home here in Radiant Gardens as did Sora. "We accept." Sora said. Leon looked over at Roxas and Axel.
"You two are the only ones left." Cloud said looking over at Axel and Roxas too. Roxas snorted.
"You need to ask me. Seriously wherever Sora and Riku go I go." Roxas said. "Their like my brothers. Well at least Sora is." he added with a smirk. Sora chuckled then turned to Axel. Axel was shocked after all he was with the group that wanted to destroy everyone just to get their hearts back and feel whole. He wanted to stay with Roxas and never leave again. So he nodded.
"Well then I guess I need to change roommates. Roxas and Sora will be in the first bedroom that will be your room and Riku and Axel can sleep in the one down the hall." Leon said. Cloud stood and grabbed Sora and Riku in a hug and whispered in their ear.
"Welcome Home."