Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Rose Child ❯ The Island. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel girl89: Ya, ya I know I have another fic to write. It's just that I don't want to right now. Not to mention the fact that my computer crashed and I lost all my data. So while I waited for my computer to get fixed I got really into my Kingdom Hearts game. Before I knew it I was writing this in my spare class time (O.O don't tell my mom!). Now A'tral will do the declaimer.
 
A'tral: Oh ya. Who said I have to?
 
Angel girl89: Do it or I'll stick you in the same room as the King of Darkness.
 
A'tral: Who? That silver haired kid?
 
Angel girl89: -_-! NO, ANSEM. BAKA, (hits him with a baseball bat), BAKA, (hits him with a fishing pole), BAKA, (hits him with an old keyboard).
 
A'tral: Oooww! Don't hit so hard (Rubbing his head.) O.O (Sees me with the old keyboard). Ok, ok I'll do it. Angel girl89 does not own Kingdom Hearts or any related charters but her own.
 
Angel girl89: now was that very hard? ~_~ on ward.
 
 
Kingdom Hearts: The Rose Child
 
Chapter One: The Island.
 
“Hey Kairi, over here,” cried a young 15-year-old girl. Her peach colored skin was slightly lighter then her friend's; just right for her light sky blue hair and her deep midnight blue eyes. Of course her clothes were different as well, instead of a skirt and shirt she wore a pair of black jeans with blue flames and a blue sleeveless shirt. The wrists to elbow sleeves were black with blue flames like her pants as well. With her wooden sword strapped to her back, Rose quickly tied up her boat. She stood up and watched as the red-headed young girl slowly made her way to the dock. Kairi had been one of her best friends since she had arrived here on the islands eight years ago. As she waited, her mind wondered to when she had arrived at the islands. She had been clinging to a piece of drift wood not far out from the kid's island. After she had been rescued she woke up in warm comfy bed, alone. The room was inviting and when all was said and done she ended up being friends with Sora, Kairi and Riku. She never did find out who had rescued her.
 
“Hi Rose,” Kairi answered. She quickly climbed onto the dock and tied up her own boat. Kairi could partially taste her friend's irritation. Like her other two friends, Sora and Riku, Rose was highly competitive. Oh how Rose hated losing, thought she could be a good sport about it unlike some others Kairi knew. It still brought tears of laughter to Kairi's eye when she thought of the fist time Sora had told Rose to go play dolls or something. By the time Rose had finished with him, Sora would have been better off getting Riku angry. For a week Sora had complained about being as sore as if he had swam the length between the two island's 50 times.
 
“The boys beat us here,” Rose stated bitterly. Kairi mentally sighed at her friend's competitiveness. She's just as bad as Riku and Sora, she thought. Rose knew very well what was going on in her friends mind. She didn't care if Kairi thought of her as feisty girl, because that was who she was whether she was approved of was their opinion. Luckily Kairi, Riku, and Sora had taken a liking to her. Of course it also helped that Kairi had come barely a year before her. That was she had someone to talk to about it.
 
“Well Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka aren't too far behind,” Kairi replied. Rose sighed and nodded. Kairi was just trying to cheer her up, not that she minded. It just meant that Kairi cared is all.
 
“So you ready to start on the raft?” Rose asked as she looked around, “Hey look there's Sora…”
 
“Sleeping…” Kairi noted.
 
“On the beach…”
 
“As usual,” they finished together. Rose watched as Kairi walked over to Sora. Like always the fourteen year old boy had fallen asleep like the laid back kid he was. When he woke up Rose was surprised to see the dazed look on his face. He sat up, looked around and lay back down only to jump up at the sight of Kairi. Rose smiled and even laughed when Kairi hit Sora on the top of the head, disregarding the worry from before. She looked over the beach and spotted Riku. Quickly, she looked away, her smile fading. When ever she saw those three together she felt a little lonely. They had always fit together perfectly and she thought she was just another body in the way. Then again every time she felt like that they'd do something to make her feel like she fit in around here.
 
“Rose you ok?” Sora asked as Riku sat down next to him. She looked over to him, her smile back in place. Sora frowned at this, knowing that when she had been looking away Rose hadn't been smiling.
 
“Ya, I'm fine,” she answered, walking over to them. She heard Kairi challenge the boys to a race. They muttered something, looked at each other and shot up. All four of them took off. Rose winked at Kairi, causing her to laugh harder, and push herself to go faster. As she passed Sora he glared at her but she just shrugged it off and kept going. When they neared the finish line she closed the gap between Riku and her, holding it until they crossed the finish line. They tied.
 
“How did you get so fast?” Riku asked when he caught his breath. He had raced with her many times and she had never been this fast. If he wasn't careful she'd get faster then he was.
 
“Practice,” she answer as the other two came up. Rose was thrilled that the practice races with Tidus and Wakka had paid off. She had spent countless hours running that same track with those two as Riku and Sora raced two the star tree.
 
“Oh man, I can't believe I got beat by a girl,” Sora said, bent over double. Everyone froze, as Kairi and Riku looked at Rose. She just turned and started to walk away. Quickly she took several deep breaths as she walked down the ramp; acting as if nothing was wrong.
 
“Hey Kairi, we need something for a sail right?” she asked before anyone could say anything. Kairi looked at her surprised that her friend wasn't going to kill Sora for what he said. Not that she or Riku would blame her, after Sora had been know to say the wrong thing from time to time.
 
“Yes,” Kairi answered, worried about her friend.
 
“Ok, I'll be right back,” Rose said as she walked away, deaf to Kairi's and Riku's verbal beatings at Sora. It had been awhile scene anyone had said that. It had taken a long time to get the boys to except her for more then just a girl. Shaking those unpleasant thought from her head she made her way to the tree house, vaguely remembering that she saw a cloth there. As she reached for the cloth she heard something.
 
The purest heart…
 
“Wha…” she whirled around, her hand flying to the wooden sword on her back. After a quick look around her hands fell to her side. They were shaking as she took a few deep breaths. Her heart was thumping in her throat with the realization that for a moment she had acted like some one totally different. But who she didn't know and in truth she didn't want to. When she had calmed, Rose grabbed the cloth and headed for where Kairi was.
 
“Here Kairi, I got us a sail,” Rose said as she came up to her. She handed Kairi the cloth.
 
“Thanks, I got something for you too,” Kairi said handing Rose a potion, “Um Rose are you ok?”
 
“Ya, I'm fine,” Rose answered. She left heading for some place to think, and the best place for that was the Paopu Island. After the short trudge up the slightly curving stair case she push open the door, leading to the plank bridge to the Paopu Island. As she reached the island she saw Riku sitting on the angled Paopu tree. Quickly she tried to leave as quiet as possible, only to fail.
 
“You know Rose, I don't own the island,” he called without looking back. Rose stopped and looked at him. The sun was still some time from setting, thus the sky was brilliant gold's and light blues. Biting her lip she walked over to him. Without thinking about it she climbed on the smaller tree, facing away from the horizon and dropped. Her legs caught her fall so she just swung feeling free from everything. There was an awkward moment of silent between the two of them before Riku spoke again.
 
“Rose, what do you think of the trip?” he asked. It had been bugging him ever since they had decided to go. For the past couple of days she had been thinking often, even at her home or at least that's what Kairi had said. She always keeps a lot to herself and for some reason that worries me, he thought. When they had first met he had thought her to be shy, however over the first few weeks she went from shy to fierce to kind, among others. Yet she barley said how she really felt about something, even now.
 
“To tell you the truth I… I'm kinda afraid. I mean we don't what's out there and there's a possibility that…” Here she paused unsure of how to say this. It felt like that fear had settled in her chest and was now a lead weight.
 
“That?” he pressed. He had always liked it when they talked. For some reason the two of them could talk for hours without feeling odd about it. When they talked it was usually about any thing that was bugging them at that point. And after all the talks they had he could tell that this was really bothering her
 
“That we won't be able to come back. But then there are so many things that we could see, so many different people to meet. And maybe I can find out where I belong. Then maybe I won't feel so lonely,” she finished in a whisper. Never before had she told anyone that she had felt lonely, like an extra piece to the puzzle. That last part caught Riku's full attention.
 
“Lonely? What do you mean?” he asked. He had never guessed that she had felt that way. To him she had always appeared to be happy. That not true, stated a small voice in the back of his mind, you knew she might have felt lonely. Somehow he had known the possibility of such a though but never had any way to prove it.
 
“I always felt like there was something missing, like I was forgetting something. So if I can find out what it is than maybe I won't feel so lonely. And maybe I'll find the answers to all my other questions,” she finished. Carefully she pulled herself up and sighed. She had done a lot more thinking out loud rather then to herself. Of course she didn't mind talking to Riku. It was always easy to speak to him. As she sat there she sensed Riku climb down next to her.
 
“You know,” he stared, “you don't have to feel lonely. I mean you have Kairi and Sora and me of course.” He looked at her wondering if anything he was saying was getting through. It was for this reason that he was worried. For sometimes she would listen but still think the same thing. She sighed, looking away from the island to Riku. That look, she thought as she looked him straight in the eye, why does it hurt so much, it's like he's lost. His eyes were filled with worry. It was as if it hurt him for her to be so lonely here. When she tried her best to smile some of that worry seemed to dissolve.
 
“I know,” Rose whispered. As she moved to get down Riku's hand moved to grip her wrist. She looked at him, surprised. He had never before had the guts to do this for fear that she had feelings for someone else. But he couldn't take it any more, he had to tell her. He had to tell her that he loved to listen to her sing even if Sora and the others said it was a waste of time. And the reason why he stayed out so late was to hear her play that wooden flute of hers. He desperately wanted her to know that he would help her find her memories of who she was and why she was sent away. To top it all off he wanted her to know that he would always protected her. As he began to speak, however, the two of them heard footsteps on the bridge. Quickly he pulled away and slid off the tree.
 
It was Sora and Kairi. The two of them looked at each other when they had seen Riku move so quickly; both where wondering why he was acting like that. Sora just shrugged at Kairi to show that he had no idea why. Even if he and Riku were best buds, there were a few things that Sora couldn't figure out about his friend. Kairi knew this to be true so she just rolled her eyes and headed for the tree. Quickly she climbed up to her favorite spot, watching Rose as she turned to look out at the ocean. Even with a blank look on her face, Kairi could tell that Rose was shocked. Apparently Riku had done something unexpected. And about time too, Kairi thought, thinking of all the times she had caught the two of them watching the other out the corner of their eyes.
 
“Hey, um, Rose. About what I said earlier… um,” Sora said. He was standing beneath Kairi staring up at Rose. Once more he didn't know how to say what he wanted to say. It wasn't unusual for him to be tongue-tied when he wanted to apologize.
 
“Sora, it's ok,” Rose said, smiling at him. He gave her one of his biggest goofiest grins then climbed up next to Kairi. Both girls rolled their eyes at Sora's usual antics. As Riku and Sora started talking the girls just watched the sun not really paying much attention to either of the boys. After a few minutes Kairi got dragged into the conversation and Rose just continued to think to herself.
 
“Hey Rose what about you? What would you do if we found another world?” Sora asked.
 
“I… I don't know. I suppose that I'd probably try to find out what I could about that world. And maybe I might find some who knows me. I mean there's got to be some one out there right?” Rose replied.
 
“How should I know?” Sora asked her.
 
“Come Rose, on we better get home before we get yelled at again,” Kairi said. She and Rose both climbed down from their places on the Paopu tree and started across the bridge. Rose sighed knowing that either tomorrow or the day after they would be leaving probably never to return.
 
 
Angel girl89: Whoa six pages. Even I didn't know that it would be that long.
 
A'tral: Did you have to take so long. The beginning is bad enough as it is.
 
Angel girl89: Oh hush! -_-!
 
A'tral: And what if I don't.
 
Angel girl89: I'll die your hair black. No affiance to those who have black hair he just doesn't like that color.
 
A'tral: NOOOO! (Runs and hides).