Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Friends ❯ A New Enemy or a New Friend? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A New Enemy and a New FriendThe sun had just begun to rise filling the house with sun shine through the windows. The sunlight shown through a cracked door to reveal Zell half on his bed asleep and and snoring so loudly you couldn't hear the birds chirping outside. In the room across from Zell was Rinoa packing everything she needed and getting ready to go. She paused for a moment and looked down at her bed, it had been four years since they've seen each other. Rinoa wasn't quite sure what to say when she saw Squall again, it had just been so long. She wiped her eye trying to hide the tear from herself and smiled, she was happy, more then ever. Today she began a new life and reclaimed her old one. Her train of thought was disturbed by a knock at the door; quickly running over she opened it to see King Mickey standing before her in the same exact black cloak."I hope you slept well." Mickey chuckled.Rinoa nodded and called out to Zell, who was surprised by the call and fell out of bed. Rinoa shut the door and led Mickey to the kitchen where she had already warmed up some tea. Zell came slouching in the kitchen in his bunny rabbit pajamas and with sleepy eyes. Forgetting what had happened last night, he grabbed a bowl and began pouring himself some breakfast until he saw Mickey. A minute passed before Zell suddenly realized what day it was and ran back into his room to pack. Rinoa just shook her head not surprised at all by Zell's behavior and turned to Mickey with the tea kettle and three tea cups in her hand."Would you like some tea before we go?" Rinoa asked."Oh no thank you, I had eaten before I came over." Mickey answered, "I was hoping we could leave as soon as possible, are you both ready to go?"
"Oh certainly, the faster we get out of here the better." Rinoa replied, pouring herself some tea and then some for Zell.Mickey nodded in agreement, as Rinoa sipped at her tea waiting for Zell to finish getting ready. Zell suddenly popped out with a huge smile and his hands at his hips like he was a superhero. Rinoa chuckled and turned to Mickey who smiled slightly. Mickey then stood up and tacking ten steps back summoned up a blue mass of energy. He turned back to the other two who stood in amazement of what the mass of blue energy before them was."This is called a portal and it allows people to travel to different locations and even different world no matter how far the distance. This portal will lead you to your friends, as well a new journey." Mickey said,"Are you both ready?"Rinoa and Zell both nodded as they stepped up to the portal and glanced at it. Mickey nodded and without hesitation disappeared into the blue portal, leaving Zell and Rinoa to watch in amazement as well as fear. Taking a deep breath Rinoa walked into the portal, disappearing along with Mickey. She appeared on the other side, to see Mickey standing next to a large fountain in what seemed like a large town. She looked back to see Zell appear and watched as the blue portal closed. "This is it!" Rinoa thought to herself.She smiled at Zell who felt a bit dizzy from the small trip he had just taken and turned back to Mickey. However, something was wrong, he seemed to be soaking wet and dripping water. Suddenly he burst into water and formed a small puddle beneath her feet. Horrified by what had just happened, she jumped back and stared at the puddle."King....." she called, but with no answer."So easily fooled, pathetic." a voice came from behind them.Rinoa turned to see two figures dressed in the same black cloaks that Mickey was dressed in. One was a blonde man carrying around a large blue weapon she could not identify and the other hid under his hood. She then suddenly realized what had just happened, they had been tricked. She stood there frozen in shock, trying to figure out what this all meant. Meanwhile Zell came to and looked around not realizing what had happened. He turned to Rinoa and noticed the look on her face, his eyes then meeting with the two strangers standing not too far from them. He immediately knew something was wrong and turned to help Rinoa only to get knocked down. Zell looked up and saw a large gap of water in the form of one of the strangers, the water then suddenly burst as Zell rose to his feet in defense of both him and Rinoa."Did you like that, its my water clone. I can make as many as I like with my sitar here." Demyx laughed,"Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners. I should present myself to the lovely lady over there, I'm...""Skip the introductions Demyx, just kill the boy and take Rinoa so we can leave." the other man spoke,"Unless you prefer we play a game of chance here, either way is fine with me.""What do you mean take Rinoa? What do you want with Rinoa?" Zell began to yell, confused by what was going on,"Who are you guys, where is Squall and Selphie? What happened to the King?""My, my you ask a lot questions." the man spoke,"Don't you get it already boy, you were tricked into coming here. You won't be seeing your friends because they're not here, to say the least. As for what we want with Rinoa.....well that's our own little secret."Zell clenched his fists in anger and charged at the two men who stood before him. What they has done was unforgivable, tricking them and making them believe they would see their friends again. They made Rinoa believe she would see Squall again, something that had made her happy again in such a long time and now.....now they had taken that away. His rage took over his judgment and before he knew it, he was beat down by several more water clones. He got to his feet and began punching and kicking the water clones around him, but no matter how many he defeated, more just kept forming and coming at him. Suddenly, a water clone formed around him trapping him in the gap of water. Desperately trying to get air, he began to kick and punch but nothing seemed to break the trap. He turned back to Rinoa, who was still frozen from the shock of everything, and called out to her only to get no reply. Rinoa didn't hear him but only thought about Squall; did this really mean she was never going to see him again. It seemed like a likely possibility and now they were stuck in a situation where they could lose their lives. She couldn't let this happen, she wasn't going to let it happen. She would make sure she didn't die here and she would see Squall again. She would see her friends again, no matter what it took. In anger she pulled out her Blaster Edge and strapped it around her arm. She then fired it as the projectile curved and hit the water clone, freeing Zell from the trap."Where are our friends?" she asked, anger in her tone."Heh, your a feisty one and a stupid one at that." the man laughed,"Don't you get it, you won't see your friends. You'll never see your friends, from now on you'll just be alone for the rest of your pathetic life.""You're wrong, I will see my friends again. Selphie, Irvine, Quistis and even Squall, I'll see them again no matter what I have to do." Rinoa shouted,"I will never be alone!""That's right, now lets show these guys what we can do." Zell smirked.
Demyx smiled as he began to wrap his fingers around the strings of the sitar, and as the music flowed through the air water clones began to form all around Rinoa and Zell. Immediately they charged at the two attacking them at every angle. Rinoa shot her blaster edge as the boomerang curved in every angle to take down several clones. Zell relied on his fists as he punched and kicked at each clone that came close to him. However no matther how many they defeated more formed and kept coming at them. Rinoa backed away and watched Demyx as he stroked the strings of his sitar. That had to be the source of his power and if she took that weapon out, then the water clones would evaporate. Rinoa raised her blaster edge and aiming at the sitar shot her boomerang. The boomerang reached the sitar but was knocked off course by a playing card. "Honestly, do you really think we're that stupid." the still cloaked man spoke,"Of course being as intelligent as you are, you'd would of probably figured out the source of Demyx's clones. However I don't intend on letting you damage or even get close to it, unless you're forced to that is."Rinoa frowned as she looked to Zell who had joined by her side once again. He was out of breath, tired from beating all the clones that kept coming. Things weren't turning out to their advantage, but then again when were they ever. Rinoa looked over every way to possibly even slightly damage the sitar, but there was just no way. With the water clones forming and atacking them, and this mysterious man who used a card to block her attack. There was just no way to win, but she wasn't going to give up.
"Got a plan?" Zell asked.
"Afraid not." Rinoa responded. "Great." Zell muttered."Hey Rinoa, how about we make a deal?" Demyx shouted out,"If you agree to come with us, we'll stop this meaningless fight and I'll let your friend live.""What's with you Demyx, did you suddenly grow a heart?" the man joked,"Its not like you to go around making deals with people, usually you're an all out guy."Demyx tried to ignore him as he focused his attention back to Rinoa and Zell awaiting their reply. Of course Rinoa wasn't going to accept it, she was too stubborn to give up so easily even when there was just a glimmer of hope. If she wasn't as strong as she was, she would've given up years ago. These men seemed to know their friends, so there was hope, and if there was hope she would give it everything she had."Here's an idea for you, why don't you take that deal of yours and shove it up your ass." Rinoa shouted.
"Congratulations Demyx, you just got told off by a woman." the cloaked man laughed.
Demyx sighed and realized the only way to take Rinoa was by force, she reminded him too much of Larxene. He sighed once more and began to play a different note causing all his water clones to disperse into puddles. Suddenly a large bubble formed around Rinoa, trapping her inside. She attacked it but with no effort sitting there in the bubble trap. She then looked over at Zell who was slowly beginning to sink into a large puddle of water. They had underestimated these two men and now they were paying for it with their lives."Zell." Rinoa yelled within the bubble.Zell tried to pull himself out, but the puddle just kept pulling him in like it was quicksand. No mater how much he resisted there was no way for him to get out. Slowly the bubble devoured him as his legs, then his body and then his head began to disappear into the puddle. As his head started to go under he could hear Rinoa yelling out to him, but there was nothing he could do. This was the end and it was all for nothing, he was never going to see his friends again. Suddenly, he felt a hand grab his before it went under and with a tremendous amount of force he was pulled out of the puddle and thrown back onto the ground. Coughing up a storm and dripping wet, he looked up to see a woman dressed in black and with long back hair smiling down at him. Some how this woman seemed to pull him out of something he didn't even have the strength to get out of himself."You ok there, you looked like you guys were getting your butts kicked." the woman said.
Before Zell could answer though, she walked over to the bubble Rinoa was held in and took one swift punch at it. The bubble cracked and then broke into pieces releasing Rinoa from her trap. Zell looked on wide-eyed at how powerful this woman was, lucky she appeared to be on their side and not another one of these cloaked goons. "Uhh, thanks." Rinoa said, confused by this new stranger.
"Sure, though you two look like you need help." the woman responded."Well if this isn't an unexpected surprise." the cloaked man laughed,"Unfortunately this doesn't change a thing, this only makes you cheaters.""I don't know what this is about, but if you two don't leave then you're going to have to deal with me." the woman spoke.
"Why don't you try your luck and see what happens." the cloaked man laughed.Demyx, still with a frown on his face, began to summon his water clones again. The woman sighed and with one punch hit the ground in front of her. The ground began to spit and break as if an earthquake had hit it and destroyed all of Demyx's clones. The man stood there with a blank face that still hid behind his hood seeing things had changed. Seemed that the only option, or the only option he was willing to take, was to retreat for the moment and come back for Rinoa when the time was right."They say when a gambler knows he will lose his fortune in a game of cards, he folds and leaves the table." the man said,"For now I will fold and play my chances at the slots, perhaps another time we can finish this."The man turned and walked disappearing into a black portal that had formed. He again left Demyx to stare at Rinoa with baffled eyes, not quite understanding what motivated her so much. He smiled slightly and turned waving to the three behind him and disappeared into the black portal that closed behind him. The battle was finally over and Rinoa and Zell sighed with relief that they had won."Thank you, if it wasn't for you who knows what would have happened." Rinoa said.
"Sure thing, though you two don't look like you are from around her. I mean I just got her myself, but you look a bit different then the others I've seen walking around here." the woman replied."Oh we're not from here, we're from a different world. My name is Rinoa and this is my friend Zell." Rinoa said,"We were looking for our friends, but we ran into some trouble.""So your your looking for your friends too, huh? I just happen to be looking for someone myself, I'm Tifa." Tifa spoke,""How 'bout we look together."