Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Light ❯ Winter Festivities~Part One ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

DisClaimer: As you know, I own No one except Hikari, her family, all Teachers,and Kuro. I also own the plot, otherwise, KH and FF are owned by Square and Disney and such.
 
Key:
A.N. Authors Note
Thoughts
“Speaking”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Light
Chapter Three: Winter Festivities~Part One
 
Panting he ran. Blood draining from his mouth. He wiped it away with the back of his hand. His Black, curly hair only came to the bottom of his chin. But a large cow-lick (A.N. Who made up that word?) Parted his black hair so it was completely out of his way. His silver pools searched as he ran at an amazing speed. No, He wasn't thirsty anymore. But he had accomplished what his parents originally wanted, until they were slaughtered. Slaughtered By them. And now, they ere slaughtered, and drained. He ran, a black blur in the forest, away from the mansion. But any where but the street. He had to run, The police would be on him soon.
 
How did she escape? A girl escapes me? How did I let that happen?
 
He ran, fast as he could, until he came to the edge of the forest (A.N. Opposite side of where Riku and Hikari are). Scanning to make sure no one had seen him, or impossibly followed him. Once he determined the coast was clear he relaxed. Wiping more blood, but this time, it was coming from his own neck. Very little though. The scent of his own blood upset his stomach a bit, he had to keep moving.
 
This is not good, I need to hurry.
 
He ran and ran, faster then the naked eye. And he vanished into the forest next door, which deep inside, held A cave, and in that cave it went down deep into the earth. He went directly there.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
“Hikari?” Riku's voice was confused. “What happened?” She only shook her head as she wiped away some tears.
“Riku I'm sorry to put pressure on you, but can I stay with you? Just tonight?”
“Uh…” Her voice was his favorite mesmerizing one; it was a broken and hurt one. “Sure...” he ended. Riku wasn't exactly looking forward to this, he was tired, the last couple of days he's been oddly tired. Hence his quietness and non-sarcasm personality. The normal, teasing, Sarcastic Riku took a vacation. She sat in the front seat of his Silver Mustang and he started the car, turned the music down, and turned the air conditioning on, he didn't look to well either.
 
“Are you ok?” She asked looking a bit worried, herself. Riku sighed. “Yeah, Just not feeling to great. Just a cold.” He reassured her. “So…What happened?” Riku asked, keeping an eye on the road but glanced at her many times.
 
“I don't know who he is, or what his name is, or where he's from. All I know, is he's around 18, it looked and his parents and mine had issues” She started looking out the window. Her introduction answered all Riku's questions, now new ones came.
 
“A Long time ago, my parents told me that they had problems with this other family. In their business, it was dangerous—“
 
“What did they do?”
“Archeologists”
“Cool”
“Anyway, all four were great friends. A far as they told me at least. One day they were in an ancient tomb, it was dangerous. There were snakes everywhere, very poisonous ones. My Father and his father had gotten into a fight over money, and one of the snakes bit his father, then another and another. His mother thought my parents pushed him in, so she blamed it on them. They all left immediately” She sighed as if trying to remember. Riku was fixed on the road, but was listening.
 
“Then his mother died of a sickness. She had told her son about this, and ever since every time we ran into him he tried to get revenge, it worked this time” She trailed off, more tears streaming.
 
Riku took a while to catch on; his sickness was coming back to him. But then his sky blue eyes widened. “Your parents...there…dead?” he asked hoping this wasn't true.
 
“Mm hmm” She choked back tears but they started streaming down. Riku sighed as they entered the city.
“Where are you going to stay?” he asked her quietly.
“At the Mansion. Tomorrow after the festival I'm going to head back to the mansion” She spoke quietly.
 
Riku pulled into his driveway. The clock read 8 PM. Hikari was quiet. She was out before Riku had even opened his door. She looked at the sky, golden eyes scanning the now black clouds over head. “A storms coming” she said quietly as the wind picked up. Riku was at the door unlocking it and he looked back at her, then up. “Come on” He said and walked inside.
 
Inside a blast of warm air hit him, the fire place was burning happily.
“Hi honey! The power went out so—oh I see you brought Hikari back” She said a bit confused.
 
Riku took his mother into the kitchen explaining the story Hikari had told. Hikari sat down on one of the salmon colored couches and watched the flames, the undying flames. She sighed and watched quietly, staring for 20 minuets when Riku came back out and sat down in the chair, her mother came out with two cups of hot chocolate. Giving one to each teen. Hikari smiled and thanked Lauren. While Riku just nodded. “Hikari, you are aloud to stay as long as you wish” Lauren reassured her.
 
“Thank you, but after tomorrow night I'm going to stay at the mansion, don't worry” Hikari smiled and yawned. Lauren sighed. “Riku I'm heading to bed, getting up very early, as you know. So you two are in bed by 9:30 ok?”
“Ok” Riku answered, her mom left. Both Hikari and Riku watched the fire until Hikari.
“Distract me” She said quietly.
“What?”
“Talk to me, get my mind off this, please?” She looked at him pleadingly, who could resist. Riku looked a bit dumbfounded. “Uh…ok…what's your favorite color?” Was the first thing he asked?
“White”
“Mines green. Um…Do you like it here?”
“Yes”
“You like the school?”
“Yeah”
“Have a crush on someone?”
“I think”
“Who?”
“I'm not telling” She chuckled. He smirked.
“Hmm…what's your favorite band?”
“I really…don't listen to music...if anything it's classical” She blushed.
“In that case, what's your favorite Instrument?”
“Piano, I play the violin though, at school”
“I'm in band. I play Guitar”
“I always liked the sounds of those”
“So you do listen to music?”
“Of course! I just don't pay to much attention”
“Hmm….your odd...”
“Hey!” She laughed. “I wouldn't be talking” She added.
He laughed. “Fine. What's your favorite holiday?”
“Christmas; so pretty.”
“That's mine to. Only two months to go” he sighed putting his hands behind his head lying back in the couch. She smiled
“Thanksgiving is fun to.” She added; he nodded in agreement.
“I'm out of questions...”
“Well, then I'm out of answers” She smiled.
“Oh. When's your birthday?” Riku asked curiously.
“September 22” She smiled
Riku looked astonished.
“What's wrong? Did I say something?” She asked a bit worried.
“No, no, just, that's my birthday” Riku laughed.
“No way!” Hikari said surprised.
 
They carried on, getting in conversations of music, Riku saying he'd take her various places to show her music and animals. She only agreed. They laughed, and talked until 10 PM when Riku's father unlocked and walked in the door. Hikari now had a blanket wrapped around her. And both had a new cup of hot chocolate. “Hey dad” Riku smiled. “This is—“ He started.
 
“Hikari, yes I know, your mother told me all about this” he smiled. He had Sky blue eyes as well; he was muscular, short spiky brown hair, and tall. His facial expressions were just like Riku's, Hikari noticed.
 
“You both should be in bed...or sleeping…what's the sleeping arrangement?” he asked.
Riku looked at Hikari. She only looked back.
“Um. You cam sleep in my room, I'll sleep out here” he said getting up as she did.
“You sure? I've slept on couches before” She said quietly.
“Good night!” His father called down.
“Night!” both Riku and Hikari spoke. “Anyway, no it's ok, I've slept on them to. You remember where my room is?” He asked. She nodded. “yeah” She said as she left the blanket for him, he smiled as she did.
“Good Night” She said quietly. “And thank you” She said and disappeared up the stairs.
“Night” Riku said quietly as she left. Lying on the couch, he fell asleep pretty fast.
Hikari looked out the window before lying on his bed. She couldn't sleep. Two hours later she finally went to sleep tiredly, full of nightmares, and a restless night.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~**~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
“Hikari? Hikari wake up, we have to go” Riku said kneeling down by the bed. She woke up, golden eyes glazed over from sleep. She moaned. “I don't want to get up” She said quietly. Riku stood up and rummaged threw his closet, looking for another shirt. Finding a black T that had dark golden patterns on it with an electric guitar in the middle he slipped off his white one and put that one on quickly. Hikari sat up, stretched and yawned. She was wearing a different outfit, jeans, Light Blue Converses, an off-white shirt that said `Heaven Sent' in gold sparkly letters. Riku stared at her. “how did you change clothes?” he asked. She looked at him like he was stupid or something. “I can't stay in the same clothes two days in a row! I brought clothes” She ended and chuckled. Riku was still confused. “Right...Anyway we have to go, we've got 20 minuets till school starts”
“Ok”
Both teens left the house, Riku driving, she was asking questions now. Some he had asked that previous night. The questions continued threw out the day, or at least, until third period.
 
“Ok class settle down” Mr. Baginski Started heading to the front of the room. He was a short man, Irish, and in love with Basket ball. “We have a new student. His name is Kuro Ardent” Mr. Baginski introduced. Riku and Hikari had been sitting across from each other, Sora on Riku's Left, and Roxas across from Sora, next to Hikari. They were all chatting happily about the festival that night when they looked up. Hearing Kuro's name, Hikari went Rigid. His hair was curly and black, he wore black, his eyes a piercing silver. A large Cow-Lick in the middle parting his curly black hair. He spotted Hikari and smirked. The teacher put him on the other side of the room, Hikari's back towards him, but she didn't relax. Riku noticed.
“you ok? It's only a new kid” he said quietly. The others looked at her. Then at Kuro. He was watching Hikari, they quickly glanced away. Hikari felt the tears coming.
“I'll meet you after school Riku. By your car” She spoke in a broken voice, and left sneaking past the teacher. Kuro was about to go follow her but the teacher started talking, he wouldn't be able to find her. He gave up on the Idea. The rest of the day, no one saw Hikari. By the end, she was where she said, leaning against his car, looking a lot more happy. “Hello” he smiled as they both got in. driving home it was short. But they both got out. Hikari was a lot happier.
“So” Riku said entering the house. “What was up with you in Social Studies today? It was just a new student” He said quietly tossing his stuff aside. Hikari put hers with his stuff as they traveled to the kitchen; it was already getting dark, clear skies.
“He's a childhood enemy. We never got along” She lied quietly, he didn't catch that. Riku nodded and tossed her a Soda, she wasn't paying any attention, staring out the window, but caught it.
 
“you are amazing” he muttered. She didn't hear. But then looked to him and smiled. “I can't wait for tonight. And your looking a lot better” She smiled.
 
“I'm Riku, I look good all the time” he said sarcastically. She chuckled.
“Yeah, right. Everyone knows my looks are better then yours” She smiled playfully. He was running his hand under water.
“Oh really?” he flicked water at her. She laughed and put her hand in the water splashing him. “Hah” She smiled triumphantly. Riku decided to stop playing with water and drink his soda as Hikari wiped off the water.
 
“Will there be a funeral?” He asked suddenly. She looked confused.
“Funeral? Why?” She asked quietly. He looked even more confused. “Uh… your parents died…remember?” he asked as if she had forgotten.
 
“Oh! No, there will be no funeral” She corrected. Riku chuckled. “You really are odd” He said looking outside; it was almost time to go.
 
“Did you hear the thunder last night?” She asked sitting on the counter.
“No I was knocked out.” He smiled while drinking
“Oh. Well it was REALLY loud! It kept me up for two hours before I actually fell asleep”
“And once you did you were knocked out. I was poking you for a while before I decided to actually say something” Riku laughed.
“Ha hah” She said quietly.
 
This continued on, talking and laughing. Riku didn't notice how her teeth, her eye-teeth were longer and pointier then the others, she had forgotten to hide that. But if Sora were there he would have recognized it. A song started playing, his cell phone. Riku looked at the Id. It was Roxas.
 
“Hey Roxas” He said. He went into silence as Roxas spoke. Hikari had recognized the song, it was her favorite song. “Yeah were coming. Tell Leon to wait for us in the parking lot. In the usual spot” Riku was smiling. “See ya” Riku ended and hung up the phone.
“I love your ring tone, my favorite song” She smiled
“I'm not surprised. Now that I think of it, it is your name” He chuckled. The name of the song was Hikari, from Utada Hikaru. Hikari smiled. “Come on there going now, we have to hurry. We'll get there around the time they do” He smiled heading outside locking the door behind them. Hikari followed. Getting in the car they drove listening to many CDs as now Hikari went threw them. She took a liking to the older ones. In the end they ended up listening to `Panic! At the Disco' because Riku wanted to show her what he listened to.
 
“You have a nice voice” she complemented. He smiled. But that faded in confusion. “How could you hear me?” He asked curiously. She shrugged. “I could just hear you” She said quietly. It was very dark except for the festival lights. The ferries wheel was lit up, roller coasters, fun and games, stages, and food. She was growing excited. All this was by a lake. Which fireworks would explode over at the end. They parked next to a green van. As Hikari and Riku got out, Riku was jumped on by Sora and Roxas.
“Ahh!” he yelled getting them off. Kari and Namine' chuckled as Cloud and Aerith joined them. “Hey. Glad ya made it” this was Leon's voice. Him and his brown hair. He looked like a biker.
“Thanks for inviting us” Riku smirked. “This is Hikari” He pointed to Hikari who was at Riku's side listening. Rikku came over excited. “Hello!” Ready to head to the festival?! It's just starting come on!” She said running off. Followed by Leon and Tiffa, Leons arm on Tiffa's waste. Aerith and Cloud, who's arm was around her shoulders, Roxas and Namine' who were holding hands. Sora and kairi who were talking. And Hikari and Riku. She stayed a bit behind him but smiled. “They are all so cute” she smiled. “Kind of Ironic…” Riku had his hands behind his head.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~ *~*~
 
Inside the festival the entire group all went to eat. Sitting down everyone commerced quietly. Sora once again explained the `White Vampire' Legend. Everyone either laughed, or paid no attention. Sora went along with it. “So who's up for the rides?” Leon asked standing up, Tiffa following excited. Everyone agreed and got up. Hikari stayed close to Riku enjoying all the sites, she didn't say much. Riku laughed and teased Sora and Kairi occasionally chasing after one of them, then Roxas would join in, both boys attacked Sora playfully while Kairi, Namine', and Hikari laughed together.
“So, did he ask you yet?” Namine's sweet voice asked.
“Hmm not yet” Kairi answered. “But I hope tonight” She smiled. Namine' nodded. “Come on Leon and the others are already in line” She smiled. Looking to Hikari she smiled. “let's get them” She laughed, all three girls tore the boys apart, Sora looked a mess. Riku and Roxas were laughing as they got in line.
“Mystic Ruins?” Hikari asked looking at the name. “This ride traveled to underneath the ground deep, you'll see” He smiled as they all got in. Everyone sat together, four to a row.
“Where's Rikku?” Hikari asked noticing she wasn't there. Riku shrugged. “She's probably running around stealing things” he chuckled as they both got on the seatbelts and hung onto the bar in front of them.
“Is this a fun ride?” She asked looking at Riku.
“Oh yeah. The funnest though is the huge new roller coaster, just came out last year, it's the biggest wooden roller coaster, it takes you around the park, and underground” He smiled. Hikari seemed to shrink.
“What you don't like roller coasters?” He asked with a smirk. She gave a nervous laugh, but then the ride started, Riku noticed her go tense. “Haven't you ever been on any rides?” he asked,
“No…I've seen them, never been on one” She said but then the ride took a huge sudden drop, everyone laughed, Kairi and Namine' screamed, Hikari was the only one who didn't scream, but was scared, she ended up making a small squealing noise.
“See it wasn't so bad” Riku laughed. Now they were in a place with a lot of water, robotic pirates and birds, treasures, ships, and princesses. She smiled at some of them.
“There's another drop up here, just so you know” He whispered to her. She was so mesmerized by the sounds and images she didn't hear him.
“WhaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?” She ended up screaming. Now they were in complete darkness. It was quiet, until they felt the ride stop, the Light flashed in front of them a HUGE T-Rex head was in front of them roaring. This scared Hikari she buried her face in Riku's left arm (A.N. the only arm of his she has access to -_-) He laughed so hard and pulled his arm away from her.
“That, was priceless” He laughed. As they traveled back up to the surface they passed many ruins. Many things popped out at them. Water was squirted at them. Everyone was enjoying there time. Once the ride was over they got off. Hikari was so freaked out and dizzy she staggered and Riku had to stable her. He was laughing so hard.
“I've never seen him so happy! I mean, he's not even being the sarcastic Riku I know” Kairi whispered to Sora, he only agreed as they looked at the pictures taken by the dinosaur. They got Hikari's picture right before she hid her face. Riku laughed so hard her was red in the face and crying of how funny it was. She was blushing, even though her skin was brown, you could see the red. She stood arms crossed, back turned pouting. “Humph” She said.
“I'm—I'm sorry it's just so—“he cracked up laughing again. Everyone else saw the picture but was more focused on there faces. Everyone but Hikari bought the pictures. After recovering from the laughing Hikari made sure he put the picture away so he didn't start laughing again.
“I'm sorry. That's just…I can't even explain it” he smiled at her. She laughed. Soon the group split up. Leon, Cloud, Tiffa, and Aerith went together in one group. Sora, Roxas, Kairi, and Namine in another. Leaving Riku and Hikari alone. They walked. Talking and laughing as they got in line for:
“The biggest Roller Coaster in the World” Riku looked up at it as Hikari did.
“That's its name?” She asked.
“Uh-Huh, very, very imaginative” He laughed as she agreed. Once they got threw the line they sat down in the two-to-a-car seats and got strapped in. Hikari was clinging to Riku's arm. “you don't like falling?” he asked. “Not at all” She answered. “God, that's the best feeling in the world” He laughed. The ride started pulling them up. It stopped at the very top, the highest drop on the whole ride.
 
“Whoa….” Hikari said in awe looking out at the view.
“I'll show you a view after ThIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS!!!!!!!” Riku yelled as they went straight down at amazing speeds. He lost circulation in his arm because Hikari was holding on so tight, but, she was laughing. Once they hit underground and they weren't going on anything but fast turns he managed to say.
“Hikari!”
“What?!”
“Let go of my arm your suffocating it!”
“Oh! Sorry!” She yelled when it suddenly went up and Upside-down in a loop-de-loop and she screamed. The ride went at tremendous speeds going on drops, smaller loops, everything you could think of. Finally it came to an end. When they got off she wasn't dizzy.
“that was Awesome!” She exclaimed happily
“Yeah it was” Riku was dizzy.
“Oh look at that!” She said running over. Seeing a costume it was a red bra, strapless. Coins attached to threads hanged.. The skirt was red and gold, silver coins accompanied this. “Oh I want it! How much?” She asked. Riku stood behind her looking at it.
“$50 dear” the lady said.
“I'll take it” She smiled handing over the money. Riku looked surprised. “you have money?” he asked.
“Of course” She said as if he was stupid or something. “A lot of it actually” She spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.
“I'm going to try it on” She smiled and disappeared.
“Uh…ok..” he said quietly as he waited. She came back out; he could see all of her perfect hourglass figure, no different skin colorations on her, all one solid color. She was sexy, and Riku just noticed this.
“Wow...” he said as his jaw dropped looking at her. She smiled. “Now watch this. I have another talent” She smiled and looked at a stage and went jumping on top of it. The DJ, seeing her belly dancing outfit, put on the Indian music. Everyone watched confused, but soon whistled and cheered as the music picked up. Riku watched up front in surprise. She had total control over her body, she moved her hips this way and that, her stomach and chest stayed put. She moved like a snake using her whole body, then did twists and turnes. Then turned around, and did a backbend which that ended where her whole body was on the ground. The Music sounded like waves, and that's how the top half of her body moved, starting at her abdomen her body made a wave that would end at her head, she did this the wave getting taller until it was so tall she was standing up again. The music ended. Taking a bow she smiled. She jumped down and smiled at Riku. He was still shocked.
“Wow…you know how good you look? That was awesome” He spoke quietly she blushed but laughed. “I'm a belly Dancer” She smiled at him. The others had seen her and came rushing to her.
“That was awesome!” Kairi yelled.
“your hot!” Roxas complemented.
“your great!” Namine' smiled.
“thank you!” Hikari smiled. Sora was talking to Riku quietly, she noticed, she just didn't say anything. But then they all disappeared, now seeing other things.
“Cotton candy?” Riku asked her smiling.
“Cotton candy?” She asked confused. He laughed and led her to the cotton candy machine getting one. They sneaked it on somehow onto the ferries wheel. Once they reached the top it stopped for others to get on. “Wow” Hikari said eating cotton candy looking out over the lake. Riku sat across from her smiling. “Wait until you see the fireworks” he smiled taking some of the cotton candy
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *~*~
 
It shall be a while till the fourth chapter is made! I'm Sorry! >_< But ahahaha I leave you in suspense! At the moment it's late for me, so I'm going to head to bed. Hope you enjoy!