Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye ❯ Goodybe ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kurumii;
Hello, again, another fic. Ayep. Okay for Harukax2.. I have writers block, so now, I don't know when it will be out, but enjoy,
Goodbye
.BattleAngelKurumi.
farewell x. x . x for now
I remember. I remember everything. Her smile curved even when things were too painful to bear. Her clear eyes were never afraid to cry in front of anyone. I remember, because memories are all I have left.
It all started out in high school when we were in the same class. I vaguely remembering speaking with in class, and that's because we didn't. Though she sat across from me, and we never talked, I noticed. Even though she was average looking, something about her stood out. I felt myself drawn to this girl I'd hardly ever spoken with. I had to know more about her, I need to know more about her; more than the casual smiles and hellos we'd shared. So I aimed for more.
I pretended to knock into her, hiding behind a corner she was about to turn. I would trade around papers in class until it was hers I was grading. I even took her books so she'd be late to class and I'd just happen to be late to, all so we could stand in the hall together… I was in love.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
I was in love
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
The next year, I was blessed with being in the same class with her again. Only now, we talked. We then were both voted class festival representatives. We would stay after school late to work together. I was happy for once that I was in charge of something. That's the first time I showed her just how much I loved her; with a simple kiss. Then it turned into handholding, hugs, and open displays of affection.
Then I got up the nerve to ask her out… we were in love.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
wewere in love
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Then the next year, again, I thanked god for being in the same class as her. Only, shortly after I noticed she began missing a lot of school. I was happy she returned, but I began to notice…
Her healthy weight began to shift lower, and she began to look sickly. Her bright peach skin faded into a pale shade, and her eyes didn't hold their normal glow. It was the first time I ever saw Orette like this.
The things she told me I couldn't understand, or rather wouldn't.
“I'm sick.”
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
I'm sick..
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
No, that wasn't possible. I had hoped she meant the flu, and it would pass soon… only the next words that fell from her chapped and cold lips were. “Cancer.” I felt numb. What do you do when you hear such a word? What can you do?
“Poison.” She told me. The chemotherapy was poisoning her? So, I told her to stop it, I told her she was perfectly healthy… but she wasn't perfectly healthy, not even healthy.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Perfectly Healthy
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
“I understand if you don't love me anymore…” she had managed out. I felt my insides go berserk. She had actually said that. Only… I stayed by her side and told her I loved her. When she lay there in the hospital bed I kept my best smile on and told her she'll make it through. We'd have as many kids as she wanted, I promised. I'd promise her anything to see her more alive again.
“I'm ugly.” She cried out, as I held her hand. But no, she was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen, so I told her I loved her, and how beautiful I thought she was. And I saw her smile happily again.
“I love you, Thank you so much.” She cried. I remember when she lost her hair, it seemed she was all the more radiant. I'd kiss her head and said I found a new place to love. She'd laugh, and finally shine a smile again. Then things got worse.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Then things got worse
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
She began coughing up blood, and it got to the point where even I cried. I cried even more than Orette, and she would try to make things better. Then we'd end up holding each other and smiling about it. But a few days after, there was nothing to laugh about.
I arrived at the hospital again to see her parents crying. I stiffened in shock, the doctor sat there with her hand over her face. I ran, I ran to her room. There she was…
She was taken out from any wire she'd been connected to, her eyes were closed, her skin paler than her normal sickly coloring. No. I ran to her bedside and began shaking her uncontrollably… she didn't move.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
She didn't move..
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Tears began to free-fall from my eyes and I'll never forget the last ghostly image of her, as her parents held me, leaving the room.
I remember I'd gone home and cried my heart out. We couldn't have our kids, or live in the house that she wanted, we couldn't do anything we'd planned…
That girl who sat across from me in my first year of high school, the one who I'd almost instantly fell in love with, was… she wasn't there anymore. It was a strange feeling.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
It was a strange feeling
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Then the next year, I wasn't so lucky, because
… She wasn't in my class that year.
Then four years after I smiled and I looked up to the finished house. It had taken a long time, but I had finally gotten Orette's dream house built. I smiled.
She was gone, but I stilled loved her as much as the first day I'd realized. Even when she was gone, she was still the most beautiful person I'd ever known.
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
The most beautiful..
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
“Roxas!” I heard someone call. I smiled and looked to the door of the newly finished house.
“Dear, are you going to come in, the baby wants to see his daddy.” She smiled. Roxas inwardly smiled and nodded.
“Coming…”
I took one last look back.
“Goodbye Orette.”
- -- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Goodbye
- - -- -- - --- - - - -- -
Thoughts;
Well I liked this one shot, more than I normally like mine. It wasn't too long, and it was sad, but good.
So I hope you liked it.
This one goes out to:
y u m e -y u m e :
ra
chee.marvelous.amazing.