Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Herats-Awakening within a dream. ❯ Memories Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

MEMORIES OF PAST
 
Our Savior, keeper of the Dawn Blade shall rise from the deepest of shadows on blackened wings. A voice that shall shatter the heart of darkness. One who will bring a new light and with that a new hope. One, who has plunged deep into the heart of darkness consumed by its hatred, yet broke free of its eternal grasp. One who will lose the most valued treasure of his existence to bring a new Dawn to his people. Our praise to lift your wings Savior Amen.
 
 
It wasn't as if that had been her first time speaking that prayer at the Ceremony yet every time it was spoke a feeling of gratitude seemed to rest on her shoulders. Her heart felt light within her chest and fluttered. She had always enjoyed the Dawn Ceremonies just for that particular reason. As a child even she had always anticipated till the next celebration. Not just the sight of all her people made her heart sing but just the happiness it brought to them made her beam as if she were the one they praised.
 
 
Who ever this savior was she only wished he could feel what she felt during prayer and see how much her people needed his power. Although the darkness had never given them much trouble there numbers seemed to grow each day. It wasn't surprising that people might start to feel unsafe, and as a ruler you did what you had, to protect those you loved.
 
 
“Well (sigh) who ever you are, please I beg you take mercy on these people they ask for your guidance and yet …” “Triyn look out!” a voice rang trough her head. Yet as she looked around not a single person around her had a panicked expression that would have matched the frantic voice she had just heard. She leaned over and nudged her brother Sakuel. “Hey did you hear that voice just now?”
 
 
He didn't answer nor did he even look in her direction. “Sakuel!” she mused, “Did you hear me?” Yet he didn't move or make a sound “What's wrong with you!?” But now as she looked everyone around her didn't make any sound or even move! As if they had all been frozen in time. “Wh-whats going on? Is this some kind of sick joke? What s wrong with everyone?” she said standing. “HA WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW EH?” She spun in the direction of the voice. No one moved yet the more she searched the louder the laughing grew. “HA WHATS WRONG PRINCESS? YOU DON'T LIKE MY GAMES?” and a silhouette loomed behind her. Yet no matter how hard she tried she couldn't even catch a glimpse of the fleeting shadow. The more she turned the faster it would dance just out of her sight and continue to lurk behind her. Exhausted she called “Who are you?” But as she listened for a reply she heard nothing just as she had earlier. The sound of the silence buzzed in her ears and she could no longer feel the shadows presence.
 
 
Frantically she turned scanning the still crowd for any signs of movement but who ever it had been, was gone. She inhaled deeply and tried to regain her composure. Glancing at the people around her she could pick out faces of people she had grown up or attended school with. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted two of her closest friends, Feryn and Kyro only feet away. As she approached them she studied their facial expressions. Feryn's face was locked in an absent smile, along with two curious eyes that almost looked too young and vulnerable for her face. While Kyro's face screamed boredom and annoyance, which really didn't surprise her, Kyro never liked working in crowds of people. Their arms linked it was as if she were looking at a candid picture.
 
 
Feryn a Dawn Dreamer woe her magic robes with her hair tied back in a bun while Kyro a Dawn Knight wore light armor and her hair pulled back into a long braid. She reached out to touch them but as her fingers were within inches of them the voice that had cried out earlier rang through her head pounding into the back of her scull. “Run Triynidii please get away from here its not safe!” she looked around “Hide” the voice hissed “There coming!” With out a second thought she bolted for the nearest door and into an Armor Shop storage closet giving her just enough room to peek out. “Why am I trusting some strange voice?” she wondered aloud. She felt ridiculous hiding and was contemplating coming out when all of o sudden she could see faint movement making its way through the sea of frozen people. Two black-cloaked figures emerged from the crowd and made there way to where she had been standing only moments ago. One figure was tall and lanky while the other was only a foot or so taller than herself.
 
 
(Sigh) Figures we give him one job to do and he screws up! This is a waste of time lets head Ro-“ “Hold on” the shorter figure interrupted as he bent down brushing the ground with his finger tips. “ I don't think she would have gotten very far.” he mused turning right in her direction, Every muscle in her body screamed for her to run but she didn't dare move. Did he know where she was? “The way I see it, she could be hiding quite close. Oh damn why hadn't she hid further away? “ Could be! Could be? Are you implying that as in you don't know? I'm telling you this is pointless!” he groaned as he removed his hood revealing strikingly bright red hair and icy teal eyes. For a second she forgot she was supposed to be hiding. Ugh stay focused! She thought. “(Sigh) yeah, I guess your right Axel.” The shorter one answered removing his hood now. But he had his back to her so all she could see was that he had blonde hair. “Its just I feel guilty going back empty handed. Boss is going to kill us…” She strained too get a better look at the two of them when all of a sudden her weight shifted wrong and she felt her momentum pulling her forward. “Oh crap!” she thought as she came crashing out of the closet and went rolling into the door way only feet from the two strangers.
 
 
Her head was spinning and she tried to clear her thoughts. “Well well, look what we have here.” She heard through blurred vision. “So are we in fact addressing Princess Trinidad or are we mistaken?” She glanced up only to be met with a cold hard stare that bored into her thoughts. “Well?” The red haired boy asked. “Are you going to answer us…” He took a step closer. “Or are we going to have to use force?” Suddenly two large and not to mention sharp looking circular weapons formed in his hands. She couldn't speak let alone move her mind was shouting at her to run but her body wouldn't budge an inch. “Well? Answer me!” He demanded lowering his face directly in front of hers. His eyes were such an intense shade of teal she found herself gawking but as she looked deeper into those eyes they looked almost menacing in a way.
 
 
She pulled her eyes away to get a look at the blond haired boy. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked at his face. Unfamiliar words seemed to form in her mouth from out of nowhere. “S-s-s-Sora?” She pronounced blankly. As she watched as .his eyes widened with surprise. “Y-you …Y-you're …your Sora… S-Sora's Nobody…”she trailed off What was a nobody? She wondered. All of a sudden her head started to swim as millions of unknown memories filled her mind. Scenes flashed before for eyes, scenes of people shed never seen before yet in a way felt strangely connected to. One in particular a boy she saw in almost every scene. Was that the Savior? That same boy fighting the darkness creatures.
 
 
“Heartless” her mind informed her, yet she'd never known that before. Then she saw a scene of several of the black-cloaked figures… “Organization XIII” her thoughts corrected. Organization XIII is that who those two men were? The memories continued to bombard her like hundreds of silent films their presence in her mind was so intense it was hard to keep her thoughts and vision clear. Suddenly everything stopped frozen on one scene of two girls and two boys whom to their counter parts looked almost like twins. The two girls stood further away from her one with blond hair and blue eyes “Namine” she heard the other with wine colored hair and deep blue eyes “Kairi” she head again. “Hmm Namine and Kairi.” She wondered. She then turned to look at the two boys, “What?” just looking at the first boy his name she seemed to already know. “Sora…that's Sora. Could he be our Savior?” the she turned her attention to the other boy standing with him. Her mind wavered and the edges of her vision blurred. This memory seemed too much for her, but she fought to hold on. Namine and Kairi touched hands and Namine faded into nothing. “Kairi is now whole again.” She heard from the corner of her thoughts. But just as Sora and Ro-ro-rox…she fought to hold on to the memory just long enough to see him disappear just as Namine had, and then her mind and everything around her want black and she fell through the darkness. She fell like a rag doll through nothingness unable to keep from losing herself in the black void she was falling through. And once again words came to her unwanted. “Roxas!” she screamed as she hit solid ground and the darkness around her shattered. “What's happening to me” then she fell unconscious “Sora…is now whole again…”
 
 
SORA: “I dreamt about her again, this time though I don't think it was a dream…it was much too real, or at least it seemed that way. Although this time I was able to speak to her…though I didn't have enough time to tell he…” “Who's there?” I asked, unsure off who was speaking inside my head. “Huh? I-I'm Sora.” The voice answered. “Sora? You're the boy in my memories or well…” I couldn't seem to finish. “Who are you?” he asked. “Oh my name is Princess Trinidad or well Triyniidi.” I answered. “Wait your Triyniidi?” He asked hurriedly. “Um, yes” I answered almost unsure. “You're the girl I keep dreaming about!” he announced. “Um really, well your Sora…Roxas is your Nobody…right?” the names didn't roll off my tongue quite right”. Yeah! How do you know that?” he questioned. “Honestly I don't know, all these memories…your memories I'm guessing, have informed me. How do you know my name?” Almost no one knew my full name yet this boy id never even met had just used it. “Well somebody told me, they asked that I watch out for you.” He admitted. “What? Who told you that?” Nothing made sense. “ I don't really know they just assured me you would understand soon enough.” “Please what did he look like?” “I don't know he was wearing a cloak I couldn't see his face sorry. But he sounded as if he cared for you…” “What? Sora I cant hear you…like your getting further away.” I called after him. “One of us is probably waking up.” He called somewhere far off in the darkness. “No wait I still have more questions! Was it you who was calling out to me to hide and run?” “ Yes that was me.” his voice grew fainter. “When will I talk to you again?” “In the next Dream we share…” “Are you him, are you the Savior!?” But he was gone, I never felt so alone and so confused more than that moment. I was alone, lost in the darkness of my mind unable to find the light.
 
 
“Princess? Princess Triynidii?”
“Oh I hope she's okay!”
“Triyn? Wake up!”
 
 
All around me I could hear murmurs of familiar voices.
“HEY! MOVE OUT OF MY WAY! I'LL WAKE HER.”
Suddenly two hands griped my shoulders and shook me.
“GET UP TRIYN!” Kyro screamed in my face. “Kyro don't' you thing you should be more gentle?” a concerned Feryn whispered from my left. I struggled to open my eyes the light was so intense it took some time for m eyes to adjust. “Kyro I'm fine…”I managed through her continuous shaking”. Oh thank Guard!” Kyro exhaled releasing me. “Triyn? What happened to you?” Feryn questioned. I went blank my mind was contemplating whether or not to tell the truth. “You didn't see them?” I asked only to get a look of utter confusion. All eyes were on me whispers and snickers could be heard all around me but I tried my best to block them out. I looked hard into Kyro and Feryns expressions for some sign of assurance but there faces showed they had no idea of what to make of the current situation. “Eh, well I must have just been in the sun a little too long. Just fainted for a second no big deal.” I announced half-heartedly. I felt terrible for lying to basically everyone, but everyone around me seemed to buy into it…