Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 9 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 9
 
((6:40am::..::@_school))
 
A'rii and Lae stood among 10 other boys, all A'rii's dad's students as they watched Medy make her way over, followed by 2 other taekwondo students. Almost every other student of the school was staring at them; the fan girls glaring at the “body guards.”
 
Amarii was relaxed, knowing no one could get near her two friends, but Lae was impatient as she waited for Medy. Earlier that morning Medy had called her with…interesting…news…right when Lae kinda…realized…the same happened to her… They agreed that they wouldn't tell until both were present. Lae was tapping her foot, arms crossed, anxious for Medy to get her ass over there.
 
Once Medy finally spotted them after scanning the oddly large crowd she perked up and sprinted over to them as her 2 body guards ran after her. “Hi guys! What's up?”
 
Amarii waved a hello to her as Lae stepped forward, closer to Medy, and leaned over whispering something in her ear. A'rii slowly lowered her hand from waving, raising an eyebrow at Lae.
 
Lae leaned back again when she was done. Medy gave a `just remembered' “Oh yeah…” as a response. Lae face-palmed.
 
“What?” A'rii asked, watching Lae, eyebrow still raised.
 
Both “girls” looked at A'rii, then at each other. “We'll tell you in the bathroom.” Lae answered, looking back at A'rii.
 
“Alright, fine.” A'rii said sarcastically, getting rid of any and all awkwardness. “So is everybody, besides Lae and Medy, here?” A'rii asked, looking down at the paper with all of the students names as Medy and Lae looked around the crowd of guys surrounding them, counting.
 
“Erm…yeah…think so.”
 
“Yup!”
 
“ALRIGHT!! HERE WE GO!!!” A'rii yelled, raising the paper up a bit as she readied herself to speak again. “Asamoto, Kobayashi, Masaki, Satori, Takuma and Tamura! You're with Lae! The rest, that being Akatsuki, Hanabusa, Katakura, Kinoshita, Shirasaki, and Tsukamoto are with Medy! Don't forget who you're assigned to!!!”
 
“Alright A'rii! We're not deaf!!” Lae yelled at Amarii, just as loud as she was as the crowd laughed.
 
“I KNOW THAT!!!” A'rii yelled right back, louder than before, smiling. “Anyway, so the first exam starts at 7:00. This being the second day of exams, it starts with our fifth hour exam. Lae's is Art, Medy's is English. And just so you know, I have Science. So figure out what exam you have and where you'll be in relation to Medy or Lae's exam room. We'll be meeting in the hallway outside of the exam room I'll be in, so remember mine too. The meetings won't be too long; all I'll say is their next exams and my next exam. Then you can go off and do whatever the hell you want, as long as we're in your sights, alright?”
 
Mumbled “yeah”s were heard through out the crowd.
 
“Mkay, now get outta here!” A'rii demanded, smiling to assure them of her sarcasm. Most of them scattered, all except for Asamoto, Masaki and Kinoshita, who stood around for as long as Lae, Medy and A'rii were there, until A'rii noticed.
 
“Kaname (Asamoto), Aido (Masaki), Ichijo (Kinoshita). What's up?” She asked, saying their names to get their attention.
 
“You didn't think what could happen if we weren't here right now?” Aido questioned, raising an eyebrow at A'rii, a smirk on his face.
 
Medy cocked her head to the side, Amarii looked away, thinking, and Lae watched the two.
 
All three guys sighed, and Kaname spoke up this time. “You're more vulnerable for a fan-girl attack outside and between classes than during the actual exams.”
 
“Duh!” Aido said, a hand on his hip as he poked the side of his head with the other, letting his head lean away from his finger on contact, then back into place.
 
Both Medy and A'rii responded with an “Oh, yeah…” as Lae twitched at what Aido just did, and continued to watch them all.
 
“So we decided to guard you between classes and outside and such, since the others were too stupid to realize this, and apparently you too, having failed to mention it.” Ichijo, this time.
 
A'rii stared at Ichijo for a second, and continued to stare as she dug in her jeans pocket and pulled out the same folded up piece of paper from before and unfolded it, reading through all the notes on it.
 
“Oops…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I have it on here…there was just so much I guess I forgot that part…eheh… Well, you three don't mind doing the work for every passing period and outside and stuff, right?”
 
“Nope!” Aido.
 
“Not really.” Ichijo.
 
“No. We're your dad's top 3 students, so it shouldn't be too much work anyway. Most of the other students know that anyway, so then--”
 
“— they'll most likely stay away…” A'rii said, finishing Kaname's sentence as she looked down at the ground with her arms crossed, thinking, but still listening.
 
“Exactly.” Kaname commented, watching her as she thought. Which lasted longer than you'd think. Then Aido noticed and started snickering. And Kaname punched him, shutting him up. Medy laughed as her and Lae watched in amusement, A'rii still in La-La Land.
 
“Alright, can we go to the bathroom now?” Lae asked, directing it at A'rii.
 
“Huh? Oh, yeah, sure.” A'rii said, returning to earth from her trip to La-La Land. (Nan:XD)
 
So they headed for the entrance to the school, then to the bathrooms. There were still a few people (besides fan-girls) outside, just relaxing (sleeping) until exams started. One group they passed was occupied by a mix of girls and guys, about 6 people in all. They had a little portable stereo with some radio station on. Lae only noticed this when a song she liked started playing…and of course when Aido started singing…
 
“Let me tell you about a girl I know.
She like hip hop and rock and roll.”
 
“Oh, God…”

“Let me tell you about a girl I love.
She stay at home `cause she hate the club.”
 
“Aido, shut up.”

“Baby will you be my corona and lime.
And I will be your main squeeze.
And if your brother don't like my style.
We could take it to the street.
We could take it to the street.”
 
“AIDO!!!”

“And if your brother don't like my style.
We could take it to the street.
We could take it to the street.”
 
((+InTeRmIsSiOn+))
 
(Nan: I was listening to that song while I was writing this part, so I just decided to add it in. Corona and Lime by Shwayze, if you wanna know. It's one of my favorites now. Kinda obsessed with it. That happens sometimes. 2 days ago it was One Step At A Time by Jordin Sparks, and a couple days before that it was When I Grow Up by the Pussycat Dolls. There, now you know what I like to listen to. And if you noticed, yeah, Kaname, Aido, and Ichijo I got from Vampire Knight. I was flipping through my manga for a bunch of random names to use for the taekwondo students and decided to throw those in there. Their full names aren't the same though…ah, well. And this intermission was created only because I typed this at 1:45 in the morning and I couldn't think of anything else to write, since my brain's practically shut down already…so Imma gonna go sleep now…I'll continue it (as you can see)…tomorrow…hopefully…ZzZzZzZzZ)(Alright, maybe not “tomorrow”…don't even remember what tomorrow was anymore…eheh…but at least I'm continuing it! Not canceling it! Too far into it to cancel it now! Plus you all'd probably…don't know…kinda don't wanna know what you'd do if I stopped it…eheh…so I won't! And I'll shuddup now!)
 
((6:55am::..::in_the_bathroom))
 
“Alright, no one's in here, the door's locked and we all know it's impossible to eavesdrop through that fat-ass door, so what's up” A'rii asked as she stood, watching the two (what she knew as) “girls,” arms crossed, waiting.
 
“Um...”
 
“Well…”
 
Lae and Medy barely even said, looking at each other as they tried to think of how to explain it to Amarii.
 
“…Well?” A'rii asked again, after 10 long seconds of waiting.
 
“Y-you tell her.” Medy stuttered, nervous for some unknown reason.
 
“Why should I? You're the one that it happened to first!”
 
“S-so!”
 
“ “S-so” what?” Lae mimicked.
 
“You…you've known her longer!”
 
“So!”
 
“What?”
 
“We've both been under the same condition for the same amount of time!”
 
“So then why don't you just tell me already?!” A'rii yelled, irritated with the other two.
 
Both Lae and Medy stood there staring at A'rii, wide-eyed. And of course, Lae recovered first. She stood there a few seconds longer, watching her feet as she thought of how to explain it. After those few seconds, she sighed and bluntly stated; “Let's just say we're… done.
 
((7_hrs_l8r::..::walking_home_from_McDonalds!))
 
Once all…+counting+…11 of the students had finished their first lunch of the summer, at McDonalds, they left, a few still munching on some fries or trying to finish a soda. Lae, Medy and Terra (yeah, they kinda mended everything. I think it has to do with the fact that Terra's the only other person that's still awake and online until 3 am, just like Lae) led the group, filled with a few of their “guards” and their other friends.
 
Right when she stepped outside the door, Lae stopped in her tracks, causing Medy to run into her as Terra stood snickering.
 
“Uh…Lae--?”
 
“IT'S OVEEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Lae yelled across the parking lot, arms in the air.
 
“…I think…I'm deaf…” Medy said as Terra and a few others burst out laughing and the rest were cheering.
 
All except for Amarii, standing near the back of the group with Kaname. She'd been in a daze ever since that morning, unable to get her emotions out of the way, or even to pin-point onto just one.
 
“Ooh, just forget about it already!” She yell-whispered to herself as she stood on the corner, about to cross.
 
“A'rii, c'mon! What're ya waiting for?!” Lae yelled from across the street.
 
Amarii then realized she was the only one standing on that side of the street; the rest of the group had already crossed. “Aw, crap!” She said as she ran across the street. And kinda forgot to check whether she should or not.
 
“AMARII!!!!!!!!” Lae yelled as A'rii sped up and passed a car headed toward her.
 
“Yea?” A'rii asked, slightly out of breath as she stopped in front of Lae on the corner.
 
Lae stared at her, an intense look on her face as she stood there for a few seconds.
 
“…Lae?”
 
“AMARII SAKURA KATYESHA!!! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!” Lae yelled. (Lol, her initials are ASK)
 
A'rii just stood there in shock, staring right back at Lae. “I-Im sorry--” Right then, Lae almost instantly pulled her into a hug, nearly squeezing her to death.
 
“Don't you dare do that ever again. Got it memorized?” Lae slightly whispered to her, as she continued hugging her.
 
A'rii was glad Lae couldn't see her as her face grew warmer and warmer, and simply nodded into Lae's shoulder, the heat fading as she relaxed. “Ok, I'm sorry.”
 
“Good girl.” Lae praised, letting go of Amarii and patting her on the head.
 
((…a_while_later…around_midnight::..::Lae's_house))
 
Lae immediately woke up when she heard a loud “bang” from somewhere outside her home. She shot out of bed and accidentally landed, slipped on, and fell on top of what was a peacefully sleeping Medy. “Sunova—”
 
“What do you think you're doing?” Medy asked drowsily as she sat up, Lae scrambling to do the same.
 
“What, you didn't hear that--?”
 
“Sshh! You're more awake than I am and I still have the decency to be quiet when the rest of them are asleep!” Medy whisper-yelled at Lae as she looked around the dark room, her eyes adjusting as outlines of a bunch of other people lay scattered around her huge room.
 
“Oh yeah…oops...well, anyway, you didn't hear that before?” Lae whispered this time.
 
Medy stared at her, eyes droopy. “I was sound asleep until about 15 seconds ago when you fell on me.”
 
“Oh…you really do sleep like a log…”
 
“Genius. Now go back to sleep.”
 
“But what about that noise?”
 
“It was probably noth--” Medy was interrupted as another “bang” was heard from right outside. “What the hell was that?!” She whispered again.
 
“The exact same thing I heard before. C'mon.” Lae said as she stood up and headed for her bedroom door, being careful not to step on anyone else, Medy following.
 
((outside…))
 
“Uh…Gaku? You alright over there?” Lae asked as she noticed Gaku appear around the mini-forest of her back yard. Heh, who couldn't notice? He didn't come like he normally did. Well, not really, at least. From what it looked like, that swirling white and blue portal that appeared when he did he was apparently trying to close on his own. And an odd black-ish looking blob of… something… was trying to get out of it.
 
“Eheh… yeah, well, here's the thing; you know how Axel and Demyx - officially - were Nobodies, right?”
 
“Yeah…” Lae and Medy, though more said Nobodies than said duo, responded in unison.
 
“And how you guys - technically - aren't…yet?”
 
“…Y-yeah…” Both gir-er-guys were watching the portal now, slight fear showing in their faces.
 
“And you remember how, exactly, to become a nobody?”
 
Both thought for a few seconds until Medy looked at Lae, still a bit clueless.
 
Lae remembered exactly how one became a Nobody.
 
Medy could tell she knew by how her eyes widened when she remembered and looked back to the portal. Both gulped.
 
“Y-+gulp+-yeah…” Lae barely managed, Medy not even bothering to try.
 
“Well apparently you two managed to dodge every other possible opportunity - don't ask - I don't have any idea when you did either - so the “Top Dogs” decided, `Oh, why don't we just flood Gaku's portals with Heartless? They'll eventually get to those two!' ”
 
“S-so, y-you mean…” Medy trailed off, raising a shaking finger towards the now black and purple overflowing portal.
 
“Exactly. So are you two gonna help me or what?” He asked them, half smirking, his eyes gleaming with excitement.
 
Axel got it right away.
 
His eyes grew wider, but only for a second as they became almost psychotic, fire flashing over his iris every now and then. And a wide grin spread across his face.
 
“Now that's what I'm talking about.”
 
Gaku nodded to Axel and looked to Medy. “And you?”
 
Medy cocked her head to the side, still not getting it. But once he turned to Axel and saw his face he almost immediately knew.
 
“Oh, so that's how it's gonna go, huh?” He said, grinning as well, thought his wasn't as psychotic as Axel's. Demyx raised his left hand above his head as a dome of water formed around him, gathering above his hand to make a ball of water that flashed and became a blue sitar, Demyx's sitar, his sitar. He spun it in the air once before letting it fall into place, where he now stood, in his fighting stance.
 
“You bet!” Gaku said, his excitement constantly growing.
 
Axel, before Gaku even spoke, stretched his arms out to his sides with his hands open, palms facing outward as a disc of fire spun parallel to each hand, forming two red and silver chakram that he immediately grabbed, letting his arms drop to his sides and shifted his weight onto his right leg, holding onto the chakram in his left hand as he played with the other, simply letting it rock back and forth, from his middle finger to his index and back again.
 
And at that very moment, Gaku jumped forward, away from the portal and spun in the air to face it as a couple of silver kunai, similar design to Larxene's, appeared in his hands that he instantly whipped at the portal, already making three little shadows disintegrate.
 
“What, you're actually gonna help us?” Axel asked, a bit surprised.
 
“Yeah, Gaku.” Demyx added annoyingly as he strummed a few notes, balls of water forming in mid-air around him.
 
“When do I not help my customers? And you're my boys! Plus I've been waiting for this for a while now…” He answered, throwing more kunai at the constantly growing mob of heartless.
 
“ `Your boys?' ” Axel asked mockingly as he chucked his chakram at a bunch of Neoshadows.
 
“You know what I mean. I can't just leave you like that.”
 
“Who said you're leaving?” Demyx asked. Sadness filled his voice and eyes as the water bubbles pummeled more heartless.
 
“What, you don't expect me to stick around forever … Do you?” He stopped, looking toward the other two. They stopped as well and were watching Gaku with saddened expressions.
 
“W-well I didn't expect it … I just never thought about it.” Axel answered, going back to the heartless.
 
“Y-yeah.” Demyx agreed, doing the same.
 
Gaku smiled, following suit. “Well, you won't be seeing the last of me.”
 
Both the pyro and the bubble perked up. (Nan: don't ask. I just like calling him that.)
 
“But I'm afraid this is the last time you'll be seeing me in this dimension!”
 
Both boys turned just in time to see Gaku smile and wink at them as he disappeared through another effortlessly blue and white portal.
 
They stood there for as long as the portal was, watching it disappear, when…
 
“AGH!! SHIT!!!” Axel yelled when a group of heartless decided to play dog-pile-on-the-Axel.
 
“Pft-HAHA!! UWAH!” Demyx laughed before some others did the same to him.
 
((a_few_hrs_l8r::..::about_2_am))
 
Both Axel and Demyx were worn out, though the heartless kept appearing.
 
“Well, he said this was so we'd be nobodies, right?” Axel turned to Demyx, hunched over a little more than usual.
 
“Yeah, he did.”
 
“So…”
 
“So what?”
 
“Are we really supposed to keep fighting them then?”
 
“I--”
 
“Hey, what are you guys—oh my God…” Amarii said when she saw all the Heartless running around, particularly, as it seemed, trying to attack Axel and Demyx. But once they saw A'rii, apparently those stupid Heartless actually had what seemed to be and idea.
 
And went for Amarii.
 
“Oh, HELL NO!!” Axel yelled as he jumped and whipped around in front of Amarii, throwing his fire-engulfed chakram at the seemingly very slow Heartless and watched them disappear, until he heard a gasp from behind him. He turned abruptly, hoping to face Amarii, perfectly fine, besides being a bit shocked, but of course not. All that was there was the end of a quickly disappearing dark portal.
 
“SunovaBITCH!!” He screamed as he whipped his chakram at more Heartless that had appeared now behind him, turning back around in the process. He continued to attack the constantly appearing Heartless, though more mercilessly than before as he fought to release his growing anger.
 
Demyx simply stood on the side, only slightly horrified as he watched the pyro for the next few minutes.
 
“…Ya know, constantly trying to kill `em isn't gonna get her back, I don't think.”
 
Axel froze in place as that realization hit. He stood up strait, looking to the ground, then slashed at a few Heartless as he turned toward Demyx.
 
“A-duh.” The bubble (^_^) added.
 
“Dammit…you're right…” He sighed as he let his chakram disintegrate and fire die down.
 
“W-wait a minute—AXEL!!” Demyx now yelled as he ran over to defend him, but was too late. A swarm of Heartless surrounded him, taking him out of Demyx's sight as he was consumed.
 
And with near no time to get away, Demyx was taken as well.