Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 1
 
“Oy…I'm glad that's over…”
 
Lae opened her locker, threw a few books and notebooks into it, then grabbed a few for the next few classes. The hardest part of the day was over. Well, for her, at least. She had a Spanish presentation to do in the last class she had. You're probably thinking, “What's so hard about a Spanish presentation?” Am I right? Well, anyway, it was long, about 5 minutes, a solo act, and she sucked in that class. Well, not as bad as some other kids, but that's a different story.
 
She looked up, about to do her daily check, make sure she looked as best she could, when she noticed something different. Majorly different. Enough to make someone else notice, and someone just happened to pass by.
 
“Hey, Lae, did you do something with your hair? Looks different… It wasn't like that this morning, was it?”
 
“No…it wasn't…”
 
Lae was staring, stunned at her reflection. Her enviously bright golden blonde hair had faded drastically to a reddish-brown.
 
“Hey, Amarii, was it like that in Spanish today?”
 
Amarii, her friend who had asked her about her hair about a minute ago, was now at her locker, struggling to get it open, as usual.
 
“No, it was fine then. That's why it's so weird. Did you get a to-go hair dye and dye it just now or something?”
 
“No! Why would I do that? I love my hair!”
 
“And so does everyone else.”
 
“Yeah, but now they won't…”
 
“Oh, come on, it's not that bad!” She slammed her locker shut and went over by Lae, placing an arm over her shoulders. “Just wash it out when you get home! Or better, in gym!”
 
“I didn't dye it! Why would I dye my hair?!”
 
Amarii laughed as the two girls continued on their way to their next class, which happened to be gym, ironically.
 
--------------------------------------------------
 
5 hours later, after school
 
--------------------------------------------------
 
“Oh, my God that was horrible! Everyone was annoying me today!”
 
Terra stared at her friends' hair as she complained about the horrible day she had had, as usual.
 
“Terra, are you listening?” Lae poked her forehead, causing it to fall back.
 
“Yeah, I was. Don't I always?” Terra lifted her head to its normal position and rubbed the spot where Lae had poked her.
 
“No.”
 
“What did you do with your hair?”
 
“That proves it.” Lae walked away, heading for home. Terra ran foreword a bit, catching up with her, and followed.
 
“Proves what?”
 
“You weren't listening.”
 
“Oh…was it like that all day?”
 
“Yeah. Well, since second hour…”
 
“And you didn't do anything to it? It just changed color by itself?”
 
“Pretty much.”
 
“That sucks…”
 
“Yeah, well…nothing much I can do about it--”
 
“BEEP-BOOP!!!” Terra ran to the crosswalk button and pressed it multiple times, sounding the `beep-boop.'
 
“Oy, must you do that every time?” Lae asked, annoyed, as she always is.
 
Terra inhaled drastically, and paused.
 
“Yes.”
 
Lae rolled her eyes and continued across the street, Terra running to all the other crosswalk buttons and pressing them. Lae ignored her. As you can probably tell, she was used to it.
 
------------------------------------
 
15 minutes later…
 
------------------------------------
 
“BYE LAE-IE!!!” Terra waved to Lae as she turned onto her street.
 
“See you tomorrow!” Lae waved and continued walking home.
 
About 3 minutes later, she turned onto her street, then into her driveway. Up the 40 stairs to the front door, through the door, then up another 80 stairs (I'm over-exaggerating here), and finally into her room. She dumped her backpack and other crap on to the floor and walked over to her vanity, slumping down into the chair and dropping her head onto the vanity table. She turned her head to the side and stared into her own blue-green eyes through the mirror.
 
“What the hell? My hair was so pretty before…why is it so…so…blah?”
 
“Wow, you're more vain than I thought!”
 
Lae shot up and spun around to face…
 
“Gaku?!”
 
An obviously familiar salesman from a favorite manga of Lae's (Absolute Boyfriend) now had grey-ish wings and hovered, `laying' on his side, about 4 feet off the ground.
 
“That's me! Gaku Namikiri, at your service!” He stood up strait, fists on hips, now about a foot off the ground.
 
“Wha-what a-are you doing here? Aren't you just some character in a book?”
 
“Psh, thanks a lot! I thought I was one of your favorites!”
 
“Well, yeah, but still--”
 
“What? I'm `just some non-existent made up character for a story'?”
 
“Well, yeah--”
 
“I exist now, don't I?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“There. Ha.”
 
“Alright…but what are you doing here? And why do you have wings?”
 
“I'm an angel!” Gaku said, cheerfully.
 
“Hah, riiight.”
 
“I am!” Gaku whined.
 
“I would think you were more of a devil, or, at least, a demon instead of an angel.”
 
“How mean!” Gaku pouted. A minute later, he spoke up again. “Fine, I won't help you then.”
 
“Help me?”
 
“Yeah. You're wondering what's wrong with your hair, now, aren't you?”
 
“Well, yeah…”
 
“I know what's wrong.”
 
“What?! Tell me! Please!”
 
“Stop being mean.”
 
“Fine, I'm sorry.”
 
“Really?” Gaku asked Lae, suspicious of her.
 
“Really, I am!”
 
“Alright…let's see now…hn…” Gaku thought for a few minutes as Lae waited for an explanation, slowly becoming impatient.
 
“Well?”
 
“Nah, I'll tell you tomorrow.”
 
“WHAT?!? WHY?!?”
 
“Because you wouldn't believe me now! Bye bye!” He made a swirling white and blue portal in the ceiling and disappeared through it.
 
“WHAAAT?!?!? YOU MEANIE!!! Ugh…” Lae flopped down onto her queen-sized bed (not only was she envied, but spoiled as well), mad at Gaku, yet confused about him actually existing and about what was going on, with her hair, and Gaku knowing what was going on, but not telling her…
 
“I thought it wasn't a big deal…” She thought out loud as she rolled over onto her back and stared at the blank white ceiling.
 
“And what's gonna happen tomorrow that'll make me believe him?”