Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 3
 
“Hey, Lae, what's up with your hair? You put hairspray or gel in it or something?” Amarii asked as Lae sat down in her seat.
 
“Why would I do that? What's wrong with it?”
 
“It's all…stiff…and it looks like it lifted or something…”
 
Lae's eyes grew wide, remembering, finally knowing what was going on.
 
“Shit…” She stroked her hair, trying to flatten it, but with no luck. Whenever she tried, it would just lift back up to its original position.
 
“Hey, Lae-lie!” Lae shuddered at the nickname as she turned to find the source. Kara stood behind her, hands on hips, glaring at Lae with an evil grin on her face.
 
“Oy, what'dya want now, Kar-kar?” Lae rested her head in her hands.
 
Kara's eye twitched as she cleared her throat. “You trying to get a full makeover or something? 'Cause I hate to say it, but it's not working out for you!”
 
“No shit Einstein. Though I just happen to know someone who desperately needs one…” Lae glared at Kara with her head still resting in her hands, an evil smirk now on her face as well.
 
“You bitch!”
 
“Sorry hun', but the only bitch in here is you, I'm afraid…”
 
Kara growled at her, then scoffed and went back to her seat.
 
“Wow, Lae, what's with the sudden courage lately?” Amarii asked, having noticed that Lae had told off Kara 2 days in a row now.
 
“I dunno…I guess I just had enough of her, thought it would be more fun to go along.” Lae leaned back in her chair with her hands behind her head and shrugged.
 
Amarii looked at her, confused, then got up and went to her seat as the bell rang, signaling first period had begun.
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
3 hours later, lunch
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
“Okay, seriously now! What the hell is going on with you?” Terra asked, irritated, as Lae sat down at their usual table.
 
“What'dya mean?”
 
“Your hair! It's, like, lifted and stiff or something…did you put gel in it?”
 
“No! I never do that!”
 
“Yeah, I already asked her that this morning.” Amarii came over and sat down next to Terra, who was sitting across from Lae.
 
“Really? You didn't tell me that…you only told me about her and Kara…speaking of which, what's up with that? You used to just ignore her before!”
 
“Yeah, well, she was getting on my nerves.”
 
“A--" Terra stopped suddenly and stared at Lae.
 
“…what? What's the matter?” Lae asked, noticing Terra staring at her once she looked up. Amarii looked from Terra to Lae, and back to Terra, then did a double take on Lae and stared.
 
“What?!”
 
“D-did your e-eyes just change color?”
 
“Wha'dya mean?”
 
“They just went from blue to bright green, then changed back to blue…” Terra finally spoke up after staring for more than a minute. “And now they're greenish-blue…”
 
“Are you serious?” Lae looked at Terra with a face of pure and utter disgust.
 
“Yup.”
 
Lae remained silent, with the same disgusted face, staring at Terra.
 
“Lae? You know I hate it when you stare at me like that…”
 
“GOD DAMNED IT!!” Lae pounded both her fists on the table. The table shook as all three of their trays lifted near an inch off of it, then fell back down onto the table. Lae covered her face with her hands and slumped down, her head hitting the table. Terra and Amarii stared at Lae, until Amarii spoke up again.
 
“Um…Lae? Y-you okay?” Amarii asked, her voice overly gentle.
 
Lae sighed and tilted her head to the side. “Yeah…I'm fine…”
 
“What's been going on with you lately, huh?” Terra finally asked, trying not to sound too snotty.
 
Lae sighed again. “You wouldn't believe me if I told you…”
 
“What?”
 
“Told us what?”
 
“Just wait a little longer, okay? Just a couple more days, probably…”
 
“Bu--”
 
“Sure, Lae.” Amarii interrupted Terra. “We can wait.”
 
Amarii continued with her lunch, acting as if she had forgotten about the whole thing. Terra looked at her, confused, then sighed and continued with her lunch as well.
 
“Thanks.”
 
---------------------------------------
 
4 hours later…
 
---------------------------------------
 
Lae sighed as she dropped her stuff onto the floor, in the same spot as the day before. (That rhymed!)
 
“Oy, what a day…”
 
“Well, ya know, it'll probably be like that for a while.” Gaku appeared sitting cross-legged on her bed, furrowing his wings.
 
“Yeah, probably…” Lae sighed again as she sat on the bed next to Gaku. She turned to him, crossing her legs as well and stared at his wings.
 
“…what?”
 
“Are you sure you're an angel?”
 
Gaku paused, a surprised look on his face, then burst out laughing. “Y-you actually b-believed that?!? AHAHA!!!”
 
“Then what are you?” Lae asked, watching him as he laughed hysterically, rolling around on the bed.
 
“I'm a cos-playing salesman Shinigami.” He said, totally serious, as he sat up strait with his legs crossed as they were before.
 
“Wow, talk about a crossover…wait--shouldn't you have a Death Note then or something?”
 
“Eheheh…” Gaku laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. “Well, here's what happened; I had a tendency to steal other Shinigami's Death Note's and to sell them to random humans that I found…so…once the `Old Man' found out, he took mine and banned me from touching any other Shinigami's Death Note…ever…”
 
“Retard.”
 
“Shuddup!”
 
“What did you do with the money?”
 
“What would any Shinigami do? I bought a ton of apples from the human world! And then I gave most of them to other Shinigami in that realm.”
 
“Well that's fair…why did he take yours then?”
 
“I dunno…”
 
“Hey, don't you need a Death Note to increase your life span so you don't die or something?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“So…?”
 
Gaku sighed. “Mr. King Person said if I promised to not steal any more Death Notes and if I volunteered to inform you about what's happening to you, he'd give my Note back.”
 
“So that's why you're here…”
 
“Yup. I'm also supposed to answer any questions you may have.”
 
“Oh, really…? Alright…then you'd know what's gonna happen to me and in what order, right?”
 
“Pretty much!”
 
“And you have to answer any question I have…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Then what's gonna happen to me next?”
 
“Why the hell would I tell you that?!”
 
“You have to answer the question!”
 
“There's no rule saying I can't avoid it though!” Gaku formed another white and blue portal in the ceiling and disappeared through it.
 
“WHAAAAT?!? YOU JACKASS!!! Ugh…” Lae fell back onto her bed and watched the portal disappear, then turned towards her bedside table, the picture of Axel from Gaku in a frame, propped up on the table. She rolled over onto her stomach, grabbed the picture and held it in both hands, looking it over and over again.
 
`Well, I guess this won't be that bad, seeing how hot he is…ha, literally! Man I'm weird…'
 
Lae laughed to herself, still looking at the picture.