Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Herutsu no Oukoku ❯ Two Wielders Meet ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts or any Disney characters. They belong to Square Enix and Disney respectively.
Herutsu no Oukoku
Chapter 3: Two Wielders Meet
Kairi and Yuffie stood in the shop not really talking to one another. Yuffie hummed a song under her breath and bounced on the balls of her feet, still on an adrenaline kick from fighting Heartless. The two looked up when Aerith ushered in a worn-out looking Sora
“You look horrible.” Yuffie remarked. “Maybe you should go back to sleep.”
“Yuffie!” Aerith scolded, not at all surprised by the teenager’s brashness. Yuffie had always been that way and wasn’t likely to change just because of a few unfortunate incidents.
“I can’t do that.” Sora said stubbornly. “I’ve got to go find Riku.”
Aerith looked a little curious. “Riku?”
Sora nodded. “He’s my best friend. Hey, Yuffie,” He looked over at the raven-haired girl hoping that he got her name right. “Was there anyone else near where you found me? Like a guy with white hair who’s about this tall.” He held a hand up about a half foot over his head.
Yuffie shook her head. “Nope. You were the only one out there. Sorry.”
“When the Heartless invade a world and there’s no one to fight back in time, the world’s heart is taken over by them and the entire world is destroyed.” Aerith explained. “The people who didn’t loose their hearts simply disappear. Some of them end up here and others… we don’t know where they go.”
“What are the Heartless?” Kairi asked. “They look so… odd.”
“The Heartless are just as their names suggest; beings without hearts. And because they have no hearts of their own, they go around and steal the hearts of people. For every heart stolen, a heartless is born.” Aerith told them. “That’s why you have to be very careful with them. One wrong move and you’re done for.”
“Thankfully most of them are pretty easy to beat!” Yuffie said. “The Shadow Heartless are the most common around here. Them and the Soldiers.”
“But what about Riku?” Sora asked. “He was right there with me!”
“Well, he could either be around here somewhere,” Yuffie said unsurely. “Or he could be in a different world.”
Sora looked at Yuffie hopefully. “Really?”
“Why not?” Yuffie still looked unsure, but she didn’t want to say anything to upset the brunet. “Hey, I’ll go ask Leon and Cid if they’ve seen him! Be back in a bit!” She waved cheerfully and then ran out the door.
“Why don’t you two have a seat while I go make some tea.” Aerith offered. “There are two seats right over there.” She pointed across the room to the two green plush chairs sitting side-by-side. In front of the chairs was a glass table with a pile of coasters sitting in the middle of the table.
Before Aerith could go make the tea and before Kairi and Sora could go sit down, a force shook the building much like an earthquake would. Sora would have fallen over if it weren’t for Kairi grabbing his arm to help him steady himself.
The shaking lasted ten seconds, which worried the three just as much as the screams heard from outside.
“Sora! Kairi! Stay here!” Aerith ordered the two. “I’m going to go help out.”
“But-!” Sora didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence as Aerith ran out of the building without another word. Right after she left, another rumble shook the whole building and Sora and Kairi looked in worry at the shelves stocked with accessories. Thankfully, nothing fell as a result of the tremor.
“Kairi, right?” Sora asked without looking at the redhead.
“Uh huh.” Kairi nodded.
“I don’t know anything about this place, but it seems like Yuffie and Aerith do. And if something happens to them because of whatever they’re fighting, then we won’t have the slightest idea of what to do.” Sora said. He looked up and his determined blue eyes met Kairi’s worried violet ones. “I’m going to help them!” There was a flash and a small ‘ching’ noise as Sora’s keyblade appeared in his hand. He headed for the door, walking right past Kairi.
“Wait!” Kairi yelled out. She turned around to face him and found him with his hand on the doorknob, ready to go outside and fight. “I-” She took a deep breath. “I’m going with you.”
Sora looked a little relieved by the news and gave Kairi a small smile. “Great.”
Kairi watched him run out the door and then tried to summon her own keyblade. She stared down at her hand. “C’mon, c’mon.” She gave a small growl when nothing happened. “Work, will you!” She yelled. A light glow covered her hands and she smiled. “That’s better.” The light waned. “No! No!” The light grew bigger and formed into the shape of her keyblade before solidifying into the flowery weapon. Kairi gripped it tightly and then ran outside to help Sora and the others.
Outside she was met by Shadow Heartless and Soldier Heartless by the dozens. Up ahead she spotted Sora fighting through his own field of the dark creatures. Kairi gripped her keyblade tightly and began swinging at the Heartless, killing some and knocking others back. She slowly fought her way to Sora’s side and the two fought back to back for a while.
“How did they get here!?” Kairi shouted over the noise of people yelling and weapons clanging together.
“What?” Sora yelled back.
“Yuffie told me that something prevents the Heartless from entering First District-- and that’s where we are now!” Kairi yelled back. She swung at a few Shadow’s to her right, knocking them back. A few seconds later they sprang forward to attack again, but that time Kairi was able to slash through them.
“I don’t know anything about them coming in here,” Sora grunted as he slashed through a Soldier and then blocked two Shadows from jumping on him. “Although I wish I knew where they all came from! There’s no end to these things!” He ran his keyblade clean through the two Heartless and then whirled around to attack more coming at him from a different side.
“Watch out below!” Yuffie’s voice filtered through the area before a large wooden shuriken flew down from the rooftops and cut through several Heartless in one sweep. Yuffie hopped down near Sora and Kairi and caught the weapon before throwing it again. “Aerith said she told you two to stay inside.” The ninja girl remarked, as she kicked away a Shadow. “Personally, I’m glad you’re out here since something of Cid’s probably would have fallen on your head if you guys stayed in there. And trust me when I say that Cid’s stuff falling on your head hurts. Badly.” She caught her weapon and slashed at the Heartless near her before throwing it again. “I’d stand back, if I were you two. I’m about to do my super cool awesome finishing combo move!”
Sora and Kairi both swung at a few Heartless near them so they could get out of Yuffie’s way. Her weapon was awfully pointy.
“HYYY-YAAAA!!!” Yuffie threw her weapon as hard as she could and while it slashed through the Heartless she ran forward and threw a bunch of miniature shuriken into the crowd of the creatures. All the while she was kicking and punching the Shadow’s and Soldier’s. She leaped into the air and caught her large weapon and then landed easily on the ground. Then she threw it one last time and it spun around in a large circle, taking out the remaining Heartless. “And that’s how it’s done!” She grinned triumphantly and turned to face Sora and Kairi. Her triumphant look faded away when she saw something behind Sora. “Sora, look out!”
Sora didn’t even have time to turn around before something collided with the back of his head, knocking him unconscious.
0-0-0
End Chapter
0-0-0
Shiro: (laughs) I officially love writing Yuffie's character. I really, really do. I find her very easy to write, while I have a little more difficulty with Sora and Kairi. And I don't want to get started on my fighting scenes. It used to be that I refused to write them at all because they were so horrible, but since there's going to be fighting in this story I need to practice and work out things now before I get to the big battles. (sighs) Well, you can't say I'm not trying.
NEXT: Chapter 4: The White Witch