Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ My Sweetest Downfall ❯ The Streets of Notre Dame ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My sweetest downfall
 
By Sunni D. Lockhart
 
A Sora♥Riku fanfic
 
A/N: Wow guys, this took awhile to get the inspiration for, but it should really be worth it! I've decided to add several new Disney worlds that haven't appeared thus far, and also, a few other worlds not included by either Square or Disney! I've had a few ideas of tossing in a little Yu-Gi-Oh!, Miyazaki, and others. Please send me any suggestions. This really is going to be quite entertaining, so please enjoy!
 
 
 
Chapter One: The streets of Notre Dame
 
“Stop that boy!” a soldier yelled as the young keyblade master went streaking past. Beads of sweat trickled down his neck, pushing him to run faster. His sneakers hammered against the paved streets of the marketplace while pedestrians cleared his path, startled. At least ten soldiers rushed to keep up with the boy, drawing their weapons for attack. Finally, he could run no more, and he pivoted to face his enemies. He thrust out his hand, concentrating all his power into his fingertips. In a flash of light, the legendary weapon, the keyblade, appeared in his hand. Clutching the keyblade, he crouched into his attack stance. The soldiers surrounded him on all sides, cutting off his retreats. His knees were bloody and his vision spotty from his previous battle with the judge, Frollo. One soldier charged him, brandishing his sword. The boy swung upward, sending the guard airborne. He pushed his body to fight hard, `Upward thrust, reversal, recovery swing, harder, faster, have to keep going!' He was flying now, striking the soldiers from every hit point. His muscles pounded and strained with his movements, burning and aching in pain.
The attack finally ceased as the soldiers fell one by one to the ground. The keyblade master leaned against his weapon for support, and he strained his eyes to see one soldier limping towards the palace of justice. `Oh no, he's going for reinforcements…' he thought, slumping to the ground, the keyblade hanging loosely from his palm. He gazed pleadingly upon the weapon, `Please, I have to get out of here…I call upon your power, take me somewhere safe…' These were his final thoughts before his head hit the cobblestones beneath him. The keyblade, having pity for its wielder, engulfed the boy in light, and both had vanished.
 
Disney Castle
 
Of all the warriors the historic Disney Castle had ever known, Riku was the greatest. His skill with a blade were unparallel, his strength unconquerable, his intelligence unmatchable. Riku Segawa was perfection. Pure, unadulterated perfection. Not only was his skill admired upon, it was also rumored he was the most beautiful youth in any of the worlds. He was strikingly handsome, the epitome of masculinity. His only conceivable flaw might be his irrepressible confidence, almost self absorbed.
On this particular evening, he found himself lounging in the courtyard, watching the stars blink and twinkle merrily; perfectly set against the darkening sky. Darkness…his area of power. True, he had learned to control himself in the darkness, and realize the balance needed in order to maintain one's sanity in the dark. He still was drawn to the darkness all the same. Sliding his aqua-green eyes closed, he let himself enjoy the gentle caress of twilight fanning over his face. His mellow mood was instantly shattered by the sudden outburst of light illuminating the castle. The light passed as quickly as it came, but Riku still shuddered from the after-effect. He scrambled to his feet, and sprinted towards the Audience chamber, where the light had permeated from. He summoned his soul eater on instinct as he burst through the small door to the chamber. He saw the King, the captain of the guard and the court magician all huddled around something on the ground. Sensing there was no danger, he dismissed his keyblade with a simple flick of his wrist. King Mickey looked up and motioned to Riku to come closer. The keyblade warrior shrugged indifferently and strode gracefully over. He peered over the others' heads to see just what all the fuss was about.
There was a slender body lying face down on the ground, masculine as far as Riku could tell. He brushed Donald, the magician, out of the way so that he could kneel down next to the boy. With a gentle nudge, he flipped the boy over onto his back, and his breath hitched in his throat. The boy's feature's were lovely, to be sure, almost effeminate in nature. His hair, a messy disarray of chocolate spikes framed his tan, heart shaped face. His pale cherry lips were parted slightly and drawing weak, ragged breaths. He ceased his assessment of the boy's features and turned his attention to the glinting weapon clutched in his hand. Wonders upon wonders, this boy possessed the legendary kingdom key! King Mickey seemed to be taking notice of it as well, considering his many quests to find the wielder of such a weapon. The soul eater and the golden keyblade were marvelous weapons, but compared to the Kingdom Key, they were mere servants to it's boundless power.
It was at this time that Riku took note of the boy's battered form. His knees, nose and mouth were bloodied and bruised. His clothes were torn, and his face was smudged with sweat and grime. “Why do you think this boy is here, your majesty?” Riku inquired, turning to the King. Mickey crossed his tiny arms across his chest, “Whelp, the keyblade must have sent him, that's for sure. Why send him here? There's really no way to know…” At that moment, the keyblade dissolved into light and was gone. Riku sighed, “There will be time for questions later. I'll handle the kid, your majesty.” Leaving no time for arguments, he scooped up the teenager into his muscled arms.
He exited the audience chamber, swept up the long corridor, and entered his quarters. He carefully laid the boy on his bed. Pausing, he took a moment to appraise the boy's pristine face. The dark slash of his eyelashes quivered against his cheek as he winced from the pain of his injuries. Shifting through his supplies, Riku applied an elixir over the boy's body, a green mist enveloping his form. The mist cleared, and the boy's tightened muscles instantly relaxed, the crease in his brow smoothing over in relief. Riku smiled slightly, and tentatively reached out a hand to pat the boy's hair. Once he realized what he was doing, he quickly withdrew it, and stalked silently out of the room.
 
King Mickey, though not about to admit it, had a vague idea of why the Keyblade had come to his castle. He stood in the quiet of the night, glaring at the darkness that enveloped the sky. Lately, there had been frightening rumors of a hostile black spirit that roamed the universe, a menacing, leech-like fixated evil that fed upon the pureness of souls. He had inquired about it in the beautiful world known as the Radiant Garden. He had been told by some of the less-convinced folks that it was just a tale conjured up by frightened children. Others, who had devoutly believed in the rumor, and assured him that all was well. Princess Kairi had apparently gone forth to conquer this evil, and seal it away. He also recalled over hearing that the Princess had been gone for several months, and some were beginning to wonder just where it was she had disappeared to. He was sure that whatever may or may not be happening would be revealed in due time. If there was a threat to his world, and others, the King would stand with the Keyblade master.