Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 2
 
“LAE!! WAKE UP!! YA GOTTA GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!”
 
“Yeah, alright!”
 
Lae drowsily slipped out of her bed and into a conveniently placed pair of slippers, then dragged herself to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.
 
“OH MY GOD MY HAIR IS-wait…” She instantly went from surprised to serious as she glared at her reflection, her brain processing what had happened the day before.
 
“Oh yeah…God damned it!” She said angrily as she pounded her fist on the counter. “My beautiful hair…”
 
“LAE!! WHAT WAS THAT!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”
 
“Nothing, Mom!” She called down to her mother as she ran back to her room to get ready for the interesting day to come.
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
1.5 hours later…
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
Lae dragged herself into the room and fell into her chair, still tired from the limited sleep she had gotten the night before. She looked up at the clock, 15 minutes `til the bell. So, she rested her head in her arms on the desk and took a little snooze.
 
“Hey, sleepy head! Wake up! How much sleep did you get last night, huh?”
 
Amarii sat down in the desk next to her and poked her head, prodding her awake.
 
“Ah, stop it…” Lae groaned, still drowsy. “Only about 4 hours…not even…”
 
“What were you doing last night?”
 
“Studying.”
 
“Bullshit. Lemme guess, you found another hot single guy on Ooru Hatsu last night, didn't you?”
 
“How many times do I have to tell you that I don't give a shit whether they're single or not?”
 
“So you did find a hottie! Are you gonna post a picture of you with how your hair is now too?”
 
“Hell no! I'm gonna dye it back, anyway.”
 
“Aw, how sad…that mud brown looks so good on you!” Kara teased.
 
“Oy, bitchy as ever…” Amarii mumbled, loud enough for Lae to hear.
 
Lae laughed, “Yeah, but I'm sure it'd look even better on your face.”
 
“Nice one.”
 
Kara simply scoffed and went back to her seat as some other students who had heard laughed. Lae looked back at Amarii with a slightly worried look.
 
“It's not really a mud brown, is it?”
 
“Nah, more of a reddish-brown…kinda pretty actually…”
 
Lae sighed, “But it's not as pretty as how it was…” She rested her head on her arms again, then turned to look up at Amarii. “Arii? Why are you staring at me?”
 
“Is you hair…redder than it was, yesterday?”
 
“What do you mean?” Lae lifted her head, then bent down and started digging through her backpack for her mirror. “Oh my God you're right…”
 
“Told ya.” Amarii approved, no longer staring.
 
“God damn it, what next?”
 
---------------------------------------------
 
3 hours later, lunch.
 
---------------------------------------------
 
“Hey, Lae! Over here!” Terra waved Lae over to their table, where Amarii was sitting as well.
 
“Hey, what's up?”
 
“Nothin'”
 
“Yeah, the usual.”
 
“As usual.”
 
Amarii laughed, Terra smiled.
 
“Hey, what's up with your hair? It looks redder than it was…you decide you like red and enhanced it or something?”
 
“No, it just changed in first period, this morning.”
 
“Yeah, it was the same as it was yesterday earlier this morning.” Amarii backed her up.
 
“That's really weird…”
 
“Yeah…” Lae spaced out for a bit, thinking about what had happened the day before, with Gaku and everything.
 
`Should I tell them? Nah, they'd probably think I was nuts or something…'
 
“Hey, watch it!”
“Lae, look out!” Amarii yelled as a tray came flying at Lae's head. Lae, having bad reactions, was unable to move in time. The corner hit her cheek, making an inch long and rather deep horizontal cut right under her left eye as the contents of the tray spilled onto her lap.
 
“Oh my God I am so sorry! Oh, why do I keep doing this? I am such a klutz! I'm so sorry!” Nori, the girl who had dropped the tray, apologized, trying to clean up the mess.
 
“That's okay, I can clean myself up--” Lae assured, standing up.
 
“Oh my God you're bleeding!” Nori had looked up at Lae, about to apologize again when she noticed a drop of blood streaming down Lae's face from the cut.
 
“What?! I am?!” Lae placed a hand over her cut, but quickly took it away again when it stung. A line of blood from the stream on her face was now on her hand.
 
“Oh my God I am so sorry!!” Nori took out a tissue and gently held it up to Lae's cheek. Lae backed away again, the tissue stinging her cheek, then took it from Nori and pressed it against the cut, despite the pain.
 
“It's okay, Nori! I'm fine! It's not that bad!”
 
“Not that bad? Not that bad?! It's like a half a centimeter deep and an inch long, Lae!” Amarii yelled as her face came a little to close to Lae's. Lae backed away from her, and she came closer. Nori knelt down and started cleaning up again as a couple lunch people came over to help clean up the mess.
 
“You're coming with us!” Amarii grabbed Lae's arm and started dragging her out of the lunchroom, Terra following close behind. Lae turned her head to face Nori, trying to get the chance to assure her that she was forgiven for the mishap, but Amarii just kept pulling her foreword, with Terra now pushing her.
 
------------------------------------------------------
 
10 minutes later, in the Nurse's Office.
 
------------------------------------------------------
 
Amarii stood with her arms crossed next to Terra, who was sitting down in a corner as they both watched Lae, who was sitting on a bed with the nurse cleaning up her cut.
 
“Ow-ow!” Lae complained as the nurse constantly dabbed the cut with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball.
 
“Yeah, I know, it stings. Always does.” The nurse sighed and continued dabbing. “Well, seeing how deep it is, that's gonna probably leave a really nice scar--”
 
“What do you mean a nice scar?!”
 
“Amarii--” Terra tried to silence Amarii.
 
“That's gonna be on her face for the rest of her life?!”
 
“Amarii, calm down!”
 
“I'm afraid so.” The nurse responded and tossed the wad of wet cotton into a waste basket.
 
“It's fine. One scar never killed anyone. Plus, a scar is a tattoo, `cept with a story behind it, right?” Lae tried to be optimistic, though she hated the thought of a permanent scar on her face.
 
“Well, that's a pretty lame story.” Amarii slumped down into a chair with her arms still crossed and pouted.
 
“No matter how lame the story, it's still got a meaning behind it, right?” Terra assured, looking up at Lae as she nodded.
 
“Yup! I don't really care. The story's kinda funny, actually.” Lae smiled, then made a strait face again as the nurse placed a gauze and some tape over the cut.
 
“Haha, yup!” Terra laughed.
 
“Yeah, I guess.” Amarii smiled and got up, heading for the door. Terra and Lae followed suit.
 
“Hey, Lae! Once you get home, take off the gauze, so it can dry up. If it starts bleeding again, just put another gauze on, until it stops, okay?” The nurse reminded her.
 
“Okay, thanks!”
 
“That's what I'm here for!” The nurse said as she went back into the Nurse's Office.
 
The three girls headed back to the lunchroom to finish their lunches, then continued on with their day, through all the other classes.
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
4 hours later…
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
Lae dumped her school stuff onto the floor in her room again, then went to the bathroom. She inspected herself in the mirror, then slowly peeled the gauze off of her face. A perfect, red, almost diamond-shaped scar lay underneath the bandage.
 
`That's awkward…'
 
Suddenly her eyes flashed a bright green, then returned to normal.
 
`Woah! Even weirder!'
 
“Huh…” Lae stared into her eyes for another minute, shrugged, and went back to her room.
 
When she got there, the case to her Kingdom Hearts 2 game lay on her bed.
 
“That's odd…Oh, yeah…hey, Gaku! You here yet?” She called, looking around her room for any sign of the `angelic' cos-playing salesman.
 
“Now I am!” Gaku appeared behind Lae again, in the same position as the day before, on his side, hovering near 4 feet off the ground.
 
“Well? You gonna tell me what's going on now?” Lae asked, slightly irritated.
 
“Hm…” Gaku hovered around her, inspecting her face and hair. “Yeah, I think I can tell you today.”
 
“Good. Now, what's going on?”
 
“What, did you not notice my clue? I left it on your bed…” Gaku disappeared, then re-appeared, lying on his side, now on her bed.
 
Lae walked over and sat down on the bed, then picked up the game case.
 
“Open it, there's an even better clue inside.” Gaku said as he pointed to the case.
 
Lae opened it, and a picture fell out. A picture of a familiar pyro, another one of Lae's favorite characters. Axel.
 
“What does he have to do with it?” Lae asked as she held up the picture, inspecting it.
 
“Oh, he has everything to do with it!”
 
Lae looked at him, confused.
 
Gaku rolled his eyes. “Alright, go look in your mirror.”
 
Lae got up and walked to her mirror, looking her self over. “Okay…now what?”
 
“Look at the picture again.”
 
Lae looked down at the picture, then up at her reflection again.
 
“I don't get it.”
 
“Are you that blind?!” Gaku sighed and appeared behind Lae. “Alright, look in the mirror.”
 
Lae followed his instructions, and looked into the mirror at herself again.
 
“Now, you're gonna have to use your imagination for this. Imagine you had another scar, just like the one you have now, on the other side of your face.”
 
“Okay…”
 
“And imagine your eyes were that bright green that flashed when you were looking at yourself in the bathroom mirror before.”
 
“How do you know about that?”
 
“Just do it.”
 
“Alright…”
 
“And finally, imagine you had bright red ha--”
 
“OH MY GOD I'M TURNING INTO AXEL!!!”
 
“BINGO!”